Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Pair of DHB bibs and some tubes from Wiggle and also a pair of bibs from Galibier based on a recommendation here. Used to be fine with non-bib shorts but find bibs way more comfortable these days. I suspect my expanding waist line might bear the blame for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,432 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Ordered a few bibs.

I need to get my weight under control, so much fluctuation, its costing me a fortune in clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Ultra Torque crank bolt for my new Campag Record 12 speed. Shwalbe Pro1 tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Today my LBS dropped this out to me :)
    Have 2 Elite Vico Carbon cages on the way in black/white.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Selle Italia SLR Superflow saddle... been putting up with the stock Giant saddle for 3 yrs too many. Hope it's comfy!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭8valve

Tyres, tyres and more tyres...Michelin Dynamic Classics, which I use on the majority of my retro racer restorations, and some cool tanwall Schwalbe Table Tops, which I'm fitting to a Kirk magnesium MTB gravel/frankenbike conversion!

And a Reynolds 531 polo shirt that looks a bit mod-ish.

Christ I'm such a bike nerd.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Flaccus wrote: »

Very nice! That’s a serious number of stem spacers it has on it though!

I so want to like SRAM etap but just can’t, it’s so bulky looking in comparison to Di2 but lovely bike all the same sane. Well wear.

Very nice! That’s a serious number of stem slavers it has on it though!

I so want to like SRAM etap but just can’t, it’s so bulky looking in comparison to Di2 but lovely bike all the same sane. Well wear.

Thanks. Yeah, some need to be removed allright and steerer cut but mechanic not available to do it till next week. The look of the mechs takes some getting used to allright. Not sure about the saddle either. I have a Fizik Temp Argo R1 which is definitely more comfortable but I think it will look wrong on that bike.

(https://www.cyclingweekly.com/reviews/saddles-seat-posts/fizik-tempo-argo-r1-saddle)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Woah! Nice bike. Cripes, that must be the most of ten g's. Hope you're within a worthy 2km radius :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Oberkon

That’s a beauty -did you get in in CSS, have you had a spin yet ? Do you notice the 12th gear ?
    Trying to make my mind up between the system six or supersix

• Advertisement

Oberkon wrote: »
    That’s a beauty -did you get in in CSS, have you had a spin yet ? Do you notice the 12th gear ?
    Trying to make my mind up between the system six or supersix

Thanks. Local guys in Limerick (The Hub Bikes near Coonagh opposite Tescos), highly recommend them. Mechanic came in for a few hours to build it up and they delivered it to my door. Obviously I could not visit but only after a short ride I will have to get at least 2 spacers removed. Didn't get a chance to use the 10 cog. Sorry.

I had a topstone carbon before that and to be honest the geometry is very similar. So if you like a more relaxed ride for endurance then I would recommend this. It is similar to the synapse in that respect. But apparently it's still a race bike. All the feedback I have gotten from the LBS is the SystemSix doesn't have as much compliance mostly due to the aero seatpost and unless you are into racing, then the SuperSix is the way to go.

Dead easy to setup the gears in the app. I'm lazy and just set it to sequential mode so don't even have to think about shifting the front ring. Just right lever for harder gear, left lever for easier gear. There is also a RD micro adjustment you can make while riding if you feel the chain is rubbing too close to one of the back cogs. The tiny axs button on inside of lever, if you hold it down while shifting it can move the chain 0.25mm inboard or outboard to make you drivetrain less noisy. The 2 batteries takes 40 minutes max to fully charge. If you have a garmin or wahoo you will be able to monitor the rear battery at least but it flashes a different colour also so you can always tell when it needs charging. Garmin or wahoo also will tell you what cogs or ring you are in and this works with no delay.

I had them fit a sram chain "spotter" catcher which is supposed to work better then the standard catchers out there. (https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/gear-spares/0-sram-chain-spotter-w-washer-for-front-derailleur/). They also swapped out the stock 25c rubino pro's for a pair of 28c tanwalls corsas which I run at 90PSI (90PSI is max pressure the hollowgram wheelset can take on 28c rubber). The wheelset is only 35mm deep but has the rebadged dtswiss 240s hubs. Not sure about the 80mm valves on the innertubes. 60mm would have been better but that is a nit pick. The system six usually has either the 45mm or 60mm more expensive knot variant and if you go allout you get the more aero knot systembar. I am happy enough with the oval systembar and the knot stem still hides the brake hoses.

Like I said earlier I will likely change out the saddle and will add some vico carbon cages. Hopefully weather is good this week and hopefully get the spacers removed. Unfortunately no deactivated power meter is included like on the high mod frames. This is the standard frame with force axs. Red axs is not offered. Also the gearing is 48/35 on the front and 10-28 on the back though Cannondale advertise it as 10-33.

Also the gearing is 48/35 on the front and 10-28 on the back though Cannondale advertise it as 10-33.

That’s a very odd chainring combo? Almost CX ratios. Your easiest gear is higher than a standard compact 34/28 and yet the hardest is less than on a compact too (50/11)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Chamois cream! Starting to run low, couldnt be ridin' without it!!

