Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid19 Part XVII-24,841 in ROI (1,639 deaths) 4,679 in NI (518 deaths)(28/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

wadacrack wrote: »
    Cases as on Friday, 22 May 2020, theirs a 2 day lag.

Cases are as of 11am this morning. It works 11am to 11am.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Colm Henry is part of NPHET, Paul Reid is not

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Cases are as of 11am this morning. It works 11am to 11am.

Thats not the case.

https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/f1a35-statement-from-the-national-public-health-emergency-team-sunday-24-may/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

How do you know there weren't another dozen who had the virus and didn't let on but who gave it to a customer nonetheless?

Yes, they are infecting all the customers, while remaining asymptomatic themselves, while also ensuring that hospitalisations remain low.
    https://www.thejournal.ie/tony-holohan-community-transmission-5102798-May2020/

“WE HAVE EFFECTIVELY” extinguished Covid-19 from the community, according to Chief Medical Officer Tony Holohan.
    Unless you were tested you wouldn't know you had the virus. Considering the self isolation payment of €350 would be on a par with average Supermarket pay I couldn't see someone willingly passing on the virus if they knew they were infected. You'll just have to accept that Supermarkets are fairly safe.

That would require acceptance that it's not all doom and gloom and terror.

513612.png[/QUOTE]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

Yeah half of germany infected from one restaurant opening.

I’ll give the rugby a miss. But don’t let that stop you. Go ahead like a good guinea pig. We need to reopen ASAP etc.

Never realized 10 people was half of Germanys population. Or maybe that's just the hysteria speaking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Eighth straight day without a case in Sligo, up to 5 for Kerry.

“As of 11am Sunday 24 May the HPSC has been notified of 57 confirmed cases of COVID-19.”

• Registered Users Posts: 15,209 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Eh yes it is, read the first few lines
    "As of 11am Sunday 24 May the HPSC has been notified of 57 confirmed cases of COVID-19. There is now a total of 24,639 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland."

The stats regarding percentages etc which are all below are as of as of Friday. Note the difference in totals.
    "The data from the HPSC, as of midnight, Friday 22 May (24,569 cases), reveals:"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

This idea that our numbers drop over the weekend, is just a lazy assertion prob. based on some other countries reporting. It is not reflected in out stats over the period of the out break.

This idea that our numbers drop over the weekend, is just a lazy assertion prob. based on some other countries reporting. It is not reflected in out stats over the period of the out break.

The only figure of ours that tends to differ at weekends is deaths due to the manner in which our reporting system operates. Tuesday’s death figure is usually the one to go by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭giveitholly

I know it's a sunday but great to see a figure of 50 deaths in Italy,still 50 too many,how come these figures are not posted here religiously like they were every day at 5pm when the figures were up around 800/900?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

It better to look at averages over the past 7 days when the sunday and weekend numbers come out, todays 7 day averages is 77.6 , last sunday was 116.8, sunday before that was 161.6.

Based on the assumption the regression of the virus is going to have a long tail, current trend shows 5 new cases per day and 1 death per day by end of June. If this actually comes to fruition given the easing of restrictions it would be great news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Always_Running

This week number of deaths was 65, the lowest number of weekly deaths from the virus since March 23rd to 29th when 41 died.

The number of confirmed cases this week was 527, the lowest weekly number since March 9th to 15th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

I know it's a sunday but great to see a figure of 50 deaths in Italy,still 50 too many,how come these figures are not posted here religiously like they were every day at 5pm when the figures were up around 800/900?

Not enough misery would be my guess, anyway Mexico and Brazil is where it's at now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

The lower numbers just don’t have the same desired drama effect on this thread, plane and simple really.

The travel abroad mode of transmission is back up to 3%, having fallen to 2% the last time I noticed it. Is there any info on what the current proportion of cases are acquired abroad (maybe our fourth estate have asked :rolleyes:)?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

May the 4 people who died rest in peace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

branie2 wrote: »
    May the 4 people who died rest in peace

And all of the people who died today country wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭gw80

Is this what has replaced the hurling this year?
    Ill take it,
    Up the deise:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Not enough misery would be my guess, anyway Mexico and Brazil is where it's at now.

Yeah, the worst figures are posted religiously. Then when things start to get better...crickets..and they move on to the next place. Havent seen stats from new york or italy posted in a while. Its obvious its done to spread fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,094 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

When is the meeting between NPHET and the government?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Gael23 wrote: »
    When is the meeting between NPHET and the government?

Tbd

The only figure of ours that tends to differ at weekends is deaths due to the manner in which our reporting system operates. Tuesday’s death figure is usually the one to go by.

Really, looking at the 10 completed Thursday through Monday cycles, since the mid March, five have shown the average of the Sat/Sun figures to be less than the Fri - Mon averages.

I've sourced my data here
    https://data.gov.ie/dataset/covidstatisticsprofilehpscirelandopendata

Looking from April on it is 4 out of 7. I'd hardly call 4 out of 7 that significant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Yeah, the worst figures are posted religiously. Then when things start to get better...crickets..and they move on to the next place. Havent seen stats from new york or italy posted in a while. Its obvious its done to spread fear.

Indeed.

And remember this video much beloved by some - it hasn't aged that well though when supermarkets are publishing figures to effect that only 0.3% of their staff caught the virus, and they stuck there all day long.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Sure why would anyone post good news?

I've seen certain posters say they post "relevant" news yet they've posted feck all from Italy/Spain/New York for weeks.

Evidently only the bad and scary news is relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Ugh if I had a euro for the amount of people I hear saying, I just want a date for the end of lockdown :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭political analyst

Why have hotels and restaurants not joined forces to take a court case against the restrictions? I'm sure they'd mount a better challenge than Waters and O'Doherty did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Why have hotels and restaurants not joined forces to take a court case against the restrictions? I'm sure they'd mount a better challenge than Waters and O'Doherty did.

Because they are probably busy being proactive and figuring out how social distancing is going to work and implementing plans.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Gemma O Doherty and John Waters were sh1t stirrers. Many people realise that the lockdown was essential to slow the spread of the disease, and maybe some business proprietors are included in that group who realise the importance of lockdown.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement