Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

xboxdad wrote: »
    Apart from choosing an eligible vehicle - e-Niro is eligible - is there any other eligibility criteria for the 5k EUR SEAI grant please?

Don't think so, I made the application and received letter within two weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

ELM327 wrote: »
    This is not the case, I charged for a full day at 11kW in Lidl near the bon secours in Cork earlier in the year. Took on ~70kWh

Lidl manager looking out window at a €70k luxury car parked all day in his customer car park, sucking free electricity at possibly €3 per hour, all day, while he works on a 2% margin :D.

Cue the end of Lidl offering this service free for customers :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,504 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Hi there, hoping to pick up my car next week some time. Is there anything I need to check on the dealership side, in terms of UVO availability? The dealer doesn't need to install a sim or anything like that? The configuration issues have all been related to launching the UVO app on the console and accepting the T&Cs before you can get a connection, right?

Anything else I need to check? I doubt they'll have a three-phase cable at this point, but I'll ask anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭championc

My dealer rang me today to confirm that my 3 Phase charger cable is ready for collection (exchange). I might just take a spin out tomorrow and collect it.

Regarding an earlier question regarding the rotating mirrors, I think you were looking at the wrong forum since only the UK PHEV has that, which is linked to memory seats and Blind Spot Detection (BSD). So back in January when the SE spec was released there, people went nuts saying that the SE wasn't a Model 4 but more like a Model 3.5

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭xboxdad

championc wrote: »
    My dealer rang me today to confirm that my 3 Phase charger cable is ready for collection (exchange). I might just take a spin out tomorrow and collect it.

Is there any public confirmation on supplying a 3 phase cable from KIA Ireland you can point me to please? It'd be great to have a reference when trying to get one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Regarding an earlier question regarding the rotating mirrors, I think you were looking at the wrong forum since only the UK PHEV has that, which is linked to memory seats and Blind Spot Detection (BSD). So back in January when the SE spec was released there, people went nuts saying that the SE wasn't a Model 4 but more like a Model 3.5

Must poke mine again seeing as they are open again this week. I think I've spied another one on thier Instagram stories.

Haven't had anything public about it, but have a dm from Kia ireland on Twitter saying it's coming.

Might want to keep the single phase one for home myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

I see a Blue Second Edition available from stock in Donegal Town

Link: https://www.herronkia.ie/car-details/2542408/

Looks nice, hope it comes with a 3 phase charge cable.

Is there any public confirmation on supplying a 3 phase cable from KIA Ireland you can point me to please? It'd be great to have a reference when trying to get one.

I assume your dealer particularly was delighted to boast about the fact that it could be charged at 11kw ? If so, tell him that the car cannot be charged at this level without this cable, and other owners have received replacements for the single phase cable, which is the standard cable distributed.

I've just upgraded my headlight bulbs with the following ZES LED bulbs. They are high/lo bulbs so they are a perfect replacement for the halogen factory bulbs.

Attached is a photo of the left original beside the replaced right, and then a photo of the lights head on

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202923950239

• Registered Users Posts: 3,400 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Is it basically just a straight swap with no potential issues to worry about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

I've just upgraded my headlight bulbs with the following ZES LED bulbs. They are high/lo bulbs so they are a perfect replacement for the halogen factory bulbs.

Attached is a photo of the left original beside the replaced right, and then a photo of the lights head on

Did you do the fogs as well? If so, have you a link to that bulb too?

Did you do the fogs as well? If so, have you a link to that bulb too?

No, and no plans to either

Will certainly replace the interior bulbs to leds

No, and no plans to either

Will certainly replace the interior bulbs to leds

Hard to believe the are not leds to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Is your's a 2020 model? I only ask because the bulbs in my 2020 PHEV are single filament ones, HB3, and there's a mechanical shutter that moves up and down to do full / dipped beams.

Alun wrote: »
    Is your's a 2020 model? I only ask because the bulbs in my 2020 PHEV are single filament ones, HB3, and there's a mechanical shutter that moves up and down to do full / dipped beams.

A 2020 with HB3's / 2019 headlights. A somewhat sore point initially for us first batch of Second Edition Irish owners

Guys, are there decent tethered alternatives to the Zappi (for e-Niro)?

I know Zappi has the best reputation, but I don't need the solar capabilities, so I'd rather go a bit cheaper, but I still want a tethered charger with good quality.

I'm looking at the Rolec EV Tethered Home Charger at the moment.

Do any of you have it or other tethered non-Zappi chargers?

Thank you.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Guys, are there decent tethered alternatives to the Zappi (for e-Niro)?

I know Zappi has the best reputation, but I don't need the solar capabilities, so I'd rather go a bit cheaper, but I still want a tethered charger with good quality.

