Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrow/The Flash/Legends of Tomorrow/Supergirl SUPERTHREAD [***SPOILERS - The CW***]

• 05-08-2016 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭

Thought it was worthwhile to have a thread in which all 4 shows could be discussed since they're apparently going to be crossing over a lot more in the upcoming seasons... Individual Threads for all 4 shows still exist in the TV forum, but since they also fall under the Superhero heading, it'd be nice to have this one here as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It's going to be an interesting seasons for all shows, especially Supergirl and how it's going to fold into the ongoing DC TV Universe.

Can we please refer to it from now on as the DC TV Universe instead of the Arrow-verse or Flarrow-verse...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It's going to be an interesting seasons for all shows, especially Supergirl and how it's going to fold into the ongoing DC TV Universe.

Can we please refer to it from now on as the DC TV Universe instead of the Arrow-verse or Flarrow-verse...

How about The DC CW-verse or The CW DC Universe, to avoid people unintentionally lumping the sub-par Gotham or other future DC properties in with this lot, that aren't part of the same shared universe...

How about The DC CW-verse or The CW DC Universe, to avoid people unintentionally lumping the sub-par Gotham or other future DC properties in with this lot, that aren't part of the same shared universe...

Either of those would work, I suppose it could be referred to as The DC TV Universe if The CW somehow got their hands on Gotham, but I don't see Fox playing ball somehow..

Either of those would work, I suppose it could be referred to as The DC TV Universe if The CW somehow got their hands on Gotham, but I don't see Fox playing ball somehow..

Personally I like The DC CW-verse, but then again I always liked Arrow-verse, so what do I know... ;)

I'd hate if The CW got Gotham - I've tried to get behind that show several times, but I just end up giving up on it every 4-5 episodes (I need to stop going back to it and trying to make it work, like an abused spouse).

Also it doesn't fit in tonally with the rest of The CW's lineup (in general, not just the other DC shows).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,778 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think Arrow-verse works grand and handier to remember. Otherwise we're going into the WWE World Heavyweight championship territory.
    Or since the Batman/Superman/Justice League animated shows were referred to as the Diniverse, maybe Berlantiverse works here?

As for the series, if rumours are true and they get Constantine as well, could we see a 5 night crossover event?

But for now, it'll be interesting to see how this crossover works. Are we going to have at least 1 character from each show in all shows? So Ollie, Barry, Sara(for example) and Kara are in all of the shows or will it just be a 4 part story with Sara appearing in Supergirl, then Kara appearing in Flash, Barry appearing in Arrow and Ollie appearing in Legends?

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I think Arrow-verse works grand and handier to remember. Otherwise we're going into the WWE World Heavyweight championship territory.
    Or since the Batman/Superman/Justice League animated shows were referred to as the Diniverse, maybe Berlantiverse works here?

As for the series, if rumours are true and they get Constantine as well, could we see a 5 night crossover event?

But for now, it'll be interesting to see how this crossover works. Are we going to have at least 1 character from each show in all shows? So Ollie, Barry, Sara(for example) and Kara are in all of the shows or will it just be a 4 part story with Sara appearing in Supergirl, then Kara appearing in Flash, Barry appearing in Arrow and Ollie appearing in Legends?

I think the rumours about Constantine revival is wishful thinking from fans more than actual rumours - it won't happen this television season anyway, but Constantine himself is rumoured (like legitimately rumoured) to return to Arrow or one of the other shows at some point this year.

As for the crossover, I reckon there'll be more than one character crossing over and hopefully a few from each show with a pretty major story running through the week - possibly
    the formation of the Malcolm Merlin/Captain Cold/Reverse Flash/Damian Darkh Supervillain group

• Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

As for the crossover, I reckon there'll be more than one character crossing over and hopefully a few from each show with a pretty major story running through the week - possibly
    the formation of the Malcolm Merlin/Captain Cold/Reverse Flash/Damian Darkh Supervillain group

In a recent interview it was revealed that the basic structure of the crossover is
    An external threat from outside the shows that involves Supergirl coming over to the Flash and then Arrow and ending in Legends of Tomnorrow

So it could be that
    Supergirl ends up in the Flash/Arrow verse during her episode and finds Barry in the Flash episode which leads to them joining forces with team Arrow in the Arrow episode which leads into the Legends episode with the conclusion being either the Supergirl universe and Cw universe merged or somehow a gateway is created that allows them to travel between the 2 Earths like with Earth 2 in Flash