That’s a very odd chainring combo? Almost CX ratios. Your easiest gear is higher than a standard compact 34/28 and yet the hardest is less than on a compact too (50/11)

Yep,

https://www.sram.com/en/life/stories/x-range-gearing
    See pic. A 52/36-11-28 equates to a 48/35 -0-28 according to SRAM.

My SS6evo came with a 10-28 instead of 10-33 as advertised. I wonder would it be worth asking LBS to swap it out. I don't really do gravel or have any huge hills where I live though. And on my topsone which I admit had a very small 30 ring, I hardly every used any of the big rear cogs.

The 10-28 and 10-33 all single step from 10 to 14.
    Then the 10-28 does 15-16-17-19-21-24-28
    The 10-33 does 15-17-19-21-23-25-28 so slightly bigger jumps

Yep,

https://www.sram.com/en/life/stories/x-range-gearing
    See pic. A 52/36-11-28 equates to a 48/35 -0-28 according to SRAM.

My SS6evo came with a 10-28 instead of 10-33 as advertised. I wonder would it be worth asking LBS to swap it out. I don't really do gravel or have any huge hills where I live though. And on my topsone which I admit had a very small 30 ring, I hardly every used any of the big rear cogs.

The 10-28 and 10-33 all single step from 10 to 14.
    Then the 10-28 does 15-16-17-19-21-24-28
    The 10-33 does 15-17-19-21-23-25-28 so slightly smaller jumps

10/33 cassette would at least give you a bail out gear however if you rarely use or need that high a gear then theres probably no need.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Macy0161

New TV for the pain cave... (well new TV for house, to free up an old one for the turbo).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

A pair of pawl springs for a sturmey archer gear drive. Little bastids. Hide and seek champions is what they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Macy0161 wrote: »
    New TV for the pain cave... (well new TV for house, to free up an old one for the turbo).

one of the most important items in a cave of pain is a good tv! I'm currently using mine to complete a challenge I've set myself - the star wars 500. Cycle 500 kms on the turbo to the Star Wars movies, including the sh1t ones. The odds of successfully completing it, are 3720/1. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,270 ✭✭✭✭ted1

A speed and cadence sensor. Also a 100 inch projector screen to watch while on the turbo trainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭cletus

ted1 wrote: »
    A speed and cadence sensor. Also a 100 inch projector screen to watch while on the turbo trainer.

Out of curiosity, do you have a link to the screen you got?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Turbo and "The phantom menace" sounds like a really tough challenge.

Make it so Lenny

• Registered Users Posts: 23,270 ✭✭✭✭ted1

cletus wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, do you have a link to the screen you got?

Here it is: Projector Screen 100 Inch, Portable Projection Screen with 16:9 HD Movie Screen,Foldable Screen for Projector for Home Cinema Outdoor https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07Z76MXFD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_J8ULEb7DQRTEM

Plan to use it outside, In the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Macy0161

lennymc wrote: »
    one of the most important items in a cave of pain is a good tv! I'm currently using mine to complete a challenge I've set myself - the star wars 500. Cycle 500 kms on the turbo to the Star Wars movies, including the sh1t ones. The odds of successfully completing it, are 3720/1. :)
    I've already two 19 inch in there - my previous set up was one running an android "TV" box with TrainerRoad, and then the other with a firetv stick running Eurosport Player/ Netflix/ Youtube/ Spotify (delete as appropriate to workout intensity).

However, they're just not cutting it for zwift. Unfortunately, I'm preparing for this to be a long lock down... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

A new BB and some funky socks. It's pretty vital to stay on point with my sock game during the lockdown

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭fat bloke

I look forward to the Prime Time RTE investigates deep dive into the extortionate prices of cycling socks.

It's gone on long enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

https://urbanandhawk.com/products/minimalx-bell

Got 3 of these. Daughter is starting to cycle to work from tomorrow as roads are so quiet. A bit of it on shared cycle lane so thought these would come in handy..One for my own runaround bike as well.

6kms each way so hopefully she will keep it up. She hasn't cycled since she was a teenager..

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Seaswimmer wrote: »
    https://urbanandhawk.com/products/minimalx-bell

Got 3 of these. Daughter is starting to cycle to work from tomorrow as roads are so quiet. A bit of it on shared cycle lane so thought these would come in handy..One for my own runaround bike as well.

6kms each way so hopefully she will keep it up. She hasn't cycled since she was a teenager..

Should come in handy for all the runners jumping off the pavements these days..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭cletus

ted1 wrote: »
    Here it is: Projector Screen 100 Inch, Portable Projection Screen with 16:9 HD Movie Screen,Foldable Screen for Projector for Home Cinema Outdoor https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07Z76MXFD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_J8ULEb7DQRTEM

Plan to use it outside, In the evening.

Thanks for that

There is now one on its way to me too.

Don't plan on using it in conjuction with the bike, though, so maybe it doesn't belong here...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Alanbt

This frameset, used obviously, after some forum browsing with too many beers on me
    http://www.donhoubicycles.com/sparkys-road-bike/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Just picked up my parcel from an post. 5l bottle of mucoff nano cleaner, not that the bike is getting dirty at the moment. At this rate that'll be a lifetime supply.

Advertisement