Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to try and lose 60lbs in 28 days

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

So it all starts tomorrow?

What’s the food intake tonight so?

Why does that matter if it starts tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Buddhas belly

good luck op. l did keto a few years back. first week was hell (keto flu) but after that it was fine. best I ever felt. thinking of trying again this coming week. fasting can be harsh. keep us posted and keep an eye on your electolytes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Minime2.5 wrote: »

When you say in your first post One last blow out and it starts tomorrow I’m just curious what a blow out is and why not avoid that blowout if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 73,364 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Because if you were actually serious about sustainably losing weight, you wouldn’t be stuffing your face tonight.

A bottle of wine and a pizza

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

How will you be providing your brain and red blood cells with energy since they can not not metabolise ketones?
    Have you factored how much muscle will be broken down to provide the needed glucose.

How will you be providing your brain and red blood cells with energy since they can not not metabolise ketones?
    Have you factored how much muscle will be broken down to provide the needed glucose.

Why do you think we store body fat. For the crack? It's nature's way of preparing us for a famine

Muscle loss is really only a concern if you've been training alot

Regards the bro science question. Your making a statement and assuming it's truth. Having you ever heard of gluconeogenisus. Sorry if I've spelt that wrong. Any way we will see in 28 days whether I'm successful or not

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Slumberland

Enjoy your last treat. Don’t give up! For lots of people the first few days of a diet are easiest but for me I’m the opposite. It’s hard for me to start. I half arsedly started last Monday and as a result know it’s not easy at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

The fact you are starting a weight loss plan with a blow out is worrying. Look I wish you all the best with it but unless you address what got you to your current weight how can you be sure you won't go back there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

Why do you think we store body fat. For the crack? It's nature's way of preparing us for a famine

Muscle loss is really only a concern if you've been training alot

Regards the bro science question. Your making a statement and assuming it's truth. Having you ever heard of gluconeogenisus. Sorry if I've spelt that wrong. Any way we will see in 28 days whether I'm successful or not

What is bro science? Do you mean bio science?

Gluconeogenesis is exactly what I'm talking about, it's the process of converting protein to glucose. The protein comes from breaking down muscle. This happens even if you're fat as your brain and red blood cells need glucose. Our bodies storing fat is to deal with times of scarce food, not starvation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

First off.

Good luck.

Few questions.
    Are you going to be doing exercise, if so what type?You will not be able to live off salt water if exercising.

Why not reduce feeds down to veg and meat twice a day as opposed to a full fast.

Why a month, why not aim for 30 this month, 30 next month, a drastic change like that cant be good for you.

But all the best and if you dont hit a loss of 60 dont be disappointed go again next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭KyussB

The muscle loss combined with the rebound (or crash-out) coming off this 'diet', I'd fully expect to leave you heavier than you are now within 6 months.

AdrianII wrote: »
    First off.

Good luck.

Few questions.
    Are you going to be doing exercise, if so what type?You will not be able to live off salt water if exercising.

Why not reduce feeds down to veg and meat twice a day as opposed to a full fast.

Why a month, why not aim for 30 this month, 30 next month, a drastic change like that cant be good for you.

But all the best and if you dont hit a loss of 60 dont be disappointed go again next month.

Because my appetite isn't great at present. If I'm hungry I'll eat

KyussB wrote: »
    The muscle loss combined with the rebound (or crash-out) coming off this 'diet', I'd fully expect to leave you heavier than you are now within 6 months.

We will see . I think your pandering to what you think you know buy hey it's only 4 weeks

Day 1
    Weight- 298.4lbs
    Waist-51 inches *measured around belly button in a relaxed state

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Cath54

Day 1
    Weight- 298.4lbs
    Waist-51 inches *measured around belly button in a relaxed state

Best of luck. Keep us posted how you're getting on. Hope it works out for you.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Minime2.5 wrote:
    Day 1 Weight- 298.4lbs Waist-51 inches *measured around belly button in a relaxed state

What height are you OP? Your waist is smaller than I expected.

tedpan wrote: »
    What height are you OP? Your waist is smaller than I expected.

Im 6ft 0

• Registered Users Posts: 59,513 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

Apart from the daily weight measurements, will you post your daily food intake if any and your general feeling about the process each day?
    I could do with finding the motivation to lose close to 40 pounds myself so this enormous effort may be of interest to me and others.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Apart from the daily weight measurements, will you post your daily food intake if any and your general feeling about the process each day? I could do with finding the motivation to lose close to 40 pounds myself so this enormous effort may be of interest to me and others.

Would also like to see day by day pics, or a video diary. You could go viral if successful.

• Advertisement

tedpan wrote: »
    Would also like to see day by day pics, or a video diary. You could go viral if successful.

Ill be taking weekly photos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Ill be taking weekly photos

Best of luck buddy. Sincerely - Please do watch for physiological signs that your body isn’t able to cope - weakness / dizziness etc. no point in killing yourself and being too proud to admit you might need to stop. Very best of luck. Will be watching for the daily weigh ins.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,318 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I'm very over weight at 302lbs . Starting tomorrow I'm going to attempt to lose 60lbs in 28 days. I'm going to use a prolong fasting routine using salt water . One last blow out tonight with the diet starting tomorrow. I'll post up daily weigh ins

I can guarantee you this won't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭endacl

If you want an extreme weight loss method that won’t sustain or do you any good in the long term, OP, have you considered simply having a leg amputated?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

everyone's body is different,there is any amount of contradicting information online about how to do things, im sure the op knows whats best for them,and will at least stop if they are too unwell to continue,i wish you well,you can do a lot of things if you actually really want to.

Muppet Man wrote: »
    Best of luck buddy. Sincerely - Please do watch for physiological signs that your body isn’t able to cope - weakness / dizziness etc. no point in killing yourself and being too proud to admit you might need to stop. Very best of luck. Will be watching for the daily weigh ins.

I have bags of frozen veg , steak and salmon when I need a refeed

My goal is to get to 240lbs with a waist measurement of 43 inches . Once there I will still have 50-60lbs to I will want off my body its at that point ill be transitioning to a less aggressive approach

Are you planning on working during this?

I wish you every success. Even if you don't lose your target it will hopefully be a good start.

Are you planning on working during this?

I wish you every success. Even if you don't lose your target it will hopefully be a good start.

10k steps daily

once I get to 240lbs, Ill hopefully be able to get back to the gym and lift weights

The plan is aggressive now because I have the bodyfat to support it but when I get to 200lbs and have the last 20lbs to lose ill be eating a full calories load and eating 2300-2700 calories daily and 160g of protein. The weight loss will also be dramatically slowed. No more than 1-2lbs a week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,440 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

The fact you want to do something is great.

After that there is allot of worrying stuff in your post OP.

The “last blowout” is a big red flag and shows your relationship with food isn’t in balance. Even if you loose some weight you will probably go on to regain due to a disfunctional food relationship.

Starving yourself is never ever the way to go. Your building a further disfunctional relationship through starvation, making food the enemy.

Get some proper professional advice. Getting yourself to a happy healthy weight is a life long journey not some stupid 28day fad thing that further damages your body and mental state.

Eat sensibly.
    Exercise sensibly.
    Busy yourself to avoid time focusing on food.
    Bring friends and family on board with your journey so they can support you.
    Make this your new life not a 28day fad

Advertisement