Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,218 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Giant TCR Advanced Pro 1 disc on the way to me right now (well to a bikeshop an hour away from me who gave me the best price)!

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

Rear hub, cone spanners and torque wrench bits from Bikecomponents.de. ordered on 02.05. Still no sign (they ended up shipping 3 items last week while waiting for the supply of hubs to arrive). Hub yet to ship.

Spoke with them on the phone. There's now a supply chain knock-on effect being felt. All the way from the manufacturer to end user.

Happy with the shop and also given the circumstances. Frustrating though (the part not shipped is the one really needed)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Giant TCR Advanced Pro 1 disc on the way to me right now (well to a bikeshop an hour away from me who gave me the best price)!

Well wear!!!

Is this the model with the power meter?

If so can review & compare with another meter if possible? DCR not at all keen on these and as i'm likely to purchase early next year i'd be keen to know about the power meter.

dahat wrote: »
    Well wear!!!

Is this the model with the power meter?

If so can review & compare with another meter if possible? DCR not at all keen on these and as i'm likely to purchase early next year i'd be keen to know about the power meter.
    Yes it is. I don't have another power meter though so don't really have something to compare it to for accuracy, but I will post back on how it is overall

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

rushfan wrote: »
    Santini Svolta jacket which I probably could have done with this morning, 1c at 6am according to the Garmin.

And having worn this jacket on my commute to work this evening, after being caught in an absolute deluge near Roganstown House, I can confirm that it is waterproof, so money well spent & I've only worn it 3 times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭joey100

Carrying on with the previous TCR, One of these,

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/ie/tcr-advanced-pro-disc-frameset

Bought an advanced SL TCR second hand before Christmas and love it. so much that I sold two bike (Canyon ultimate CF SL and parts of a specialized allez sprint) to fund this one. Hopefully Di2 and some nice wheels over the summer too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,936 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Cheap Headset press , Stem, Star nut installation tool, steerer saw guide think, new cassette, and possibly some socks, hollow tech adapter tool, and FD clamps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

I splurged and bought an Elite Suito trainer which Fastway said they delivered Friday and I signed for and still no sign of. Told to check neighbours, gardens, hedges etc.. Having none of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

A well needed set of Zonda 2 way from Planet X to replace my current Zondas that have clocked up 25,000km and are so worn........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Alanbt

crosstownk wrote: »
    A well needed set of Zonda 2 way from Planet X to replace my current Zondas that have clocked up 25,000km and are so worn........

Ordered mine on Saturday night and were delivered lunchtime today. Strangely efficient for Planet X

• Advertisement

joey100 wrote: »
    Carrying on with the previous TCR, One of these,

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/ie/tcr-advanced-pro-disc-frameset

Bought an advanced SL TCR second hand before Christmas and love it. so much that I sold two bike (Canyon ultimate CF SL and parts of a specialized allez sprint) to fund this one. Hopefully Di2 and some nice wheels over the summer too.
    It came down to TCR and Canyon Ultimate for me (and I owned and enjoyed the Canyon Ultimate in the past) so good to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Alanbt wrote: »
    Ordered mine on Saturday night and were delivered lunchtime today. Strangely efficient for Planet X

I placed my order on Friday night. Nothing yet.....

Flaccus wrote: »
    I splurged and bought an Elite Suito trainer which Fastway said they delivered Friday and I signed for and still no sign of. Told to check neighbours, gardens, hedges etc.. Having none of it.

Looks like Fastway are still claiming to have delivered my turbo trainer but at least the supplier has placed a new order for me while chasing these cretins down. 2 week wait for stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Fartway you mean.

Awful gob$hites.

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Fartway you mean.

Awful gob$hites.

Was asked to check the neigbours, local petrol station, hedges and gardens for my trainer. Insisting it was delivered and signed for but they can't prove a thing. Retailers problem now. Shame I will have to wait for 2 weeks for it to be delivered but not by these scumbags.

I've had a few bits delivered by them over the last few weeks and luckily I've been working home. What they have done on each occasion is knock **** out of the door and ring the bell and run out the gate leaving your stuff on the door step .

Funny to watch but not so much if you are not home and some one walks by and sees the stuff and walks off with it.

They won't have a legitimate signature because they are not waiting to get one in the current environment.

EDIT: and it think thats also down to how busy they are, I've had one item arrive at 9pm

I've had a few bits delivered by them over the last few weeks and luckily I've been working home. What they have done on each occasion is knock **** out of the door and ring the bell and run out the gate leaving your stuff on the door step .

Funny to watch but not so much if you are not home and some one walks by and sees the stuff and walks off with it.

They won't have a legitimate signature because they are not waiting to get one in the current environment.

