Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Restaurant Recommendation Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Have to buy food to buy a pint. Plactic cups..cannot see it lasting. I live near it the burger is like Burger King anywhere else would be nicer

They seem to be doing a good trade from what I've seen in the carpark queue for collection. In laws had their usual curry from there last weekend and enjoyed it at €13.95. I wouldn't get a take away burger from anywhere tbh as it's going to be cold when you get home no matter where you get it.

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Just got Jacques take away. I should of heeded the red flag when I rang up to order. Collection by 5pm, and it needs to be cooked when you get home.

Got a fish pie with a small green salad and dessert. The pie was nice, but only marginally better than what one would get in SuperValu and bung in the oven.

Pretty disappointed for €35 to be honest. Maybe other meals are better value, but sadly I won't be going back to check them out after this.

I did buy a nice bit of wine from feed your senses. Gonna miss them.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭nerwen

siblers wrote: »
    Anyone ever eaten from Wabi-Sabi or Okura?

Love wabisabi, they're my favourite for quick lunch in town. Particularly enjoy the udon soups (the broth is fantastic) and their bento boxes, which are pretty good value I think.

Haven't tried Okura to compare though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Just got Jacques take away. I should of heeded the red flag when I rang up to order. Collection by 5pm, and it needs to be cooked when you get home.

Got a fish pie with a small green salad and dessert. The pie was nice, but only marginally better than what one would get in SuperValu and bung in the oven.

Pretty disappointed for €35 to be honest. Maybe other meals are better value, but sadly I won't be going back to check them out after this.

I did buy a nice bit of wine from feed your senses. Gonna miss them.

35 euro,was that for one?

If so, that's crazy

35 euro,was that for one?

If so, that's crazy

35 euro fed the 2 of us, just. I actually wasn't that hungry at the time we ate but still all gone. Granted it was tasty, but small. About the size of a fish pie you'd get in SuperValu for €7.

The crumble desert we topped up with ice cream. It was like ordering 1 desert, 2 spoons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Plus one to wabisabi one of my go to places in town for a quick lunch there Ramon is lovely,

Got a take away from them last week spent I think 28 euros but me and my girlfriend were so full after it and could not move !!!

Just got son of a bun. Got a One burger, dirty chicken burger and fries. Stuffed and struggling to finish it, but damn tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Got Koto through Deliveroo last night. Was unreal! Had a hake dish. Would highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,849 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Iyer's are back open for take away from tomorrow. Order today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭RINO87

Following the advice of the good folks here, we got burgers from the fish wife last night.....

Shhhhhhhtap! Absolutely savage, the meat itself tasted exactly like the ones we used to get from the butchers back home donkeys years ago. I was firmly in the "why go to the fish wife and not get fish" camp, but I agree with others here that its easily one of the best in town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭.red.

RINO87 wrote: »
    Following the advice of the good folks here, we got burgers from the fish wife last night.....

Shhhhhhhtap! Absolutely savage, the meat itself tasted exactly like the ones we used to get from the butchers back home donkeys years ago. I was firmly in the "why go to the fish wife and not get fish" camp, but I agree with others here that its easily one of the best in town.

I'm not sure of the name of the one I get but it's one of the cheapest on the menu, 2 patties, 2 slices of bacon and 2 slices of smoked cheese as well as onion and tomato (which is just wrong on a burger🀢)
    Fantastic value and I've yet to have a better burger in town and I include the fancy burger joints in that.

Fish wife burgers are good, alright.
    Only burger in town as good or better is Bunsen, IMO.
    Went off Fish Wife after some extremely poor customer service, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

I find Bunsen quite overpriced for what you get.

It was damn tasty what we got though. Seriously tasty burger.

Just had spitjack for the second time there. Excellent again. Their chips suffer from a bit of sweating on the drive home, but everything else is top notch.

Got pizza from Burnt this evening. Meh. It was okay. Nothing is on par with Pompeii pizza but they were not taking orders when we were having dinner. Order was rejected through Deliveroo. Must have been busy I’m guessing.

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Got pizza from Burnt this evening. Meh. It was okay. Nothing is on par with Pompeii pizza but they were not taking orders when we were having dinner. Order was rejected through Deliveroo. Must have been busy I’m guessing.

Have you tried Palmento? How does it compare?

Tried the new Japanese restaurant in Douglas the other night.

Okura it's called.

Very good portion sizes and very tasty, fresh food. Lovely presentation too, even for takeaway. Would definitely recommend. Nice fish rice bowls - I had the Duck Tepanyaki combo which came with loads of stuff - miso soup, tasty veg, lovely garlic fried rice too. Very, very nice.

Good to support them too. Must be very hard opening up during all this.

20200511-185749.jpg
    20200511-185807.jpg
    20200511-185838.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I got Bocellis on Deliveroo tonight, I had the Tagliatelle Prestrige which was really delicious and excellent value for money.
    I used to go there quite frequently before coronavirus and I’ve never had a bad meal in there. It’s about as authentic Italian as you’ll get in Ireland.
    They're quite off the beaten track so I hope they survive the lockdown and the aftermath of all this, I’d be very sorry to see them have to close.

Have you tried Palmento? How does it compare?

Never tried it!

A Burger is €7.45
    That's all I've ever had there.
    I think it's a very fair price for the size and quality.

• Advertisement

Has anyone gotten pizza from Rita's? It's a pop up pizza place by city Hall. Might get it tonight

Had Burnt once, thought it was over priced rubbish. Awful name for a restaurant too

Has anyone gotten pizza from Rita's? It's a pop up pizza place by city Hall. Might get it tonight

Had Burnt once, thought it was over priced rubbish. Awful name for a restaurant too

• Registered Users Posts: 18,006 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Its crawford and co. I can concur its a very good pizza

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

If you won’t to try a nice pizza you can’t go wrong with oak fire pizza had one the other night really nice

The fran well is also doing amazing take away pizza to

Had Bad Boy BBQ yesterday, burger was very nice, very nice chips too. Will need to try their chicken and pork next time

Had Bad Boy BBQ yesterday, burger was very nice, very nice chips too. Will need to try their chicken and pork next time

Where was this?
    Did I see them on the side of the road near Glanmire?
    Glad to see them getting on with it after the closure of their restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,006 ✭✭✭✭rob316

If you won’t to try a nice pizza you can’t go wrong with oak fire pizza had one the other night really nice

The fran well is also doing amazing take away pizza to

Novecento still the best imo. Perfect balance of thin base and toppings. Oak fire is very good though.

Where was this?

We got ours in Grange (they have a food stall) , they're open in Glanmire too but I dunno where exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,094 ✭✭✭Be right back

Where was this?

They're on the roadside across from the GAA club, just before the Brook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭Markcheese

A Burger is €7.45
    That's all I've ever had there.
    I think it's a very fair price for the size and quality.

I usually get the cheeseburger and chips there,I think it's good value , and come out full ...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement