Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Why is there so many people hanging around swans on the green and SuperValu ?

They've been hanging around there for a long time. I buy a fair bit in Swans so said I'd go down at an odd time on a weekday last week.

Guess what, out in their droves on that green, as if they were on holidays.

Sitting just across from the sign thanking the healthcare workers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Mancomb Seepgood

Big crowds of people hanging around on the Blessington Road just now and up by Ballycane Church and Centra. I haven't seen this happen on previous days but I had to step onto the roads at a number of points.Not groups of kids either,people who are old enough to know better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Why is there so many people hanging around swans on the green and SuperValu ?

There’s a funeral passing for a young girl who died Recently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Mancomb Seepgood

scwazrh wrote: »

Gotcha,realised just after posting that it was probably for a funeral.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,131 ✭✭✭pad199207

scwazrh wrote: »

It’s very very sad. Great to see the turn out for the family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

anybody get bitten over the weekend?

I got bit a few times, on my arm & leg and the swelling is similar to when I get bitten when I'm on holidays

Fairly swollen and sore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    anybody get bitten over the weekend?

I got bit a few times, on my arm & leg and the swelling is similar to when I get bitten when I'm on holidays

Fairly swollen and sore

Was it the zombies? Coronavirus must be mutating, the end is nigh.

Cut off their head at the neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Haven’t been to tesco extra in a long time, are they doing any garden equipment at the moment?

Need a new connection for the end of garden hose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Haven’t been to tesco extra in a long time, are they doing any garden equipment at the moment?

Need a new connection for the end of garden hose

What type of connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

What type of connection?

Female connector for End of garden hose that would receive a standard sprayer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

Am looking for weed killer if anybody knows where is selling. I have tried big Tesco, Choice and Dealz no luck on woodies website either. Thanks in advance

rosiem wrote: »
    Am looking for weed killer if anybody knows where is selling. I have tried big Tesco, Choice and Dealz no luck on woodies website either. Thanks in advance

Try Ted Johnsons
    They deliver at the moment

I ordered from Amazon using parcel motel.

512077.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Quinn’s on the Ballymore road

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

I have a sneaking suspicion I seen some just inside the main door of super valu in sallins.

He has plants outside and he generally has weird stuff like that to go along with it.

I have a sneaking suspicion I seen some just inside the main door of super valu in sallins.

He has plants outside and he generally has weird stuff like that to go along with it.

Yes. Just back from SuperValu on the Naas mainstreet and they have Resolve weed killer just inside the door

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,066 ✭✭✭✭beertons

If you ring Brennan's, they'll do you up a docket, and bring it out to the gate to you. I had to get a flexi pipe for a toilet earlier, gave her man my card, and he just went inside and tapped it for payment. Might not suit everyone. Johnson's took my card details over the phone, for another few bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 bullethead

What's people's opinion on the 1 way system being tried along the canal, they want you to walk on road heading towards Sallins and on canal path heading back towards the town.
    Big problem I have with it is that if you are a quicker walker, runner or cyclist you can't keep social distancing on the canal path, and if you are moving at a quicker pace you are approaching people from behind so a quicker runner will catch people off guard and in close proximity.
    If people stay opposite side of the road you can keep social distancing but this is pushing people into a tighter area on the path.

bullethead wrote: »
    What's people's opinion on the 1 way system being tried along the canal, they want you to walk on road heading towards Sallins and on canal path heading back towards the town.
    Big problem I have with it is that if you are a quicker walker, runner or cyclist you can't keep social distancing on the canal path, and if you are moving at a quicker pace you are approaching people from behind so a quicker runner will catch people off guard and in close proximity.
    If people stay opposite side of the road you can keep social distancing but this is pushing people into a tighter area on the path.

imo the road has enough space to keep a reasonable distance if people walked on the right hand side of the road

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

bullethead wrote: »

I think given that we're in a global pandemic that the self important dickhead runners could give it a rest, stay off the popular walkways - run millennium park or something

I think given that we're in a global pandemic that the self important dickhead runners could give it a rest, stay off the popular walkways - run millennium park or something

Jeepers, thanks for that... I was walking by the way but I just have respect for everyone's space, runners included.
    It's a popular jogging spot too, each to their own

imo the road has enough space to keep a reasonable distance if people walked on the right hand side of the road

Absolutely, just found it a bit awkward passing out families on the narrow path while on my walk back to town , I will stick to the road side in future

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

They should close the road and put bollards up at the lock and just at the turn down at the town end bridge. This will allow cars across the bridge for residents on the far side and houses on the nearside can use mill lane for access. For the time of the Pandemic the whole area should be car free, not allowing through traffic, to allow people space.

They had one of the roads car free last weekend, from Acorn creche, to Tandys bridge. It was lovely.

It would be great to have that area pedestrian only , would be a lovely place for the farmers market.

Canal is so clear at the moment, the amount of roach in there over the weekend is fantastic to see

Canal is so clear at the moment, the amount of roach in there over the weekend is fantastic to see

Of what?

beertons wrote: »
    Of what?

Roach - fish

• Advertisement

Roach - fish

Spot the guy who doesn't fish.

Advertisement