Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arrow/The Flash/Legends of Tomorrow/Supergirl SUPERTHREAD [***SPOILERS - The CW***]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,284 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Brandon Routh was great as Clark & Superman and deserved so better than he got from Singer and that script.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Brandon Routh was great as Clark & Superman and deserved so better than he got from Singer and that script.

No question about that, I'm excited to see Routh doing the role again.....but if Welling is involved that's just taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Arrow Season 8 Comic Con trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

No question about that, I'm excited to see Routh doing the role again.....but if Welling is involved that's just taking the piss.

Welling is actually older than Routh so could play the older Superman that this is supposedly based on but not sure he is in good physical shape these days.

https://screenrant.com/bruce-wayne-batman-kevin-conroy-arrowverse-crisis-infinite-earths/

Between this and Titans, DC seem to have gotten very chilled about the character being used.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

With the eternally stalling cinematic edition, and TV becoming a stronger medium, it honestly makes sense to finally adapt Bats for the small screen. Batman has been a detective story for long enough now his natural home is arguably television, and serialised storytelling, instead of the mandated blockbuster superficiality.

They are diluting the product so much cinematically they might as well just open up all there characters to writers who actually might use them well.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

pixelburp wrote: »
    With the eternally stalling cinematic edition, and TV becoming a stronger medium, it honestly makes sense to finally adapt Bats for the small screen. Batman has been a detective story for long enough now his natural home is arguably television, and serialised storytelling, instead of the mandated blockbuster superficiality.
    They are diluting the product so much cinematically they might as well just open up all there characters to writers who actually might use them well.

At this point, they might see a good direction forward for Bats et al if they just let people play around with them. Clearly they don't know themselves where to go...

Birds of Prey?

Arrow spinoff

The CW Sets ‘Arrow’ Spinoff Starring Katherine McNamara, Katie Cassidy & Juliana Harkavy As Backdoor Pilot
    The CW is moving forward with another Arrow spinoff headlined by Katherine McNamara, Katie Cassidy and Juliana Harkavy reprising their Arrow roles in the new superhero series.

The new offshoot, which was teased at TCA by the CW boss Mark Pedowitz, will center around Mia Smoak, known as Green Arrow, and the Canaries Laurel Lance and Dinah Drake.

The project, which comes from Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros Television, is being set up as a backdoor pilot that will air as episode from the upcoming eighth and final season of Arrow. It will be written by Beth Schwartz, Marc Guggenheim, Jill Blankenship and Oscar Balderrama.

The CW’s The Flash also originally was developed as an Arrow planted spinoff before a decision was made to turn it into a standalone pilot.

https://deadline.com/2019/09/the-cw-sets-arrow-mia-smoak-spin-off-katherine-mcnamara-katie-cassidy-and-juliana-harkavy-1202743492/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Smallville's Michael Rosenbaum Turned Down Crisis on Infinite Earths Role

https://twitter.com/michaelrosenbum/status/1176526751461019648

• Advertisement

He doesn't seem to be doing much on screen work these last few years he has become more of a voice actor and podcaster.

Not giving him a script kind of goes with the idea i was thinking that most of these guess spots will be a montage with speaking roles.

I'd love to know what the viewership figures are for the target audience that Black Lighting and Supergirl/Batwoman and are they getting the Black and LGBT audiences/viewers the shows are aiming for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I'm about to watch the final episodes from last season for Supergirl, Arrow and the Flash and I have some Flash questions but no spoilers please for the season finales or the current seasons.

Why have the time wraiths not come for Nora? She has interfered with the time line more than once.

Flashpoint brought Eobard Thawne back into existence portrayed by Matt Letscher. The actor also appeared in Legends of Tomorrow. So why is he played by Tom Cavanaugh in The Flash Season 5? I assume that the actual reason is that the producers didn't want to pay Letscher but is there an in-universe explanation?

How was Barry able to use his powers to bring Dywer to Star Labs to get the meta-cure if Dywer had the knife on him?