They have never asked for a signature or at least in most cases and somewhere in their T&C's they say they can deliver without a signature. All pre-COVID. Post-COVID their policy is to leave at the doorstep if you have a COVID sign up saying someone in yer house is at risk (you can print it on their website). Also all the drivers are on contract and get paid per delivery.

The audacity of them to take the drivers side who claimed I signed for it at my door (pure lies) and then tell me to check if it's in a "secure" location (garden, hedge, back yard, neighbours). Sure if I had signed for it, I would have it. So either they are purely incompetent, have some kind of mental defect, or are just what I suspect, cheats and liars. Never again with these cretins.

In other news my SIDI Shots showed up today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Ivan1983

Last summer I spent more than €200 to renew all parts on my old Gary Fisher 26'' mtb

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Ordered some Schwalbe G-One Allround tyres from Merlin to replace the Marathon Supremes on my CX bike to enable a bit more Coilte trail riding. My usual off-road hack has been re-purposed to suit by eldest's boyfriend who's staying with us for the lock down and I've been missing my early morning spins through Masseys and the Hellfire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

The audacity of them to take the drivers side who claimed I signed for it at my door (pure lies) and then tell me to check if it's in a "secure" location (garden, hedge, back yard, neighbours). .

I have one of these at the front of the house. Great for tracking couriers and the postman and evidence when they say they've been and they haven't!:rolleyes:

Back on-topic, new wheelset for the commuter bike (through LBS) and new rotors (CRC) ordered this morning. I'd say I'm coming very close to being relieved of my credit card by the OH.........:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

Ivan1983 wrote: »
    Last summer I spent more than €200 to renew all parts on my old Gary Fisher 26'' mtb

What model is it? I had a Hoo Koo E Koo and I loved that bike. Always wish I had kept it. (sorry I know that is off-topic)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Oberkon

Alanbt wrote: »

Yes mine arrived yesterday . Great job too
    Set them up tubeless - having an issue seating one tyre . Not getting the pop . Had it with front tyre

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

smacl wrote: »
    Ordered some Schwalbe G-One Allround tyres from Merlin to replace the Marathon Supremes on my CX bike to enable a bit more Coilte trail riding. My usual off-road hack has been re-purposed to suit by eldest's boyfriend who's staying with us for the lock down and I've been missing my early morning spins through Masseys and the Hellfire.

I got one of these at the beginning of lockdown, he has so far broken the brakes on my BMX, although he is less annoying than my own child so I am not sure whether to be annoyed or not.

Anybody having issues with lead-time on items ordered from continental Europe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

where do people buy their cycling shirts?
    looking for a few new items

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

They have never asked for a signature or at least in most cases and somewhere in their T&C's they say they can deliver without a signature. All pre-COVID. Post-COVID their policy is to leave at the doorstep if you have a COVID sign up saying someone in yer house is at risk (you can print it on their website). Also all the drivers are on contract and get paid per delivery.

The audacity of them to take the drivers side who claimed I signed for it at my door (pure lies) and then tell me to check if it's in a "secure" location (garden, hedge, back yard, neighbours). Sure if I had signed for it, I would have it. So either they are purely incompetent, have some kind of mental defect, or are just what I suspect, cheats and liars. Never again with these cretins.

In other news my SIDI Shots showed up today.
    The courier's Ts & Cs don't matter. What you need to concern yourself with is the seller. You paid for the goods. You didn't pay for a *chance* to receive goods. If they use a crappy courier then they have to take the hit when stuff gets lost. Refund or replacement are their only options if they can't track it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

no.8 wrote: »
    Anybody having issues with leadyime on items ordered from continental Europe?

I ordered parts from Rose in Germany on 24/04 and they arrived today!
    I have another order that has been dispatched from them but not here yet ( later order date though)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I ordered parts from Rose in Germany on 24/04 and they arrived today!
    I have another order that has been dispatched from them but not here yet ( later order date though)

Same here sort of, waiting on parts to be dispatched, should have been posted last week, ordered 3 weeks ago, when I log on it just says waiting on stock but all the items appear to be in stock? Hopefully sorted soon

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

A set of Pave ULTRA Road2 wheels from superstar components.

Half price at £150 with ROADY50 discount code during lockdown.

https://www.superstarcomponents.com/en/pave-ultra-road2-wheelset-uk-made-hubs.htm

• Advertisement

I ordered parts from Rose in Germany on 24/04 and they arrived today! I have another order that has been dispatched from them but not here yet ( later order date though)

Thanks. Happy to know that im not alone.

I'd be happy with a simple update. Regretting making the order now. They are a reputable outfit but hamstrung by supply lines asked very busy on top of it.

Starting to see some alternatives now with phase 1 of the lifting in place.

Advertisement