Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The one and only refund thread [READ MOD NOTE BEFORE POSTING]!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

obi604 wrote: »
    Ok. But I don't get why you think it’s going to happen today. Flight is over 5 weeks away. Why would they be cancelling today, as opposed to yesterday or tomorrow etc

I'm basing it on my experience, my flights were 27th May and Every Thursday Ryanair were cancelling flights week by week, But it now seems from today they have blanked out the whole of June except the 27th and 30th so I'm guessing you'll be notified soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,529 ✭✭✭obi604

I'm basing it on my experience, my flights were 27th May and Every Thursday Ryanair were cancelling flights week by week, But it now seems from today they have blanked out the whole of June except the 27th and 30th so I'm guessing you'll be notified soon enough.

right, whats the story with the 27th and 30th June

right, whats the story with the 27th and 30th June

Not sure. Is it Faro your mean't to be flying to?

Not sure. Is it Faro your mean't to be flying to?

yep

yep

Yeah just check checking your booking on ryanair site, once the goes red you can apply, that normally happens before you get the cancellation email off them, from my experience anyway.

• Advertisement

Yeah just check checking your booking on ryanair site, once the goes red you can apply, that normally happens before you get the cancellation email off them, from my experience anyway.

grand, what goes red now?

Ryanair webiste> my bookings >

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭King of Spades

Havent heard from them since initial email confirming receipt of my complaint

Thanks. Will be interested to see what happens and how long it takes. Alternatively, if anyone has had recent success with the small claims court, I might go that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭limabromac

Normally active bookings are blue and there is a button for you to check in....if they are not active they are in red saying they are cancelled....
    Keep checking the website for a big red cancelled on your flights under my bookings and you will receive an email that your flight are cancelled too .. : )

Then you will have options

Like this

Like this

righjt so thats a mobile app.

so for people who want to try and get a refund, just click the get a refund and follow the steps, is this the first part of the puzzle, then go down the chat route and then scc or car etc

• Advertisement

righjt so thats a mobile app.

so for people who want to try and get a refund, just click the get a refund and follow the steps, is this the first part of the puzzle, then go down the chat route and then scc or car etc

Either way it will be on the app/the website and an email. You then can start looking at your options once ryanair have cancelled the flights .. : )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Thanks. Will be interested to see what happens and how long it takes. Alternatively, if anyone has had recent success with the small claims court, I might go that route.

I'm in for Ulsterbank Debit Card chargeback as well as Flightrights so will report if any results.

I'm in for Ulsterbank Debit Card chargeback as well as Flightrights so will report if any results.

Hopefully you get sorted...

not entirely sure what 'charge-back' is

is it a waste of time trying to do this with AIB? (from what I hear)

not entirely sure what 'charge-back' is

is it a waste of time trying to do this with AIB? (from what I hear)

Chargeback is a return of money to a payer. Most commonly the payer is a consumer. The chargeback reverses a money transfer from the consumer's bank account, line of credit, or credit card. The chargeback is ordered by the bank that issued the consumer's payment card

There is lots of info in this thread about all the lines of options one can take to try and get their money back..I am willing to try all the options as ryanair has 1000e belonging to me which I want back ..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/airlines-must-refund-passengers-for-cancelled-flights-eu-says-1.4252365

Good news, Ross et al didnt get their way.

"Airlines must refund passengers for cancelled flights, EU says
    Push by some member states to water down passengers’ rights rejected by European Commission"

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/airlines-must-refund-passengers-for-cancelled-flights-eu-says-1.4252365

Good news, Ross et al didnt get their way.

"Airlines must refund passengers for cancelled flights, EU says
    Push by some member states to water down passengers’ rights rejected by European Commission"

Yay!! Go EU!! ... Imagine Ryanair got fined for everyday they were in breach of the law ...I don't want to see them bankrupt but they have enough reserves to issue refunds...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭Muscles Schultz

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭JTMan

Quick question on my SCC claim.

The day count clock on csol.ie displays 13 days since the claim was issued.

I have read that Aer Lingus have 15 days to reply.

What happens next on day 15 (Friday) if Aer Lingus have still not replied?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

yes, good news, I dont want to drive click&go out of business, Ive used them before & hopefully will again, I need my money back & thats the law which was restated by the EU regulator today, if govts want to bail out travel companies let them do so with my approval,..I'll not forget Mr Ross or spoofer Varadkar either for their attempt to stiff me.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0513/1138116-airlines-eu/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

JTMan wrote: »
    Quick question on my SCC claim.

The day count clock on csol.ie displays 13 days since the claim was issued.

I have read that Aer Lingus have 15 days to reply.

What happens next on day 15 (Friday) if Aer Lingus have still not replied?

i believe the SCC award in your favour and the airline has to pay up

jonnny68 wrote: »
    i believe the SCC award in your favour and the airline has to pay up

Thanks, then I guess the fun continues while I wait for Aer Lingus to actually pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Just heard back from Small claims court
    I am forwarding a Notice of Dispute that I have received from solicitors acting for Ryanair.
    As they will not agree to pay your claim do you want to withdraw your claim or do you want it to proceed to a Court hearing

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Rang Aer Lingus today and finally getting a full refund. He didn't specify when but said it will take a few days to go back into bank account. Waiting 9 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,584 ✭✭✭✭banie01

banie01 wrote: »
    What a year!
    It really isn't until travel grinds to a halt we realise how much we actually travel!

Waiting on a refund from my son's cancelled trip to Barcelona.
    That was booked by the school via Topflight's school tour dept, whom are still trying to avoid refunding the money.
    He also was supposed to be going to India in October (now cancelled) but another refund that is being long fingered by the provider.

Our summer holiday which is booked as separate flights and accommodation.
    Will likely take the voucher option from Aer Lingus for the flights and the accommodation has previously offered refund on confirmation of travel restrictions over our booking dates.
    Email sent to them and awaiting a reply now.

We were also booked to travel to Sardinia for a family wedding in September, via a bloody convoluted route and a combo of Ryanair and easyJet that will likely also be cancelled if the rumblings out of Italy regarding restricting inbound tourists are true.

Seeing it listed, I'm kinda shocked how much we had booked!

Just a partial update on this.

Our hotel refunded us in full, with zero difficulty and honestly fantastic service for our arrival due on the 1/6.

Aer Lingus will be vouchers as we will be booking with them again for travel somewhere at some point.

My son's school trips away to date, all cancelled but no sign of any refunds as yet and given the TA are bonded, quite surprised to hear that much of their delay is based on 3rd party's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

CosmicFool wrote: »
    Rang Aer Lingus today and finally getting a full refund. He didn't specify when but said it will take a few days to go back into bank account. Waiting 9 weeks.

Mine was paid within 7 days after I rang chasing it

funkyouup wrote: »
    Just heard back from Small claims court

Same what a joke

CosmicFool wrote: »

Don't count your chickens until the money is in your account. I have being told lots of lies by the Aer Lingus call centre.
    I am forwarding a Notice of Dispute that I have received from solicitors acting for Ryanair.
    As they will not agree to pay your claim do you want to withdraw your claim or do you want it to proceed to a Court hearing

Are you proceeding to Court Hearing? Dicks in Ryanair doing this to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

JTMan wrote: »

Are you proceeding to Court Hearing? Dicks in Ryanair doing this to you.

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭ratracer

funkyouup wrote: »
    Yes.

Hopefully there will be a docketful of similar cases on the same day and the judge sticks the boot into the airline!

Advertisement