And why do Barry and Nora keep standing around like a pair of goomeys allowing bad guys like the Cicadas to recover from a fight to escape or attack them?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,079 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I really wish they'd done Ultraman with Tom Welling he had already played Clark Luthor in a Smallville episode seeing the crime syndicate even if just a passing scene would have been great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

In the Bizarro Supergirl episode was any mention made of Clark having a Bizarro too?

In the Elseworlds crossover did Kara say if her Earth had a Batman?

Does the crossover start tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Nope it starts December 8th. just 2 more weeks to go.

From the crossover thread which you posted
    Supergirl: Sunday, Dec. 8 at 8 pm (special time)
    Batwoman: Monday, Dec. 9 at 8 pm (special day)
    The Flash: Tuesday, Dec. 10 at 8 pm
    Arrow: Tuesday, Jan. 14 at 8 pm (special time)
    DC’s Legends of Tomorrow: Tuesday, Jan. 14 at 9 pm (special episode)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,806 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I heard Titans will be in this crossover, is that right? And if so, which of the, now 6? shows do I not need to watch to catch up. I stopped watching them all around the Savitar times, don't know if I even finished that episode, but was watching the 4 in order of release. Don't think I can manage 2 1/2 full seasons of the 4 original (Legends, Flash, Arrow, Supergirl) on top of a season of Batgirl...

Started watching Anime instead and it kinda took over any spare watching time I had... Think I got burned out of the DC shows.

From the crossover thread which you posted

I unfollowed that thread for spoiler reasons and won’t be going back to read it till the crossover is finished.

• Advertisement

I heard Titans will be in this crossover, is that right? And if so, which of the, now 6? shows do I not need to watch to catch up. I stopped watching them all around the Savitar times, don't know if I even finished that episode, but was watching the 4 in order of release. Don't think I can manage 2 1/2 full seasons of the 4 original (Legends, Flash, Arrow, Supergirl) on top of a season of Batgirl...

Started watching Anime instead and it kinda took over any spare watching time I had... Think I got burned out of the DC shows.

Titans appearing is a rumour plus they film in Toronto I think. In relation to which shows not to watch, most of the shows apart from this season of Flash and Arrow. You could probably find season recaps of the shows on YouTube. For Black Lightning all you need to know is that he has lightning powers and the show has had no interaction with the rest of the arrowverse until now.

There will probably be plenty of refreshers for all the shows leading up to the event

Sweet. I'll stick with Arrow and Flash so. Reading through the Batwoman thread and mentioned that Arrow is finishing, so will definitely watch that. Cheers folks!

Sweet. I'll stick with Arrow and Flash so. Reading through the Batwoman thread and mentioned that Arrow is finishing, so will definitely watch that. Cheers folks!

This season of Arrow and Flash have been alot better compared to previous seasons as for Arrow it's only 10 episodes so no filler and for Flash the season is broken into 2 arcs. Hopefully going forward the other shows do something similar. Smaller season lengths lead to better storytelling and less filler.

Smaller season lengths lead to better storytelling and less filler.

I concur, as i'm pretty sure it was the Savitar season that put me off them all!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,685 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

This season of Arrow and Flash have been alot better compared to previous seasons as for Arrow it's only 10 episodes so no filler and for Flash the season is broken into 2 arcs. Hopefully going forward the other shows do something similar. Smaller season lengths lead to better storytelling and less filler.

Arrow did that for season 2.

Arrow did that for season 2.

How, didn't season 2 have a full 23 episode season?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,685 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

How, didn't season 2 have a full 23 episode season?
    Sorry I meant the 2 arc storyline like The Flash this season

Sorry I meant the 2 arc storyline like The Flash this season

Arrow usually have one season wide arc where the season big bad is either gradually introduced in the second half of the season, examples would be Slade in Season 2 , Ra'As Al Ghul, Prometheus or big bad is revealed straight away like Damien Darhk and Diaz. Most of the Arrowerse shows have followed the same formula with Flash doing something different this season.

Christ....Tom Welling has aged well. He'd be perfect now to wear the suit.

• Advertisement

The CW have renewed The Flash, Supergirl, DC Legends of Tomorrow, Batwoman and Black Lightning.

Advertisement