Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭abff

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    In other news, Trump has continued his attack on Jeff Sessions and declared him "mentally unfit" to be Attorney General. I really don't think that Donald Trump is in a position to call anyone mentally unfit.

Bring to mind the old saying “It takes one to know one”.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

In other news, Trump has continued his attack on Jeff Sessions and declared him "mentally unfit" to be Attorney General. I really don't think that Donald Trump is in a position to call anyone mentally unfit.

Well, that's probably improved Doug Jones chances of holding that seat by a few points.

If the other guy, Tuberville wins the nomination, Jones could hold on.

With Sessions there it'd be a walk for the GOP..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

duploelabs wrote: »
    When Trump attacks someone, it's usually a projection of what he fears about himself.
    Crooked Hillary etc and....

Yes, he retweeted a post calling HRC a "skank" the other day so you may well be right! :D

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Well, that's probably improved Doug Jones chances of holding that seat by a few points.

If the other guy, Tuberville wins the nomination, Jones could hold on.

With Sessions there it'd be a walk for the GOP..

Yeah, Sessions would win. Trump also announced that Sessions should never have been attorney general. Does he think that people either don't know or don't remember who appointed him to that position, or does he really think that people are this stupid?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,562 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Last Wednesday afternoon 20 May at a White House availability Wednesday with Governor Hutchinson (R) of Arkansas and Governor Kelly (D) of Kansas, President Donald Trump was asked if he would do anything differently given that we now know how coronavirus has affected the world. QUESTION: Mr. President with 4 percent of the world's population and 30 percent of the outbreak what would you have done differently facing this crisis?

TRUMP: Well, nothing. If you take New York in New Jersey which were very hard hit and we were very, very low and in terms of morbidity and in terms of -- you look at the death relatively speaking we are at the lowest level along with Germany, us, there could have been some smaller countries to perhaps. I would like to ask you maybe about that if I could, Deborah. We have done you know amazingly well. I think the biggest thing we did is stopping the inflow from China into our country and Deborah was a big supporter of that I mean in terms of how important it turned out to and so was Tony Fauci, they were very, very -- Tony said we saved thousands and thousands of lives. That was a great decision that was made in that was made very early. Please, Deborah. ;unquote.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/05/20/trump_i_would_have_done_nothing_differently_with_coronavirus_weve_done_amazingly_well.html

There was an edited version of the Q and A quoted elsewhere on the net and on U.S media which put a different slant on his response. Unfortunately I cant find it as I pressed something wrong on my keyboard which shut my computer down without saving anything. It was on the Rachel Maddow show.

I'm assuming the Deborah referred to by Don is Dr Birx and he was asking for her opinion in answering the reporters question. I don't know if Dr Birx responded in any way to what Don said. I'm not sure how NY and NJ citizens will take his "well nothing" response in either version in respect to the overall U.S covid-19 fatality figures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,194 ✭✭✭✭looksee

duploelabs wrote: »
    When Trump attacks someone, it's usually a projection of what he fears about himself.
    Crooked Hillary etc and....

It is absolutely the case that a sociopath will accuse other people of doing things that they do themselves. Its almost as though they can't imagine other things to accuse them of.

I have had immediate experience of someone who did this, eventually you can get to the stage of looking at what they are accusing someone of, and finding a situation where they did it themself, its quite a good 'tell'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

looksee wrote: »
    It is absolutely the case that a sociopath will accuse other people of doing things that they do themselves. Its almost as though they can't imagine other things to accuse them of.

I have had immediate experience of someone who did this, eventually you can get to the stage of looking at what they are accusing someone of, and finding a situation where they did it themself, its quite a good 'tell'.

If you were really overthinking it, that would cast an alarming shadow on the murder conspiracy theories he was chucking around on Saturday!

Sad to say that, after a request from the widower of Lori Klausutis, T.J Klausutis, to Twitter.com to act against Don Trump in respect to his tweeted comments on the circumstances of his wife's death, Twitter has refused the request saying that Trump's tweets DO NOT offend against twitters code of conduct.

Trumps press secretary, Kayleigh McEnany, when questioned about Trump's tweeted comments on the circumstances of Lori Klausutis death, responded by trying to make it Joe Scarborought fault that Don made the tweeted comments. How sick is that?

