Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Not the post, but my dad is working locally (food business) so he has been delivering various bike parts I kept stored in my parents house to mine. Everyday is a mystery as to what I'll get.

2 steel touring frames, 2/3 boxes of parts, and some tools have found there way here.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭David6330

Shimano GRX 600 groupset arrived today. Time to start on the gravel bike build :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

That’s all very interesting but what did you actually buy?
    Scroll back half a page

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭JMcL

8valve wrote: »
    A word of caution - I ordered some tyres from bike-components.de on the 12th, and was given a DHL tracking number.

Package was picked up on the 14th, stayed with dhl for 3 days, then said it arrived in Ireland last Saturday.

Postman dropped it off this morning instead of a courier.

They did say the virus was causing shipping delays, though, in fairness.

I tend to order a lot of retro tanwall tyres from them for vintage builds, and normal delivery is within 3 working days for less than a tenner.

Bear in mind that DHL with regard to German websites isn't necessarily what we'd think about as DHL. They're owned by Deutsche Post and quite often what they mean (from my experience) is effectively a packet service where stuff will disappear into a black hole in Cologne, to emerge via An Post generally about 2 weeks later - presumably having sat on a succession of trucks in between - and this is when things are normal. Their tracking service isn't worth a sh1t3 either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Just ordered a new cassette, chain and tyres. Over 30 euro cheaper on Rose than CRC so I'll probably pay for that in the time it will take to get to me, but I'm not in a rush so no bother

• Advertisement

After my failed quest for a Saris H3, I stumbled upon A Kinetic R1 from a the continent. Now, DC Rainmaker and GPLama have their reservations, but I'm taking a punt. Shipped today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

A pair of Vittoria Rubino Pro Control tyres and a Castelli gilet from Merlin.

Somebody had posted the tyres up on the bargains thread recently so worth a punt for the commuter bike at €27 for the pair and the gilet because, well, you just can't have enough gilets.......:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,929 ✭✭✭cletus

A heap of different bits, tyres, tubes cables chain etc, to get an older bike back on the road

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

new Sidi Genius 7 shadow shoes on Merlin for me, new Sidi mega shoes and a Kask helmet for the brother is taking up cycling (his pocket might say otherwise soon!) :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

A Cannondale topstone gravel bike, ex-rental from Bike Breaks in Girona. For when we're allowed out to play in the forests and hills again...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭byrnem31

Have this ordered to carry stuff around on my new giant defy advanced 2.
    I just hope I can carry a kryptonite lock in it. It was €23 on amazon which is cheap enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭moose3844

Currently waiting on my new bike to be delivered. Havent ridden for a couple of years now because my previous bike was stolen, Really cant wait to get back out there

Not as exciting as a new bike, but I've a front derailleur heading my way

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Invincible

A couple of Lithion 3 & tubes & a Lifeline tyre from wiggle.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Handlebars, cleats and socks, all essential

I've gone through all the boxes I had "delivered". A brand new BB and unused Cantis are required for 2 separate builds and they are not in any of them.

I had a hard time describing to my mother what TRP brakes (in their box) and a power meter look like (again boxed) over the phone, so not sure how I'd do with them

Credit card took a bashing yesterday with Schwalbe Pro One tyres, Stans No Tubes Sealant, Stans injector, tubeless valves, 11sp chain & quick links ordered. Strangely, Merlin wouldn't ship the Stans sealant to Ireland so I had to get that from CRC:confused:

Also getting a pair of Ksyrium USTs dropped off tomorrow but will have to wait a week or so for the stuff above to be delivered before I can get rolling on them.

Something to do with shipping chemicals maybe? I have something in the back of my head about this, just can't tease out the reason.

Is it a pressureised container? would have to go by the boat if so and their courier might not have that option. I had the saem issues with AC50m butwrote in to the company and they posted by snailmail with a sign saying not by airmail, this was years ago though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING
    All international orders will be given a high end shipping estimate at the time the order is placed. Once the order is packed, an accurate shipping quote will be calculated and adjusted accordingly. Small part orders shipping USPS First Class International willship for a flat rate of $15 to most countries. International shipping rates do not include duties, taxes, or any other customs brokerage charges. Some countries may have specific laws that may affect orders containing sealant. Countries we currently cannot ship to include Russia, The Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, and Iran.

May be due ot the chemicals in the sealant, some courriers or shops are a little over cautious when it comes to adhesives and sealants. In my last job we used to have to ship certain adhesives which were a nightmare when it came to shipping internationally.

• Advertisement

CramCycle wrote: »
    Is it a pressureised container? .

No, it's just a bottle of bog-standard Stans sealant liquid.

May be due ot the chemicals in the sealant, some courriers or shops are a little over cautious when it comes to adhesives and sealants. In my last job we used to have to ship certain adhesives which were a nightmare when it came to shipping internationally.

Possibly. Weird that Merlin seem to be the only ones that wouldn't ship it. CRC was no problem. Had a look at what's in it and it's only propylene glycol, latex and water. You could drink the whole bottle and you'd be grand - and you'd be puncture-proof!*

*Applying Trump-style logic here:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Lizard Skins DSP bar tape from Wiggle dropped in my garden this afternoon (€13.99 - bargain).

No literally, the package dropped into my garden. Fastway driver the other side of the garden wall - "you in there?", he says, "I am yep" says I. Bang - parcel over the wall - "have to run" he says :rolleyes:

Thankfully nothing breakable (this time) :pac:

Our neighbour threw over two packages over the wall yesterday that we had reported missing. They attached a note to say they didn't appreciate the number of delivery drivers and takeaways calling in because of the Corona Virus. I found this strange as we haven't ordered any takeaways and most deliveries have rung before hand and the driver has come to the door or text to say its over the fence. So all of these are two deliveries, that it took a fortnight to pass along. Anyway, I figured let sleeping dogs lie, everyone is anxious. From now on I will add in a line to describe which house is ours. I feel bad, despite the rude tone of the letter, my pop psycology degree tells me they were not good with social interaction before the lockdown and were quite introverted so I can imagine the rudeness was a side affect of fear/uncomfortableness. Now I can't reply as they are clearly anxious about any interactions, but if I don't, am I being rude.

Wheels arrived yesterday. They are sitting there taunting me now while I wait another few days for the rest of the bits to land.:(

CramCycle wrote: »
    Our neighbour threw over two packages over the wall yesterday that we had reported missing.

Do you live next door to the Thompsons?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Santini Svolta jacket which I probably could have done with this morning, 1c at 6am according to the Garmin.

rushfan wrote: »
    Santini Svolta jacket which I probably could have done with this morning, 1c at 6am according to the Garmin.

That makes me happy. Not that you were cold, but that I woke up at 5.30 with the intention of going for a cycle, but turned over for a second sleep instead

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

Tyres & tubes from chain reaction & a new helmet from Ekoi in France. I ordered the helmet Sunday night & tracking says it's out for delivery by this evening. Be very impressed if it is

** Helmet delivered this afternoon

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Signed RMO promotional card of Paul Kimmage (ebay auction win)

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

Kask Mojito X from Merlin. Ordered over a week ago and according to the tracker, sitting in a distribution centre for the last 5 days.

Ordered Santini shorts and a top from ProBikeKit at the same time and they arrived today (wuhooo). Won't be using them this week looking at the weather forecast.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Typically I just received an email saying my order was dispatched from Rose (delayed) when I needed more stuff. New chainrings, tube patches and a gilet on the way now.

Advertisement