Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to try and lose 60lbs in 28 days

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,552 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

brianblaze wrote: »
    I got some resistance bands in pretty soon into lockdown but literally once I had hands on the bar it was a big relief. (Hands are soft as now though. All my callouses are pretty much gone so need to rebuild them!)

Same.

Told herself I can't do the washing up because I'd do untold damage to the calluses:pac:

I have a blister on my tongue and have been trying to drink a pint of saltwater to help it heal.

Trying to finish said pint for about 3 hours now.

I really can't imagine someone just drinking that for a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

I have a blister on my tongue and have been trying to drink a pint of saltwater to help it heal.

Trying to finish said pint for about 3 hours now.

I really can't imagine someone just drinking that for a month.

Kids Bonjela! It's unbelievable how quickly it heals them. (don't try and survive on it for 28 days)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Just checked out of the hospital . Spend 10 days on a drip. Because the apendix ruptured the infection spread so it took a while for it to be totally eliminated from my body . I actually lost 16lbs during my stay . My appetite was very poor in there and the food wasn't great either . All I ate was a couple of slices of toast and a bowl of cereal for breakfast. Couldn't stomach the lunch or dinner so had 2 yogurts for lunch most days and some toast again for tea . I dont want to be arguing with anyone here. Upon reflection the plan I was proposing is probably too strict . My appetite has been crap for ages so that's ones of the reasons I thought I could do it . Another plan I'm considering is just to eat 1 healthy decent sized meal in the evening and if my appetite increases I'll increase the frequency of meals and volume of food

• Registered Users Posts: 6,808 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Hi op. Glad you’re home and doing ok. I’m just posting a bit of my journey in case it’s of use to you. I started on 20th Jan with a target of 60lbs to lose, this was the heaviest I’d ever been and I could never have imagined it was gone so bad. I had become someone that I couldn’t stand to even look at and my self esteem was in the gutter. I decided things just had to change so I signed up to my fitness pal and started logging everything I ate. Then I decided to start intermittent fasting and have been doing this now for the last 85 days. I fast for 16 hours and then have 2 meals and maybe a small snack in between - most days I just stick to the 2 meals. I still log all my food and keep just under 1200 cals day. In the early stages the weight really dropped off Very quickly but then it started to slow down so I started walking so increase my calorie burn. I now walk a minimum of 20,000 steps a day and I’m losing the weight slow but steady. So far I’m down 44 lbs so have 16 to go. Initially I set my target for September and I’m well on track to reach that - maybe even the start of August. It’s a much longer road than you were planning but it’s steady and I feel that it’s also helping me to change my habits. Good luck with your weight loss however you decide to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Well, dare I ask.... How is the diet going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

60lbs in 28 days? Is that over 4 stone in 4 weeks?:eek:

Might be dead.

Sheridan81 wrote: »
    60lbs in 28 days? Is that over 4 stone in 4 weeks?:eek:

Might be dead.

OP had abandoned that idea as per last post.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Minime2.5 wrote:
    Just checked out of the hospital . Spend 10 days on a drip. Because the apendix ruptured the infection spread so it took a while for it to be totally eliminated from my body . I actually lost 16lbs during my stay . My appetite was very poor in there and the food wasn't great either . All I ate was a couple of slices of toast and a bowl of cereal for breakfast. Couldn't stomach the lunch or dinner so had 2 yogurts for lunch most days and some toast again for tea . I dont want to be arguing with anyone here. Upon reflection the plan I was proposing is probably too strict . My appetite has been crap for ages so that's ones of the reasons I thought I could do it . Another plan I'm considering is just to eat 1 healthy decent sized meal in the evening and if my appetite increases I'll increase the frequency of meals and volume of food

OP had abandoned that idea as per last post.

OmegaGene wrote:
    Read the thread

I did read the thread, read it every day in fact. It's been a week since the OP replied and my reading of their last post was that they had reflected and reluctantly agreed that the approach was a step too far
    Minime2.5 wrote:
    I dont want to be arguing with anyone here. Upon reflection the plan I was proposing is probably too strict.

... But that they were still going to diet with a less extreme approach
    Minime2.5 wrote:
    Another plan I'm considering is just to eat 1 healthy decent sized meal in the evening and if my appetite increases I'll increase the frequency of meals and volume of food

For someone who was so gung-ho and adament that they could diet and lose weight in contradiction to all the normal approach, advise and usual rules of dieting I think it's only reasonable to assume they are still trying to diet in some shape or form rather then abandoning the idea completely and hence why I asked the question.

I was referring to them abandoning the 60lbs in 28days.

It is reasonable to assume that they had embarked on a different journey although maybe they might be waiting to begin when fully recuperate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

28 pounds in 60 days

I'm am still not well

Three days after being discharged from the hospital I started to feel very sick so I went back.

It turns out the Infection was still in my system so I was back in hospital for another week

I've been out of hospital since Monday and on strong antibiotics , I'm still feeling quite ****e but hopefully this nightmare is almost behind me.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Hope you get well soon, you can’t be dieting while feeling like **** and on meds

As it happens ive lost 25lbs anyway. My appetite hasnt been great

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭WashYourHands

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    I'm very over weight at 302lbs . Starting tomorrow I'm going to attempt to lose 60lbs in 28 days. I'm going to use a prolong fasting routine using salt water . One last blow out tonight with the diet starting tomorrow. I'll post up daily weigh ins

This is the dumbest diet plan I have heard. Thread should be locked and OP should be banned for encouraging and promoting damaging "diets"

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    As it happens ive lost 25lbs anyway. My appetite hasnt been great

I was just going to post that every cloud has a silver lining. Mind yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

Hope you recover soon Minime.

Advertisement