Adult decency has been thrown under the bus by both Trump and McEnany. I can see no reason why the lawyers for the estate of Lori Klausutis don't take action in the courts seeking cease and desist orders against Trump in respect to using twitter as a platform for scurrilious rumour-spreading and maybe seek similar orders against K McEnany for assisting Trump in his actions and against Twitter.com allowing Trump to use the Co and its services for the purpose of knowingly spreading false and malicious rumours about the circumstances of their clients death in the case. If the GOP doesn't act to restrain Trump, in their own right, from his tweeted ramblings, they are as criminal as he is in his tweeted comments about the circumstances of the late Lori Klausutis's death.

Actually I hope this rebounds on the GOP in Nov if it doesn't act with vigour against Trump and use the law to restrain him. He doesn't deserve the honour of having the title of President of the U.S. in front of his name. Rant over...

aloyisious wrote: »
    Sad to say that, after a request from the widower of Lori Klausutis, T.J Klausutis, to Twitter.com to act against Don Trump in respect to his tweeted comments on the circumstances of his wife's death, Twitter has refused the request saying that Trump's tweets DO NOT offend against twitters code of conduct.

Trumps press secretary, Kayleigh McEnany, when questioned about Trump's tweeted comments on the circumstances of Lori Klausutis death, responded by trying to make it Joe Scarborought fault that Don made the tweeted comments. How sick is that?

Adult decency has been thrown under the bus by both Trump and McEnany. I can see no reason why the lawyers for the estate of Lori Klausutis don't take action in the courts seeking cease and desist orders against Trump in respect to using twitter as a platform for scurrilious rumour-spreading and maybe seek similar orders against K McEnany for assisting Trump in his actions and against Twitter.com allowing Trump to use the Co and its services for the purpose of knowingly spreading false and malicious rumours about the circumstances of their clients death in the case. If the GOP doesn't act to restrain Trump, in their own right, from his tweeted ramblings, they are as criminal as he is in his tweeted comments about the circumstances of the late Lori Klausutis's death.

Actually I hope this rebounds on the GOP in Nov if it doesn't act with vigour against Trump and use the law to restrain him. He doesn't deserve the honour of having the title of President of the U.S. in front of his name. Rant over...

As I've said before in this thread, I think it may be the most disgusting thing that Trump has done. Causing endless misery to this family in order to settle a score against a media personality that's been critical of him is just the pits of human behaviour. Appalling. And Twitter should be ashamed of themselves.

In respect to Twitter.com and the code of conduct it has for its service users, following on from one of Trump's tweets today specific to Covid-19, Twitter later placed a notice at the base of his tweet advising people to check out the facts related to Covid-19 specific to the content of Trump's tweet. Maybe the worm has turned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I see his KAG slogan has been mostly replaced by the even blander "transition to greatness" which he's been using in tweets since the start of the month. Pretty appropriate too as it sounds like an admission of failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,062 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Twitter has for the first time tagged a couple of his tweets I see, urging people to "get the facts"

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Shelga

As I've said before in this thread, I think it may be the most disgusting thing that Trump has done. Causing endless misery to this family in order to settle a score against a media personality that's been critical of him is just the pits of human behaviour. Appalling. And Twitter should be ashamed of themselves.

It’s difficult isn’t it. I struggle to choose between this and when he posed with the recently-orphaned baby, whose parents had been murdered by a crazed gunman, with his thumb up, next to his brainless wife who was grinning like a Cheshire cat.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

New narrative from Trump on Twitter that the November election is being rigged by the Dems (projection 101 as usual). Mail in voting being the primary mechanism

If he loses on Nov 3rd, the following 11 weeks are a horrifying thought. God only knows what he’ll do

marno21 wrote: »
    New narrative from Trump on Twitter that the November election is being rigged by the Dems (projection 101 as usual). Mail in voting being the primary mechanism

If he loses on Nov 3rd, the following 11 weeks are a horrifying thought. God only knows what he’ll do

Hopefully A.G. Barr will resist any hare-brained proposal put to him from any other [in-house or other] member of the Trump team in relation to the right to vote by mail and a visit to the U.S.S.C to ensure there is no way "voter fraud" can be attempted. I've been minded about Jeff Sessions comments aimed directly at Trump about not breaking the law as A.G and wondered, as Jeff's comments came around the date A.G Barr differed with Trump lately, if the comments were also towards Barr as his successor. It may have been coincidental but I'm ever optimistic as lawyers have been the bane of Trumps life for years now.

