Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Restaurant Recommendation Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

A bit OT, but I've been procuring my food from Neighbourfood recently. The collection point is just around the corner on Barrack Street from where I live.

This evening, I'm going to collect a rye bread with pork terrine and sauerkraut.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I find it a bit hyped up. Nicer chippers out there!!

Yeah, it's grand. Their burgers aren't great but they do nice pittas. There's plenty better out there

• Registered Users Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭rob316

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    A bit OT, but I've been procuring my food from Neighbourfood recently. The collection point is just around the corner on Barrack Street from where I live.

This evening, I'm going to collect a rye bread with pork terrine and sauerkraut.

Wife got me the gubeen chorizo in her collection. It didn't make it to fridge, inhaled it. Delicious it was.

It's completely mental how a chipper can create such a fuss.
    KCs is grand, like, but really?

More a cult or sect then a chipper IMO..... A food version of Tesla or apple..... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Wowburger are after popping up on Deliveroo- how is that? They’re closed ages at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Wowburger are after popping up on Deliveroo- how is that? They’re closed ages at this stage.

I saw that too and found it very strange. Checked their FB to see if it was legit and yep, they are definitely delivering in Cork.
    They’re closed well over a year, if not two years at this point so it would make you wonder how long their lease was to say they can open the kitchen back up.
    Very very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

SusieBlue wrote: »
    I saw that too and found it very strange. Checked their FB to see if it was legit and yep, they are definitely delivering in Cork.
    They’re closed well over a year, if not two years at this point so it would make you wonder how long their lease was to say they can open the kitchen back up.
    Very very strange.

Is Captain America’s still in Cork? They’re part of the same group so they could be using Captain A’s kitchen. That’s what they’re doing in Blanchardstown. They were never in Blanch until a couple of weeks ago.

Is Captain America’s still in Cork? They’re part of the same group so they could be using Captain A’s kitchen. That’s what they’re doing in Blanchardstown. They were never in Blanch until a couple of weeks ago.

Ah there we go!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,847 ✭✭✭sporina

what's this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭Be right back

sporina wrote: »
    what's this?

You join their network and they supply food from loads of local Cork food producers, like Ballyhoura mushrooms etc. Collect it from Barrack street.

• Advertisement

Tried K.Cs but they weren't taking orders. Got O'Sullivans instead. 15 for burger and chips, burger was huge and delicious , really nice dressing and onion rings in the burger. Chips were a very good sized portion and very nice. Also got a small portion of buffalo wings, very tasty and very big portion for a small . Would recommend. Miles ahead of West Cork Burger

You ring your order ahead, they give you a collection time, then they drop it into the back of your car in their car park. Very good setup

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

You've actually made my day, can't wait to get their chilli fries tonight after work!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

For anyone thinking about KCs it's a minimum order of €20 plus €4.5 delivery plus a processing fee of €0.5 so best case you're spending €25 which is a bit much in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

€4.50 delivery for a 2km journey is taking the p1ss and I say that as a big fan of KC's... Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

€4.50 delivery for a 2km journey is taking the p1ss and I say that as a big fan of KC's... Jesus.

Yeah it's price gouging at it's finest but, they know that people will pay. I tried to order it the other day but my order was rejected and they refunded me the money for order.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭Be right back

Especially when fuel prices have come down..

Kerry25x wrote: »
    You've actually made my day, can't wait to get their chilli fries tonight after work!!

Chilli fries were sadly disappointing because they left out the most important ingredient.....the Wow Burger sauce on top. It's the best bit like.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Kerry25x wrote: »
    Chilli fries were sadly disappointing because they left out the most important ingredient.....the Wow Burger sauce on top. It's the best bit like.

I hope you got back on to them if that's one of the main parts!

I hope you got back on to them if that's one of the main parts!

Nah, didn't open the box till I got home and I was after a 13 hour shift so didn't want to leave the house again. I'll be sure to check the box before I leave if I get it again though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

I've been using them as well. They also have a collection point in Douglas in On The Pig's Back. It's basically an online farmers market - most of the producers that you'd see at the normal Douglas and Mahon markets are there. Works out expensive but it means I can get all my fresh food there and only go to the supermarket every 3 weeks or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Has anyone used the takeaway/delivery services at Spitjack?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Especially when fuel prices have come down..

It's absolutely nothing to do with fuel, it's paying the delivery person.

The money wouldn't bother me as I've a family who would easily eat a decent amount of grub from there, it's different if it's one creole. :) What would put me off more is their use of gloves in normal times handling both food and money was a little slack, so I wouldn't be super-confident in their containment abilities during a viral outbreak. I also saw the delivery drivers queuing up at the window the other day, almost on top of eachother.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭Harika

Planning for Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I got it last week, it was delicious. The food was really good and packaged properly to ensure it didn’t get messed up on the journey home.
    The order process was also really straightforward, we were given a specific time to collect the order and when we arrived it was ready to go with minimal contact.
    Will definitely be getting it again this week I’d say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Neighbourhood food also have a collection point in Passage West village On a Thursday

Is there much of a difference between Captain Americas and Wow Burger? Might try one of them tomorrow

Is there much of a difference between Captain Americas and Wow Burger? Might try one of them tomorrow

It's showing on Uber Eats that Elephant and Castle are in Cork. I thought they were only in Dublin?

Can't really find anything showing they have a Cork location apart from Uber Eats or Just Eat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

siblers wrote: »
    It's showing on Uber Eats that Elephant and Castle are in Cork. I thought they were only in Dublin?

Can't really find anything showing they have a Cork location apart from Uber Eats or Just Eat

Wowburger, Elephant and Castle and Captain A’s are all part of the same group and are using Captain A’s as a takeaway location. Dollard & Co is another but I’m not sure if they’ve expanded it to Cork.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement