Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to try and lose 60lbs in 28 days

Options
123468

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5


    Pkiernan wrote: »
    I was wondering how you were getting on.

    Is this thread just a joke? It should be moved to Afterhours so.

    So this thread is a joke and should be in after hours because you didn't read the part that I am in hospital for emergency keyhole surgery of my ruptured appendix


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay


    Minime2.5 wrote: »
    I'll break my fast when needed with 500g of vegetables and 100g of meat . Small refeed

    Why weigh yourself in lbs?


  • Registered Users Posts: 13,464 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard


    Minime2.5 wrote: »
    Lol since when is skipping breakfast the same as what I was planning ? There's a world of a difference . I've done omad many times and did a 5 day fast before aswell

    And yet you're still heading for 22 stone. So, y'know, *maybe* your own advice isn't the one you should be taking?


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan


    Minime2.5 wrote: »
    So this thread is a joke and should be in after hours because you didn't read the part that I am in hospital for emergency keyhole surgery of my ruptured appendix

    No, it's a joke because your attitude makes it uninviting to read thru all the pages.

    How come you cant do this fast in hospital?


  • Posts: 0 ✭✭✭ [Deleted User]


    This thread should be locked by mods, OP isn't doing this due to surgery.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,565 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane


    Minime2.5 wrote: »
    Lol since when is skipping breakfast the same as what I was planning ? There's a world of a difference . I've done omad many times and did a 5 day fast before aswell

    Read the bit I posted. You're being a bit preachy about something you have yet to do, that's all.

    People are going to be critical and some is unnecessary but what you had planned to do is at the extreme end of things for the vast majority. Yes there are other plans that may be more aggressive and studies etc but they're on paper.

    The reality is its unlikely to be binary, if you end up doing it. It won't be pass/fail. Be fully prepared to learn from it and be less certain that what you plan to do will be as right as what you read on it. Not everything that works is going to work for everyone.

    Just be less intransigent about you being right and other people being wrong. You're going to try it, possibly, and hopefully it works but be prepared to learn from landing somewhere in the middle of the extremes of it being right and it being wrong and move on to the next step.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5


    McGaggs wrote: »
    Why weigh yourself in lbs?

    Huh?


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5


    Pkiernan wrote: »
    No, it's a joke because your attitude makes it uninviting to read thru all the pages.

    How come you cant do this fast in hospital?

    Because its impirtant to get your bowls working after this type of surgery


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE


    Minime2.5 wrote: »
    Your ignorant to the science that I know

    What is this science that you know? Please enlighten us


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5


    McGaggs wrote: »
    Why weigh yourself in lbs?

    Personal preference really and because from following fitness media from the USA that's the metric I'm used to . I can easily convert from lbs to kg to stone though but stone is such a ****ty metric to use from a mental aspect. There are 14lbs in a stone . 1 stone just accounts for too much data in my opinion


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5


    What is this science that you know? Please enlighten us

    Since Ive already been lambasted in here from all angles I'm not going to bother . I'm just going to be subjecting myself to more abuse .


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze


    Dude, just you do you, good luck on your weight loss. It does sound from previous posts that you've lost tonnes of weight before, but the key to sustainable weight loss is doing it in a slower, controlled fashion. Crash diets/ fad diets are only temporary fixes, a lifestlye change is what it needs. Cut out the excessive booze, exercise, eat healthy, work to a maintainable caloric defecit and you'll see far more long term results.

    There are people on here who know their stuff and have achieved amazing results, to dismiss them based on your own knowledge which may not be as good, is not a good start. Don't be defensive, accept advice and you'll do far better.

    See you in a year when you're at your target weight, fitter, healthier and happier.


  • Registered Users Posts: 18,227 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck


    I think the OP is achieving all his goals with this thread.


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay


    My straight up question would be what are the psychology issues that have led to you being that far overweight? And personally I think unless you can honestly answer and address them then you have almost no hope of succeeding. If you're anonymous on this hopefully you'll be OK with answering these questions, but if not then at least answer them to yourself. What are your stress levels like, what about sleeping patterns? Where do you stand in terms of career/life/family goals? What sort of self respect do you have for yourself and your body, and if it's very low then why? What's your current daily food and diet structure like? Is it at least structured with say 3 set reasonably healthy meals a day, and the bigger issue being consistent snacking etc, or just unhealthy the whole way?

    Personally I think your focusing on much too short a time frame here with your 28days, and you need to zoom out and honestly address those bigger life issues, I see them as all pillars in life, and everyone needs to have at least some of them in place, if they have absolutely none (say no interest in career, family, social, very little self respect etc, poor daily structure etc), then that's absolutely what needs addressing, and the weight gain is just the cumulation of these years of personal neglect as such.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost


    Minime2.5 wrote: »
    Personal preference really and because from following fitness media from the USA that's the metric I'm used to

    So your science is to take advice from one of the most obese nations in the world....


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb


    Ah in fairness, that's not a valid argument.

    There is fit people and fitness media in the US; that's absolutely undeniable.

    There's plenty wrong with this thread without picking out silly points like that.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5


    So your science is to take advice from one of the most obese nations in the world....

    I'm not even going to dignify this with a response. Face palm on so.many levels


  • Registered Users Posts: 33,340 ✭✭✭✭Penn


    McGaggs wrote: »
    Why weigh yourself in lbs?

    In fairness I weighed myself in lbs too while losing weight just because I grew up thinking of weight in stone & pounds, and it's still the way a lot of people see it. Plus it was what my weighing scales were set to by default.

    That said, when I was losing weight, I had an excel sheet where I'd chart my progress, see what targets I had to hit etc, but it showed me my weight in lbs, stones & lbs, kgs, and my BMI. That way I could see mini-achievements as I went, like one week I might have hit 2 stone lost, the next week even though I only lost 2lb, that might be 15kg, the next week my BMI is now down a whole number etc. Also charted my waist measurement too, and what percentage I was to my goal.

    Helped me see continuous progress as I went rather than just a long slog to the finish line. I found it to be a great motivator. Was great for accountability too, as I had to enter in the data for each week.
    Minime2.5 wrote: »
    Lol since when is skipping breakfast the same as what I was planning ? There's a world of a difference . I've done omad many times and did a 5 day fast before aswell

    Did they work for you though? Did you keep that weight off long-term? If so, why not keep doing those, as even though progress may be slower, they'll be easier to stick to long-term. But if they didn't work, why not? Because identifying that can help ensure whatever you try next does work.


  • Posts: 11,614 [Deleted User]


    Minime2.5 wrote: »
    What the hell is that supposed to mean.?Its my thread I stood up for what I believe . And I'm entitled to my opinion What would the alternative be according to your logic ?

    You're entitled to your opinion, of course you are.

    However, your attitude stinks and no-one is allowed give their opinion in "your thread".

    Would it not be less hassle to get a blog?


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5


    You're entitled to your opinion, of course you are.

    However, your attitude stinks and no-one is allowed give their opinion in "your thread".

    Would it not be less hassle to get a blog?

    All ive done is countered people's opinions with opinions of my own . My attitude hasn't stuck it may have been heated toward those who've I've felt have been heated toward me


  • Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb


    Now that's not true. And I think you know it.

    Here's a post where a poster offers you good, constructive advice and concludes with a positive message saying that they hope you achieve your goal - in no way could they be said to have been heated towards you, yet your reply is "Get over yourself"

    Here's another post again with a genuine question, and your reply is "Utter and total bull****".

    So your attitude has stunk, towards people who haven't been at all heated towards you.

    In the meantime, what have you got to show for the past seven days? Maybe you're down the weight of your spleen, given you've spent so much time venting it...


  • Registered Users Posts: 24,565 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane


    McGaggs wrote: »
    At that height and weight, you're not going to be a 32 inch waist, and 10k steps isn't that much and won't use that much calories. How do I know this? Because those are my stats, except I weigh less.

    I weigh 184-186 lbs, am 6ft and i have a 32" waist.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5


    cdeb wrote: »
    Now that's not true. And I think you know it.

    Here's a post where a poster offers you good, constructive advice and concludes with a positive message saying that they hope you achieve your goal - in no way could they be said to have been heated towards you, yet your reply is "Get over yourself"

    Here's another post again with a genuine question, and your reply is "Utter and total bull****".

    So your attitude has stunk, towards people who haven't been at all heated towards you.

    In the meantime, what have you got to show for the past seven days? Maybe you're down the weight of your spleen, given you've spent so much time venting it...

    If you can't see that Mr Stuffens isn't offering an opinions he's chastising me like a headmaster of a highschool and showing absolute contempt to my plan and basically telling me how dare I keep doing it and not take other advice I have no idea what to say to you . Regards my response to the other poster my pure and utter bull**** response was intended as an answer to the question he asked not an attack on the poster himself . The fat and bone comment may have been in poor taste alright


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb


    "If you can't see that you aren't offering an opinion, you're chastising the poster like a headmaster of a highschool and showing absolute contempt to his advice and basically telling him how dare he give you helpful constructive advice I have no idea what to say to you."

    Cuts both ways, I'm afraid. I stand by my, and it seems the majority of people on here's, view that your attitude is pretty bad.

    Still - should be 15 pounds gone at this stage? Especially if you've been in for treatment as that should arguably limit the opportunity for blowout eats.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5


    I weigh 184-186 lbs, am 6ft and i have a 32" waist.

    McGaggs original post must have been deleted . The reason he weighs less if hes the same height and same waist is that he has failed to take into account ones muscle mass . He simplely weighs less because he has less muscle


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5




  • Registered Users Posts: 45,299 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger


    After reading through the thread, I'm not sure I believe any of this tbh.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭highdef


    Minime2.5 wrote: »

    To add I'll be doing 10k steps walking daily

    10k steps in a day is pretty much run of the mill. I've been doing some gardening, shopping and cleaning settings the house and I passed 10k steps a short while ago. I haven't even gone for my daily walk yet, which is between 10k and 15k steps depending on what route I take. 20k steps a day outside of winter is pretty standard for myself, including one walk out day. 25k to 30k steps in a day if I go for two walks.

    Having said that, I'm only 140lbs so I'd be burning less calories when walking than you would.


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay


    Minime2.5 wrote: »
    McGaggs original post must have been deleted . The reason he weighs less if hes the same height and same waist is that he has failed to take into account ones muscle mass . He simplely weighs less because he has less muscle

    Yeah, I deleted it because someone else had already said something similar.

    I have less muscle mass and I'm expecting you will too at the end of your first phase. I was thinking at that point it would be too early to go to 3000 calories a day.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG


    6 wrote: »
    After reading through the thread, I'm not sure I believe any of this tbh.

    I'm with you - this has all the hallmarks of a well executed troll.


Advertisement