In a recent interview it was revealed that the basic structure of the crossover is
    An external threat from outside the shows that involves Supergirl coming over to the Flash and then Arrow and ending in Legends of Tomnorrow

So it could be that
    Supergirl ends up in the Flash/Arrow verse during her episode and finds Barry in the Flash episode which leads to them joining forces with team Arrow in the Arrow episode which leads into the Legends episode with the conclusion being either the Supergirl universe and Cw universe merged or somehow a gateway is created that allows them to travel between the 2 Earths like with Earth 2 in Flash

Well that sounds like it'll be pretty epic if it's even close to that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

As someone who has only watched The Flash (haven't bothered with Supergirl and Arrow was tough to get into), it's going to make it a bit of a headache to keep track of what's going on; that's if the writing isn't on point mind you. Hopefully the writers remember that not everyone watches all the shows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

pixelburp wrote: »
    As someone who has only watched The Flash (haven't bothered with Supergirl and Arrow was tough to get into), it's going to make it a bit of a headache to keep track of what's going on; that's if the writing isn't on point mind you. Hopefully the writers remember that not everyone watches all the shows

Yeah. I've watched all 4 shows but gave up on Arrow mid-season 4, LoT after 4 episodes and Supergirl about halfway through season 1. Love The Flash but this has the potential to be really annoying to watch... Hopefully it'll be the opposite though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I do not think that the crossover will do anything to further eithers shows plot but i have a fealing it may tease a new show to either take over from LoT or Arrow. Not next year but maybe in a couple

• Registered Users Posts: 13,796 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Awesome idea! And i'm looking forward to the crossover, as they've managed to get all crossovers pretty spot on so far (iirc).

Can I make 1 suggestion for the thread? to put something like CB before spoilers from the comics and not the tv shows, just so I know which spoilers I can read? I know it's in the Superheroes forum, but if it's soley for the CW shows, I think the same comic book spoilers should apply here. I've no problem if people discuss it, but putting something to state if it's comic related before the spoiler (ie: CB
    like this
    ) means I, and others, don't want to see it/spoiler the tv series.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,268 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Yes can people please use spoilers I've had to put a few people on ignore something I don't like doing because they never use the tags.

Please ask if you don't know how to use the spoiler tags it can be explained.

On spoilers are we going to follow the same way as the TV Forum once the episode airs on The CW it's fair game?

Yes can people please use spoilers I've had to put a few people on ignore something I don't like doing because they never use the tags.

Please ask if you don't know how to use the spoiler tags it can be explained.

On spoilers are we going to follow the same way as the TV Forum once the episode airs on The CW it's fair game?

Yeah, once the episode airs in the US spoilers for said episode are fair game, I think. No reason it shouldn't work the same here.

I'd like to also add that I agree comic book spoilers should clearly be labelled as such (or perhaps avoided altogether), since this thread is for the TV shows. No reason there can't be a comic book thread for those who want to discuss the comic books over in the Comics forum - it's a grand auld forum, give it a look.

I'm pretty knackered at the moment after DCC this weekend and I was up and down from Dublin to Galway for work this week like a yo-yo, but when my head's a bit less foggy and I've had some rest, sometime this week I can edit the first post to add in some of these suggestions...

EDIT: Or it seems I'll have to ask one of the Mods to edit it for me, because for some reason there's no edit button on that post anymore - it's only been up a few days, I thought there was a much longer time limit before it became un-editable for the original poster...

Well that sounds like it'll be pretty epic if it's even close to that.

Looks like I could have been half right if this is true
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/supergirl/rumor-the-events-of-flashpoint-will-merge-supergirls-world-with-earth-1-a144336

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭spartacus815

We should organise some kind of meet up to binge watch all the seasons.. anyone up for it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,796 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

We should organise some kind of meet up to binge watch all the seasons.. anyone up for it :P

Just over 124 hours, or 5 days and 4 hours (including Constantine)... I'm up for it!

Dolph Lundgren
    coming to Arrow Season 5

&

Lengthy recap/synopsis for Season 3 of The Flash

Until recently, 26 year-old Barry Allen lived a normal life as a perpetually tardy C.S.I. in the Central City Police department. He was secretly in love with his best friend, Iris West, daughter of Barry’s surrogate father, Detective Joe West. Joe adopted Barry fifteen years ago after Barry’s mother was murdered and Barry’s father, Henry Allen, received a life sentence for the crime – though Barry always maintained that a mysterious “Man in Yellow” was responsible.

