Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arrow/The Flash/Legends of Tomorrow/Supergirl SUPERTHREAD [***SPOILERS - The CW***]

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The Superman / Lois spin off show has been greenlit, so looks like the CW stable ain't getting any slimmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Have to say THAT cameo blew my mind.
    Berlanti said Ezra Miller reached out to them and it was actually filmed after everything was wrapped and in the can.

I don't think this crossover was the best but that made me giddy. You could feel the joy both of actors.

That was a curious series finale for Arrow.

After Diggle's final scene, it's going to be hard to ignore that elephant in the room across the Arrowverse.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,679 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

That was a curious series finale for Arrow.

After Diggle's final scene, it's going to be hard to ignore that elephant in the room across the Arrowverse.

It has been hinted so they had to pay of the fans as much as they can with Diggle.
    He did say they are moving to Metropolis so could be Superman show

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

English is such a funny language.

Did he throw them into the sea as bait for fish or something?

Or is Lois the director?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Or is Lois the director?

So this is how Aquaman joins the CW

"CLARK STOP THROWING YOUR KIDS IN THE SEA"

Or is Lois the director?

pjohnson wrote: »
    So this is how Aquaman joins the CW

"CLARK STOP THROWING YOUR KIDS IN THE SEA"

My bad, reworded my post. :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Apparently Stateside, the CW will be repeating the Crisis event because they don't have enough new shows in their April schedule. Mad stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

All of The CW's original programming has been put on ice until January 2021.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    All of The CW's original programming has been put on ice until January 2021.

Had a feeling this would happen, can see NBC and CBS announce the same thing soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I've seen things about the battle scenes will have to change no more close proximity fighting for instance also no more group fighting

I've seen things about the battle scenes will have to change no more close proximity fighting for instance also no more group fighting

Where you getting that? Last I read there was no clarity yet for unions or groupings about how production shooting would function post CoVid. There's going to be a lot of things to work out, logistically. Unless a specific US state decides to abandon procedures ... then suddenly we can expect everything to be shot somewhere like Arkansas lol.

Newsarama I'll try find the link

Just about to post it hahaha scary effect this could have going forward

That sounds utterly ludicrous, and comes off as spitballing through caution. Limit love scenes? Let's just rub two cutouts of the actors together lol. Or a series of very racy, suggestive dinners, When Harry Met Sally style. That whole article was surreal to read, but also sprinkled with caveats and abstracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The synopsis for Flash's 7th season has also been released, I imagine it had something to do with the original Reverse Flash cliff hanger that was planned...

The next crossover event will happen sometime in 2021 and will only be with Batwoman and Superman and Lois shows

The CW shows already felt pretty low budget with an execution you had to look past, I shudder to think how rough they might be if everything's shot with an attempt to avoid contact. Obviously safety first but I'd rather no shows at all than weird episodes where no two people are ever in the same shot, or fight scenes becoming even more limp. Cinematography and choreography ain't that channels strengths.

• Advertisement

pixelburp wrote: »
    The CW shows already felt pretty low budget with an execution you had to look past, I shudder to think how rough they might be if everything's shot with an attempt to avoid contact. Obviously safety first but I'd rather no shows at all than weird episodes where no two people are ever in the same shot, or fight scenes becoming even more limp. Cinematography and choreography ain't that channels strengths.

Well they could probably get around it by using alot of green screen as in if you were 2 having two people close together in a scene you would film them separately with green screen in back and then add them together in post production. Action scenes would be alot more difficult

I don't think CW have the chops or budget though to pull off digital trickery like that, and when I've seen other shows do it (such as Season 4 Arrested Development, when they couldn't get all the cast together in one shoot) it nearly always looks awful anyway. I dunno, we'll see and maybe it'll be fine - just wondering if the smart move wasn't to defer the whole lot until things return to normal.

pixelburp wrote: »
    I don't think CW have the chops or budget though to pull off digital trickery like that, and when I've seen other shows do it (such as Season 4 Arrested Development, when they couldn't get all the cast together in one shoot) it nearly always looks awful anyway. I dunno, we'll see and maybe it'll be fine - just wondering if the smart move wasn't to defer the whole lot until things return to normal.

Yeah filming any type of show or film while social distancing is going to be very difficult. Thing is they can't just defer til everything gets to normal as imagine all the crew members (not the actors) who would be out of jobs for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Preview of fight scenes in the new seasons

tumblr_lqysfrbD5S1qh59n0o1_250.gifPaQj.gif

As for the sex scenes, can we see a return to train entering tunnel/fireworks or
    https://tytempletonart.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/leslie-and-presley-under-rubber.jpg

(Not sure if that's considered NSFW, not that many here are at W, but wouldn't say it is)

The next crossover event will happen sometime in 2021 and will only be with Batwoman and Superman and Lois shows

Lol....Batman v Superman CW style.

Lol....Batman v Superman CW style.

The only thing I can think of that links Batwoman to Superman is Batman. What if the crossover is about finding him since he has disappeared. Also makes sense to only do a crossover with the 2 newest shows as gives the other shows a break from the logistical nightmare that is the yearly crossover. Hopefully going forward, they just do 2 show crossovers.

Stargirl leaked on my usual source gonna watch later on

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Rudy Rose quits Batwoman I see on Twitter.

Couldn't watch it with her in it she just can't act and was a charisma vacuum, I might give it a chance next season if they hire someone with a bit of charisma at least even if they can't act.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,679 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Rudy Rose quits Batwoman I see on Twitter.

Couldn't watch it with her in it she just can't act and was a charisma vacuum, I might give it a chance next season if they hire someone with a bit of charisma at least even if they can't act.

It actually was not bad. I wonder will they go with it as the same Batwoman or will there be some reset due to something. I am guessing it is due to surgeries on the herinated discs

• Advertisement

Hartley Sawyer, i.e Ralph Dibney from The Flash, has been fired:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/live-feed/hartley-sawyer-fired-flash-misogynist-tweets-surface-1297483

Bad tweeting at its finest.

Advertisement