Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrow/The Flash/Legends of Tomorrow/Supergirl SUPERTHREAD [***SPOILERS - The CW***]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Jeremy Davies to play
    Jeremy Davies, the big bad
    TVLine

Cassandra Jean Amell who is Stephen Amell's wife  
    will play Nora Fries

TVLine

• Registered Users Posts: 33,291 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Jeremy Davies to play
    Jeremy Davies, the big bad
    TVLine

Cassandra Jean Amell who is Stephen Amell's wife  
    will play Nora Fries

TVLine

Jeremy Davis is a great actor. Have liked him in pretty much everything I've seen him in.

This year's event is called Elseworlds and LaMonica Garrett (Designated Survivor) will appear in the crossover as
    Mar Novu aka The Monitor, “an extraterrestrial being of infinite power

TvLine

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Seen that but I must be missing something.... Looks like concept art to me!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It's official from the CW, I'd say it has just been overly airbrushed.

Official poster for Crossover event
    dppds7hu8aausg0-1-1139283.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Jon Cryer of Two and a Half Men fame has been cast as Lex Luthor.... Lol

Ah it's that time of year again: when I suddenly have to give a sh*t about Arrow, and get vaguely up to speed so I'm not totally lost when Character X starts bantering with Cisco :D At least this year that crash-course won't require the Legends!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Me too. I don't have nearly enough time to check out the full series but I love the crossovers!

Arrow confirmed to finish at the end of a shortened (10 episodes) season 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭terryduff12

Shame haven't finished watching last season, let down by poor writing no more than the rest of them. They wont last either.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,352 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd rather it was The Flash The Iris West Allen show that was cancelled it surely can't be to far behind in the cancellation stakes.

The only show worth saving is Legends.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Shame haven't finished watching last season, let down by poor writing no more than the rest of them. They wont last either.

Last season was not bad this season is much better. Wonder what DC show will be next

I'd rather it was The Flash The Iris West Allen show that was cancelled it surely can't be to far behind in the cancellation stakes.

I think the Flash has been okay this year. Yes there are thing wrong with it. Cicada was a bit strange but with hints that
    Grace could be Cicada by controlling her Uncle and later when he is caught herself it's easy to see why Cicada acts like a 5 year old
    There is a episode coming up in relation to meta human who killed her parents and Cicada will be wrapped in 2 episodes
    The Godspeed episode will be the start of the Reverse Flash arc that will not end until Crisis at least

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Would like to see the crossover next season be the end with a Justice League TV show reboot or a Superman Batman Worlds Finest show. Arrow had run its course in the current version with the crossover potentially having a deadbolt effect across the entire CW universe.

I'd do the crossover over the course of the full 10 episodes given the storyline is such a significant one it would be a terrible waste to do it in 3/4 show based episodes.

The speculation is that Arrow will die at the end of the Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover, which would certainly put a definitive capper on the story. I guess then the "brooding vigilante" checkbox in CW's roster will be filled by Batwoman, though honestly not looking forward to that based on Ruby Roses outing this year.

Would like to see the crossover next season be the end with a Justice League TV show reboot or a Superman Batman Worlds Finest show. Arrow had run its course in the current version with the crossover potentially having a deadbolt effect across the entire CW universe.

I'd do the crossover over the course of the full 10 episodes given the storyline is such a significant one it would be a terrible waste to do it in 3/4 show based episodes.

The story I give you is significant but that would be 40 episodes for Crisis even the comic was not that big. That be the worse then Peter Jackson stretching out the Hobbit to 3 3 hour movies

Crisis will be 4 to 8 hours long at most and that is plenty

pixelburp wrote: »
    The speculation is that Arrow will die at the end of the Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover, which would certainly put a definitive capper on the story. I guess then the "brooding vigilante" checkbox in CW's roster will be filled by Batwoman, though honestly not looking forward to that based on Ruby Roses outing this year.

