Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

anyone know where i could get some homemade cakes or buns in north Naas. i'm sick of the mass produced ones in shops.

Swans seem to have a good selection of cake stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Roosterreid

Hi all..... does anyone have any vintage / antique Naas postcards that they might sell - looking them for my personal collection. PM if so.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

BuzzFish wrote: »
    Could try the sodabread shop if they're back open? I think they cater also so you may be able to order and collect.

thanks BuzzFish, they are nice but not the style i like. Appreciate the suggestion and the input.

Swans seem to have a good selection of cake stuff

thanks, ill give them a go. usually a long queue so must be worth it.

eusap wrote: »
    If you know anybody doing an essential journey near Kilcullen can highly recommend Armelle Kitchen in Kilcullen for proper cake, Naas lack a proper bakery/cafe. Newbridge has Bradburys etc...

tks for both suggestions. there is a waste disposal near kilcullen so ill use that as an excuse. And Bradburys for later in the year. tks a million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

anyone know where i could get some homemade cakes or buns in north Naas. i'm sick of the mass produced ones in shops.

The bakery in the big Tesco shopping center https://thenaturalbakery.ie/

rosiem wrote: »
    The bakery in the big Tesco shopping center https://thenaturalbakery.ie/

hahahha, good joke. i needed a laugh in this pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

Sorry is there a point to that post I was suggesting a shop as requested. If you have a reason to not agree say why instead of a juvenile comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

rosiem wrote: »
    Sorry is there a point to that post I was suggesting a shop as requested. If you have a reason to not agree say why instead of a juvenile comment.

I think the poster thought you were suggesting the bakery in Tesco as opposed to The Natural Bakery shop itself.

SARCASM ALERT!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭mojesius

Hi all! Just moved to outskirts of Naas as of today. Does anyone have recommendations for good takeaway/restaurants doing takeaway?

We like all types of food. Seems to be a lot of choice in Naas so not sure where to start :D thanks

mojesius wrote: »
    Hi all! Just moved to outskirts of Naas as of today. Does anyone have recommendations for good takeaway/restaurants doing takeaway?

We like all types of food. Seems to be a lot of choice in Naas so not sure where to start :D thanks

Congratulations on the new move and hope you get on well in Naas.

There is a thread in the Kildare section of restaurants doing takeaways which includes Naas. Not sure when it was last updated.

Rustic for Italian is good, and is doing taekaway.
    Lemongrass for Thai is quality, as is indie spice for Indian.

Just eat app is yer only man also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭jasonb

Welcome to Naas!

Apart from the aforementioned ones, I'd also recommend Maharajah for Indian and Victoria Garden (a bit more expensive) in Johnstown for Chinese...

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

Lock 13 and Thai Station in Sallins top class too. Highly recommend both ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Heard Plur Pizza...collection or delivery are great

• Registered Users Posts: 17,731 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Fate chinese still have the best sweet and sour chicken by a distance and dynasty kitchen probably best spice bag, both are open. McDonald's just reopens today!!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

Swapna is the best Indian and Fate the best Chinese. Camile and lemongrass are great for thai food. Capri is the best chipper.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Peony for chinese takeaway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Mancomb Seepgood

Swapna for Indian.Lemongrass is also excellent though takeaway portion sizes aren't huge.

Lawlor Hotel are doing meals for collection at the weekend:€50 for three courses for two people including a bottle of wine.Good value and the food was excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

This is my Go to - Current Takeaways

Pizza - Giulios

Fish & Chips - Leo Burdock's

Burger and Chips - Gastro 101 grill

Italian - Rustic

Thai - Camile

Indian - Swapna

Chinese - Naas Inn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Anyone hear when Halfords might reopen?

Does anyone know what the estate across from the Garda station is like - Sla Na Riogh. Have a colleague who is looking to rent there? I don't really know a lot about that end of town. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

matchthis wrote: »
    Anyone hear when Halfords might reopen?

Sorry for only replying now OP, but are Halfords not already open? The branch in Liffey Valley was open last Thursday, so would imagine Naas would also be open.

Sorry I can't be definitive about this though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Sorry for only replying now OP, but are Halfords not already open? The branch in Liffey Valley was open last Thursday, so would imagine Naas would also be open.

Sorry I can't be definitive about this though.

Was closed last weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Bogwoppit wrote: »
    Was closed last weekend

OK thanks. Obviously they are not all open so.

Sorry OP, my info isn't much use so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭jasonb

Their website suggests their shops aren't open to browse, but are open to collect online orders. But I couldn't find anything on the website specific to the Naas Halfords.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Thanks for the replies. Stores in Dublin are open, but can only collect items from a desk at the front door. The Halfords site store locator lists outside Dublin as closed. One of the guys from work was able to collect items from the branch in Tallaght for me. Miss my strolls around B&Q and Halfords

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,066 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Does anyone know what the estate across from the Garda station is like - Sla Na Riogh. Have a colleague who is looking to rent there? I don't really know a lot about that end of town. Thanks.

Should technically be the safest place in Naas with the station across the road. Never heard of any trouble in it, and I'm 40 years here. God, that makes me sound old. The estate behind it is well established too, would have older residents. There's another lad here from there, and he says it's so quiet at times, you can hear a mouse fart.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

beertons wrote: »
    Should technically be the safest place in Naas with the station across the road. Never heard of any trouble in it, and I'm 40 years here. God, that makes me sound old. The estate behind it is well established too, would have older residents. There's another lad here from there, and he says it's so quiet at times, you can hear a mouse fart.

sounds like an anomoly for Naas, defnitely be quieter than where I am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

beertons wrote: »

I rented an apartment in there a good few years ago and my parents live in Rathasker Heights. Really quiet spot.

Apartment we had was really spacious, obviously being apartments you can't legislate for your neighbours !

Advertisement