I'm looking at the Rolec EV Tethered Home Charger at the moment.

Do any of you have it or other tethered non-Zappi chargers?

Thank you.

Lad up the north selling a Pod Point for £200 asking

https://www.speakev.com/threads/7kw-type-2-tethered-offers-over-200-pounds-welcome.147292/#post-2824638

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »

Thank you. I'm more interested in people's own experience with tethered charger models used with their e-Niro.

A 2020 with HB3's / 2019 headlights. A somewhat sore point initially for us first batch of Second Edition Irish owners

I just searched Boards for threads about replacement LED Headlight bulbs and it appears that they are perfectly allowed to be used in Ireland.

As you may have seen from the photos I posted, the light pattern is exactly the same as the factory halogen, but just crisp white, which matches the led chevron's each side of the fog lights.

In a funny way, I'm happier now to have had the old Halogen cluster. If anything broke on the Full LED version, the whole cluster would need to be replaced.

P.S. I collected my replacement 3 phase charging cable today

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Thank you. I'm more interested in people's own experience with tethered charger models used with their e-Niro.

A charge point just delivers electricity, the car using it is irrelevant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭postsnthing

Thanks for this info, do your headlight have the mechanical shutter that moves up and down to dip ?

Could you confirm exactly which bulbs you ordered please

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Rolec chargers have a repyutation for being cheap and cheerful, we've used ours with two cars for around 3 years now with absouletly no issues. Ours is an untethered pedestal version.

JPA wrote: »
    A charge point just delivers electricity, the car using it is irrelevant.

Well, if there's no software involved, sure.
    If there's any sort of handshake protocol involved, it can all go sideways because of software in the car or the charger. I don't know if these home chargers are truly software free.

Thanks for this info, do your headlight have the mechanical shutter that moves up and down to dip ?

Could you confirm exactly which bulbs you ordered please

I ordered the ones I linked before - on eBay

I have the projector First Edition ones. I've no idea as to what goes on inside the lamp unit, but all I know is that the bulb is sold as a Hi/Lo version, so I assume that the bulb has a part to play.

I had to go out tonight, and they were perfect in the dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

I ordered the ones I linked before - on eBay

I have the projector First Edition ones. I've no idea as to what goes on inside the lamp unit, but all I know is that the bulb is sold as a Hi/Lo version, so I assume that the bulb has a part to play.

I had to go out tonight, and they were perfect in the dark.

The Hi/Lo thing is that they are used for high beam and for low beam.

Once the bulb is HB3 9005 it'll do the job.

Well, if there's no software involved, sure.
    If there's any sort of handshake protocol involved, it can all go sideways because of software in the car or the charger. I don't know if these home chargers are truly software free.

There is a communication between all charge points and cars, been told it's IEC 61851-1:2011 from someone who knows more than me in these things

But basically it runs on resistances between the pilot wires and earth, for communication.

Ie car connected, how much current can the charger deliver.

For instance a smart charge point can vary it's output by telling the car what it can supply. The car controls how much current it takes, not the charge point.

For replacing any Halogen bulbs on any car for LED bulbs, the important thing to search for is ZES

So search in Amazon, eBay, AliExpress or whatever for "ZES LED HB3" and maybe include "Hi/Lo" too.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

The Hi/Lo thing is that they are used for high beam and for low beam.

Once the bulb is HB3 9005 it'll do the job.

Found these on Amazon, looks similar the ones posted in the ebay link.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Teguangmei-Headlight-10000LM-Wireless-Replacement/dp/B082WY3H1W/ref=sr_1_14?dchild=1&keywords=headlight+LED+HB3+high+low&qid=1590319971&sr=8-14

For replacing any Halogen bulbs on any car for LED bulbs, the important thing to search for is ZES

So search in Amazon, eBay, AliExpress or whatever for "ZES LED HB3" and maybe include "Hi/Lo" too.

Whats the numbers on the bulbs you took out, eg wattage, lumen and colour if it says it, Just for comparasions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I just searched Boards for threads about replacement LED Headlight bulbs and it appears that they are perfectly allowed to be used in Ireland.

As you may have seen from the photos I posted, the light pattern is exactly the same as the factory halogen, but just crisp white, which matches the led chevron's each side of the fog lights.

In a funny way, I'm happier now to have had the old Halogen cluster. If anything broke on the Full LED version, the whole cluster would need to be replaced.

P.S. I collected my replacement 3 phase charging cable today
    There are no replacement LED headlight bulbs that are legal for road use anywhere in the EU. This is because there is no EU approval for these bulbs. Look on any reputable site selling bulbs such as powerbulbs.com, and you'll see that all the bulbs they sell are marked for off road use only.

In short, if it doesn't say ECE R37 somewhere on the packaging it ain't legal.

Advertisement