I say there next outing will be
    Birds of Prey
    depending how
    the episode of it
    goes on Arrow.
    Would mean the end of Legends if Sara is part of it but do not see them ending 2 DC shows in 1 year
    It is unlikely but could do the future storyline as its own story with Mia & William as some superheros not as Arrow or a Canary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ok, so I was up to date with all the shows, but I haven't seen last years for any of the 4. Did I miss much? Should I go back and watch them all? I went into a pure Anime mode for the last 18 months, so I'm behind on a lot and wondering if it's worth continuing with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Has something changed in the last two years?:confused:

I gave it a season and a half but it went not great to woeful.

A bunch of superheroes who never barely use their powers time travelling for no reason with no consequences.

I'm only one episode in on the latest seasons of The Flash and Supergirl (Arrow later today) and I've always liked and enjoyed them but the same problem remains - Barry and Kara still have too big a support team. And yes - Iris. A badly written cliche. And how many times is Wally going to show up only to leave t "find himself" before he actually f***s off. :rolleyes:

Black Lightning bugs me. The characters and story are great but every action sequence (except with Tobias) is badly staged or dull, there is very little superheroing going on. The runaway story arc went on too long (probably because Jefferson doesn't realise he can walk faster than levitating :rolleyes:). Gambi is a Mary Sue but ridiculously likeable (anyone notice "Uncle Gambi" has never been to dinner or probably even in the house, the daughters never even mentioned his name until Anissa was brought to the Sanctum). I do enjoy Tobias Whale's racist slurs. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,163 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Used to love the Flash but lost interest this season early on. Just watched the latest episode however and what a pile of ****e. They've made Iris unbearable again.

Used to love the Flash but lost interest this season early on. Just watched the latest episode however and what a pile of ****e. They've made Iris unbearable again.

Wait, what??? :confused:

Iris was bearable? When?:eek:

Iris just needs a purpose; the actor is presumably signed up for now til eternity, and you can't kill her off without repurcussions. The constant job changes clearly screams of a writing staff that can't figure out where to put her - the obvious always being missed it seems (send her to CCPD, and have her work under Joe). Instead, her starting her own newspaper is .. well, it's kinda babyish in its writing.

Wait, what??? :confused:

Iris was bearable? When?:eek:

Thought she improved a bit after season 1/2 but that's just imo of course. :)

pixelburp wrote: »
    Iris just needs a purpose; the actor is presumably signed up for now til eternity, and you can't kill her off without repurcussions. The constant job changes clearly screams of a writing staff that can't figure out where to put her - the obvious always being missed it seems (send her to CCPD, and have her work under Joe). Instead, her starting her own newspaper is .. well, it's kinda babyish in its writing.

I didn't want spoilers but anything to do with Iris isn't a spoiler because she matter at all. :p

At least that means (I assume) that she is out of Starlabs and that joke of an idea that she is in charge.

And yes , I agree - clearly no one behind the scenes had any idea what to do with her. The main cast is simply on Arrow, Supergirl and The Flash is just way too big. I like most of the characters but they don't need to be around all the time. The hero life needs to be a struggle balancing both sides - in these shows it simply isn't.

Black Lightning has problems - they need to improve the action scenes and get in a couple minor superpowers crooks of the week but they have lessons to teach the other shows - have a purpose for all your characters and don't rush it, have the masked life impact on the public one and one don't have half the world knowing the secret identities of the heroes.

Still though - I enjoy the hell out of them all (except Legends of Tomorrow - I gave up).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

honestly feel nora being more unbearable has made Iris feel such a better character

sky88 wrote: »
    honestly feel nora being more unbearable has made Iris feel such a better character

I think part of the problem is that they cast actors to fit the universe they've built as opposed to fitting the character. Only dawned on me recently that the Arrowverse is full of overly peppy or melodramatic sorts.

• Advertisement

Jimmy Olsen is in the exact same boat on Supergirl: he's a main character, but the writers clearly struggle knowing what to do with him. Lena kinda floated in that area too, but season 4 has actually made her something of a standout character (particularly once
    Lex turns up
    ).

I kinda sympathise with the writers here & suspect it's often not their fault: the studio and shows' contracts are the leaders here, effectively dictating the character sandbox the writers can play with. Iris & Olsen had their roles back in season 1 - basically romantic bullseyes - and removed of that they're just kinda ... there.

Advertisement