In Trump's eyes as dubious voters are mail-in voters. A lot of those voters are uniform wearers and Covid-19 fighters, or elderly folks.. Even the GOP has to see that Trump is shooting them in both feet with his faked comments about "fake" voting when he's attacking those voters.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1265427539008380928?s=19

Threatening twitter for fact checking him.

They wouldn't even take down his lies when the dead woman's husband wrote and asked them, how the **** he can claim to be being stifled is comedy gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Seriously interesting development.

Public notification on 11 May from twitter about its new content advisory tags and warnings to posters and readers.

https://blog.twitter.com/en_us/topics/product/2020/updating-our-approach-to-misleading-information.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

kowloon wrote: »
    Seriously interesting development.

And about time too.

He's gonna bitch and moan abt Twitter trying to throttle him and his free speech rights and blah! blah! blah!

Wait for the 2nd Amendment nut jobs to now become 1st Amendment nut jobs on foot of his whinging!

All this can be translated into "Wah! Wah! They won't allow me to tell my lies! Wah! Wah! Poor me! Wah! Wah! Twitter never treated Abe Lincoln this way! Wah! Wah!"

About time, Twitter! Now deal with Trump's scurrilous usage of a tragic death to attack a TV commentator! !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Twitter needs to suspend him... what he do if couldn’t vent ? Press conferences at the White House at 3am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Twitter needs to suspend him... what he do if couldn’t vent ? Press conferences at the White House at 3am

Imagine if any of us accused others of murder?
    Insta ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,186 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Imagine if any of us accused others of murder?
    Insta ban.

"People are accusing Jack Dorsey of murder to test if Trump is receiving preferential treatment"

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/dorsey-trump-scarborough-twitter-murder/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Was he slagging Biden about wearing a mask?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭Christy42

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1265427539008380928?s=19

Threatening twitter for fact checking him.

They wouldn't even take down his lies when the dead woman's husband wrote and asked them, how the **** he can claim to be being stifled is comedy gold.

I am always impressed at how 99% of claims that free speech is being destroyed don't actually know what the words free speech mean.

I mean they put a tag on them but his words are still there.

As has been said anyone else would have been banned. However he will complain even if he gets treated nicer than everyone else that he can't have it all his own way at all times. For a group that supposedly wanted a strong leader he is a complete whinger.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Why do people automatically take Twitter fact check as actual fact?

Is it anti Trumpism? People complaining about how twitter conduct themselves regularly yet once they go against Trump suddenly their word is golden.

Now that's not to say what Trump is saying isn't bullsh1t just interesting that twitter staff are suddenly all knowing

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Why do people automatically take Twitter fact check as actual fact?

Is it anti Trumpism? People complaining about how twitter conduct themselves regularly yet once they go against Trump suddenly their word is golden.

Now that's not to say what Trump is saying isn't bullsh1t just interesting that twitter staff are suddenly all knowing

You're being disingenuous: nobody is taking Twitter as fact checkers supreme, but rather we're talking about Trump publicising vulgar conspiracy theories that Joe Scarborough had his aide murdered. And the fact being the US President allows you to spread that kind of misinformation and crass, disgusting rumour. This isn't being "Anti Trump", or playfully snorting Trump is talking "bullsh1t" - this is beyond the pale situation here where repercussions should be felt, status be damned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

pixelburp wrote: »
    You're being disingenuous: nobody is taking Twitter as fact checkers supreme, but rather we're talking about Trump publicising vulgar conspiracy theories that Joe Scarborough had his aide murdered. And the fact being the US President allows you to spread that kind of misinformation and crass, disgusting rumour. This isn't being "Anti Trump", or playfully snorting Trump is talking "bullsh1t" - this is beyond the pale situation here where repercussions should be felt, status be damned.

I'm referring to the fact check on mail in voter fraud.

Pat Kenny on newstalk having a whing fest right now. Talk about bias

• Registered Users Posts: 11,186 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Explain why it's bias? What did the Trump instigated investigation/report into voter fraud find?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

There have been a number of investigations into Voter Fraud down the years, such as a 2012 Pew Research Center study, or even Trump himself after the 2016 election headed by Kris Kobach. This information is publicly accessible. There's no voter fraud in the United States. Even Trump knows this 'cos he started his own (admittedly stalled) investigation - but is just sewing doubt 'cos he knows he's in trouble with November. Sounds more like you hate Pat Kenny and are shooting the messenger TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

The tweets have false claims in them though?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement