Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Anyone any knowledge of the Galibier Tempest Pro Jacket? Seems to review well. I've been very tempted by Weepsies Castelli Idro on adverts but don't think I can quite justify the price!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,272 ✭✭✭Macy0161

keane2097 wrote: »
    Anyone any knowledge of the Galibier Tempest Pro Jacket? Seems to review well. I've been very tempted by Weepsies Castelli Idro on adverts but don't think I can quite justify the price!
    Can't compare it to the likes of Gabba, but it was breathable enough that I got a good way into the Tour De Kilkenny last August before it was too sweaty! Packs down small enough for the back pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭mitchelsontour

Long time lurker - first time poster

A circe helios tandem

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭dahat

A3 license
    Swiss Stop pads
    Chamois cream
    Cheap air pod clones

Pretty boring payday spend really, needed more but sure need food n bills to be paid as well!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Oberkon

dahat wrote: »
    A3 license
    Swiss Stop pads
    Chamois cream
    Cheap air pod clones

Pretty boring payday spend really, needed more but sure need food n bills to be paid as well!!!

Well done on the upgrade -A2 next year so at this rate

• Advertisement

Oberkon wrote: »
    Well done on the upgrade -A2 next year so at this rate

Year 3 in A3 but one of those only 3 races due to injury. Took me a long time to get used to A3 so the aim in A2 upgrade thus season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Long time lurker - first time poster

A circe helios tandem
    Very nice, let us know how it handles
    A3 license
    Me too, see you on the road this year.
    Year 3 in A3 but one of those only 3 races due to injury. Took me a long time to get used to A3 so the aim in A2 upgrade thus season.
    We can work together or against each other but I am aiming for the same :pac:

CramCycle wrote: »
    Very nice, let us know how it handles

Me too, see you on the road this year.

We can work together or against each other but I am aiming for the same :pac:

Find my large rump in a peleton somewhere and we can try something for sure.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

keane2097 wrote: »

The idro is obviously better though!!*

I have to try

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭cletus

Just bought Cycling in Ireland from easons.com.

They have 25% off using the promo code BOOKWORM, as a by the way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭bingobars

I dont think it’s growing back so 128€ worth of a chain ring coming . Don’t link me to cheaper and make me feel 🀮

https://imgur.com/gallery/aVEajgD

• Registered Users Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

does a bike count as a bike related thing ?

Cannondale Synapse Carbon Disc Ultegra Di2
    https://www.cannondale.com/en/bikes/road/endurance/synapse-carbon/synapse-carbon-disc-ultegra-di2/2019

I've got that in Shimano 105 - fantastic bike and incredibly comfortable for long days out

Two things in the post for me at the moment. First I'm waiting on a castellated wrench for taking apart Suntour suspension forks.

And yesterday I ordered a set of decals from the UK (thanks to whoever gave me the links on the "Today I did something..." thread) for the Muddy Fox restoration

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Trekker09

New chainrings for my 12 speed Record chainset. For some strange reason they shipped with 11 speed rings (not fitted). Unfortunately these were stuck in Milan for a few weeks but have now reached Belgium, so should be here soon. With all that's going on it's just a minor blip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Base layers and a big floor fan for infinite turbo hours

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

some tri / aero clip on bars for the turbo bike... just for a different position.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭fat bloke

I nabbed a bust of those special edition (Giro and TdeF) camelbak podium bottles. Hoping they'll come today. - Not that I need em that desperately, but..... yknow

a-brown-labrador-dog-waits-by-a-front-door-BEKC5A.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

I went down to parcel motel expecting some nosepads for my Oakley Sunglasses, came back with three pairs of bibshorts, a pair of winter gloses and a pair of sunglasses from Polaris.

DAMNED DRUNKEN SHOPPING

Though I guess that means I still have the Oakley spare to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭8valve

An expandable bikepacking saddle bag, I ordered from Aliexpress back in February, arrived yesterday.

The postman carried the package down the driveway at arms length and left it on the doorstep, like he was carrying a ticking bomb!

• Advertisement

I've been looking at a heap of them on Ali Express, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. What one did you go for?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,347 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Any irish cycle sites still delivering?

Want to support Irish businesses

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭letape

Not quite in the post - but looking forward to setting this up later

ZTl9Rex.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭8valve

cletus wrote: »
    I've been looking at a heap of them on Ali Express, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. What one did you go for?

ROSWHEEL 8 litre; looks like decent quality, materials, stitching etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

marreybikes.com and chain driven in Sligo afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I ordered from Cycle Superstore on Wednesday. Chain, Jagwire shift cables and bar tape.

I usually order from CRC but given the current situation I decided it’s time to keep it local.

The order arrived this morning.

EDIT: Price was there or thereabouts with CRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭woody33

Might break the bank...an adaptor so I can pump my presta valves at the supermarket schrader car type air pump. A whole euro from the orient, might take a while. Slow boat, and all.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

356885-00-d-766990.jpg

Some new Masters. Lot of quarantine shopping happening!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Michelin latex tubes x 2
    SIS electrolyte tablets x 4
    Campagnolo red pads for shimano.

All coming from Bike24. It’s bad when it’s cheaper to buy stuff all the way from Germany and pay for shipping than buying at home or the UK.

Advertisement