Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Naas Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭cunnijo

Folks. The times for the feeder bus from Naas to Sallins are incorrect on Irish Rail's timetable. On the to Dublin timetable it shows the bus leaving Poplar Square 20 minutes ahead of the train departure time. These times are from the post office and have always been. Irish Rail cocked it up before sending to printers.

So as examples the bus leaves post office at 6.29 for the 6.50 service to Heuston and 6.55 for the 7.08 (GCD) & 7.13 (Heuston).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Folks, looking for someone to build a timber/plasterboard partition wall. Any recommendations?

Throwing this out again if anyone has any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

My wife's mother is currently in naas hospital for the last few days.
    Today the nurses were going around telling visitors that the hospital would not be allowing visitors on the premises anymore as a precaution due to the coronavirus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

My wife's mother is currently in naas hospital for the last few days.
    Today the nurses were going around telling visitors that the hospital would not be allowing visitors on the premises anymore as a precaution due to the coronavirus.

Yes; and applies to other hospitals also

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Anybody have any issues with thorntons not collecting compost bin today? First time they didn't collect for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Mancomb Seepgood

just on the transport and people talking about the feeder bus. the timetable is on irish rail website. if you look at the pdf for sallins station to dublin timetables it shows the feeder. i wouldnt trust it to go to the station. but its very handy when you get off a train and its just waiting there to bring you into central naas. the guys driving it are always very pleasant and it will drop you exactly where you want to if its on the route.

One shouldn't have to go looking in the small print of pdf timetables (which don't in any case tell you the route of the bus). Also, it's a two way thing,it isn't going to be a whole lot of use coming home in the evening if I can't rely on getting there in the morning. What exactly would the problem be with having designated stops and more information about the service? Those in the know are no doubt happy to have it to themselves.

I find the train service itself perfectly decent, but the parking situation at the station is appalling and a better feeder service would greatly help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Was getting the bus from Dublin to naas the other night. I have two transport for Ireland apps on my phone, both list different buses. In the end a third magical jj kavanagh bus showed up which wasn’t listed on either app or the real time display.

It’s hard to believe this is only down to incompetence, someone somewhere is actively sabotaging naas public transport.

504917.png

504918.png

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 461 ✭✭TetraSonic55

Valhallapt wrote: »
    Was getting the bus from Dublin to naas the other night. I have two transport for Ireland apps on my phone, both list different buses. In the end a third magical jj kavanagh bus showed up which wasn’t listed on either app or the real time display.

It’s hard to believe this is only down to incompetence, someone somewhere is actively sabotaging naas public transport.

504917.png

504918.png

The 737 is JJ Kavangh

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,053 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Saw on kfm Twitter there that the Covid 19 fatality in the East was an elderly woman in Naas General Hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

beertons wrote: »
    Saw on kfm Twitter there that the Covid 19 fatality in the East was an elderly woman in Naas General Hospital.

Seen that today although I didn’t know if she’s was from Naas or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,853 ✭✭✭✭anewme

RIP.

Seen that today although I didn’t know if she’s was from Naas or not.

Not verified, but I was told she was from Sallins

Not verified, but I was told she was from Sallins

May she rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭you2008

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Absolutely insane. Wonder how many people caught covid-19 in tesco yesterday :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 345 ✭✭Tea Shock

jaffa20 wrote: »

Absolutely insane. Wonder how many people caught covid-19 in tesco yesterday :rolleyes:

I'd be very confident in predicting that nobody did

And I'd also be confident that people thinking it's OK to takes videos like this of people without permission, even if it's not technically illegal, is gonna get a right smack for themselves soon enough!

Tea Shock wrote: »
    I'd be very confident in predicting that nobody did

And I'd also be confident that people thinking it's OK to takes videos like this of people without permission, even if it's not technically illegal, is gonna get a right smack for themselves soon enough!

I dont see an issue with it..

It just shows if you are asked to do one thing many people do the complete opposite.

Government: Stay Calm
    Irish people: Panic

Government: Social Distance
    Irish People: Gather into a crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

biggest problem for supermarkets yesterday was lack of staff. They had their normal thursday roster, but the was christmas eve like shopping. Considering they had no notice that people would start behaving irrationally, there was nothing they could do.

No major queues today I suspect as additional checkout staff probably added

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭you2008

Still so many yong pp dont work during the day ? thougt the rate was the lowst in the decade

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 345 ✭✭Tea Shock

I dont see an issue with it..

It just shows if you are asked to do one thing many people do the complete opposite.

Government: Stay Calm
    Irish people: Panic

Government: Social Distance
    Irish People: Gather into a crowd

It isn't any different in the United States

I didn't need an intrusive social media video to know that either!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Telling people to don't panic is the same as telling people to calm down. It has the opposite effect.

You're always going to have idiots thinking the world is ending and that they need 60 toilet rolls and 7 loaves of bread.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tea Shock wrote: »
    It isn't any different in the United States

I didn't need an intrusive social media video to know that either!

People simply highlighting it.

I don’t see the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

silver2020 wrote: »
    biggest problem for supermarkets yesterday was lack of staff. They had their normal thursday roster, but the was christmas eve like shopping. Considering they had no notice that people would start behaving irrationally, there was nothing they could do.

No major queues today I suspect as additional checkout staff probably added

Sunday morning in Aldi will be a breeze while the rest recovers from the weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Some people need to be told it is a virus not a famine.

I walked down through the town today, keeping my distance. I’d like to keep supporting local business. If PS coffee or Bear Market we’re open I would have bought a coffee to go. I’d be great if they had a hatch to serve out of. I noted that insomnia was open, but decided to boycott them as it’s unfair for small independents to be responsible and the chains to be feckless.

Just wondering if there is any site to know what local business are doing to survive and how I can buy from them.

I know the Kildare brewing company are doing deliveries of their craft brew and I plan to order some of that soon.

I walked down through the town today, keeping my distance. I’d like to keep supporting local business. If PS coffee or Bear Market we’re open I would have bought a coffee to go. I’d be great if they had a hatch to serve out of. I noted that insomnia was open, but decided to boycott them as it’s unfair for small independents to be responsible and the chains to be feckless.

Just wondering if there is any site to know what local business are doing to survive and how I can buy from them.

I know the Kildare brewing company are doing deliveries of their craft brew and I plan to order some of that soon.

Mail the restaurants to see if you can buy vouchers from them. They get money now and you can use the voucher later.

Mail the restaurants to see if you can buy vouchers from them. They get money now and you can use the voucher later.

Would you risk your hard earned on restaurant vouchers right now?
    I certainly wouldn't.

Would you risk your hard earned on restaurant vouchers right now?
    I certainly wouldn't.

You're missing the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

it shocks me that somepeople like yourself are away with the fairies.

i dont think buying in beer is going to help anyone. why dont you donate what you were going to spend on beer to naas hospital. it sound like they are going to need it.

• Advertisement

You're missing the point.

Im not .
    I'm saying is buying vouchers for closed restaurants is extremely silly.
    You won't get any thanks .

Advertisement