Then the S.T.A.R. Labs Particle Accelerator exploded, creating a dark matter lightning storm that struck Barry, bestowing him with superspeed and making him the fastest man alive. But Barry wasn’t the only person who was given extraordinary abilities that night. The dark matter also created meta-humans, many of whom have wreaked havoc with their powers on the city. With the help of his scientist friends at S.T.A.R Labs, Caitlin Snow, Cisco Ramon, and Dr. Harrison Wells, Barry began a journey as The Flash to protect the people of Central City from these powerful new threats. With this team, Barry was finally able to defeat the Man in Yellow, aka The Reverse Flash, but in their epic battle, a Singularity was ripped in space and time that threatened to destroy them all.

After successfully closing the Singularity from destroying Central City, Barry thinks he’s seen the worst… but the arrival of Jay Garrick reveals that the Singularity actually opened portals to an alternate Earth, known as Earth-2, which is being terrorized by a formidable evil speedster named Zoom. As Zoom sends an army of Earth-Two meta-humans to Earth-1 to defeat Barry, he receives unexpected assistance from the Earth-Two doppelganger of his former mentor, Harrison Wells. Meanwhile, Cisco discovers that he, too, was affected by the dark matter of the Particle Accelerator and must come to terms with his newfound powers. As Barry struggles to juggle life as a hero, he opens his heart to Patty Spivot, a spunky detective paired with Joe West, but realizes just how hard it is to find happiness when the lives of everyone you love are at stake. He finds some solace in the companionship of his father, Henry Allen, who was freed from a wrongful life sentence... but when Zoom kills Henry before Barry’s eyes, Barry’s newfound stability is shattered.

Blinded by anger, Barry unwittingly plays into Zoom’s game and uncovers the evil speedster’s true goal: to destroy all Earths in the multiverse. In the race of his life, Barry ultimately gets the upper hand against Zoom and defeats his nemesis. But unable to celebrate victory, Barry makes a world-shaking decision and speeds back in time to the night his mother died to stop Reverse Flash from killing her, irrevocably changing his past and redetermining his future.

The dark suited speedster seen in set photos with Keiynan Lonsdale revealed to be
    Savitar

Kevin Smith will be directing an episode of Supergirl this season - I think he's also back for another episode of The Flash again this season too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭spartacus815

Just over 124 hours, or 5 days and 4 hours (including Constantine)... I'm up for it!

Lol. Or maybe some kind of weekly meetup when new episodes are out. Like a friday night or saturday night thing :) I'm from Athlone. You know I haven't watched Constantine yet.

The Flash/Supergirl are doing a musical crossover during the latter half of the season. At least we know most of them can sing, and if they can tie it in as a decent storyline (like the Buffy musical), it should be good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ah jaysus. Guess I'll be skipping that episode then. As much as I love The Flash, I hate musicals / musical episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

pixelburp wrote: »
    Ah jaysus. Guess I'll be skipping that episode then. As much as I love The Flash, I hate musicals / musical episodes.

Depends how they do it. It is done seriously then yes could be cringe worthy but if it casual it could be good. I remember Psych did a episode that that is series 7 I think and it was funny as hell. Pretty sure it has been done in a few shows in the last few years

The Flash/Supergirl are doing a musical crossover during the latter half of the season. At least we know most of them can sing, and if they can tie it in as a decent storyline (like the Buffy musical), it should be good.

It's just a rumour, but Joss Whedon could be directing that crossover.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/08/12/rumor-avengers-director-joss-whedon-to-helm-the-flash-supergirl-/

It's just a rumour, but Joss Whedon could be directing that crossover.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/08/12/rumor-avengers-director-joss-whedon-to-helm-the-flash-supergirl-/

Greatest rumour ever. Fingers crossed.

Greatest rumour ever. Fingers crossed.

Hopefully if they use Music Meister that they get Neil Patrick Harris who voiced him on Batman: The Brave and the Bold in a musical episode.

Some of the Flash cast singing for Joss from last year.

Some of the Flash cast singing for Joss from last year.

:D

I had completely forgotten this had happened, even though I mush have watched it dozens of time when it first dropped last year.

• Advertisement

I had it as my ringtone for a while :)

Advertisement