Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-19 Kerry

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    @Rows Grower this is the map that was posted a couple of weeks ago for Kerry. I haven't seen an updated one since.

Cheers Ciarrai76, I can actually see the dot and it's grey now.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Cheers Ciarrai76, I can actually see the dot and it's grey now.

The grey ones were older cases apparently. I'm not sure why a new map hasn't been circulated since then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

7 cases in UHK and 2 suspected as of yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Really small numbers when you consider it in realtion to other hospitals. I think I heard in the last week that Limerick Regional had 40 something cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Up somewhat compared to last week:

https://twitter.com/kerryman_ie/status/1256339358765875203

• Advertisement

Thankfully, three seems to be the recent peak, with only one case recorded today:

http://geohive.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/a192b58ba6904c1494f651706c223520

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭amdaley28

There was a further case in the Skellig Star Hotel in Caherciveen this week.
    It seems the residents are still sharing rooms with strangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Irish Times article today makes no mention of how the asylum seekers ended up in Caherviceen just as the country was going into lockdown.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/asylum-seekers-appeal-for-safe-housing-after-covid-19-outbreak-at-co-kerry-centre-1.4246829?mode=amp

Typical of the so called Paper of Record.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

amdaley28 wrote: »
    There was a further case in the Skellig Star Hotel in Caherciveen this week.
    It seems the residents are still sharing rooms with strangers.

Who are the owners

Why has Brendan Griffin been so quite about this ???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭wonga77

newman10 wrote: »
    Who are the owners

Why has Brendan Griffin been so quite about this ???

He was the only one of the td's that didn't oppose it, its strange that he's avoided it

• Advertisement

Reports in RedFm today that Tony Holohan is not happy with the levels. . that he's unhappy with the infection rates in young people ..and we aren't at the levels to reopen on the 18th

Interesting to see the general weekly overview in Kerry's Eye today:

21-28 April: 20 cases
    28 April-5th May: 13 cases

So, probably more useful to switch to weekly updates unless there's either a zero case day, or indeed a day where there are 4 or more cases, given 3 seems to have been the height of the last week.

And an even broader overview, beginning mid-March:

https://twitter.com/IrishDataViz/status/1258148296901767169

So, naturally, today is a zero case day.

When do we expect the numbers from The bank holiday weekend to start showing up?

Seems to be a 3-4 day average turnaround time now.

It's time now that Brendan the acting Minister of State for tourism got up off his arse and started to answer questions and acknowledge he has a job to do with regard to this debacle..

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/problems-mount-at-caherciveen-direct-provision-centre-998331.html

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

This might be slightly off topic and may not be relevant to Caherciveen but over the last few weeks I've heard several references of people in direct provision centres working in care homes (and elsewhere). I was under the impression that one of the biggest issues with the direct provision system was that anyone in it was not allowed to work and was totally reliant on the €20 or so "spending money" they get a week.
    So what is the situation with work? If a person is earning a reasonable wage are they supposed to stay in the system until their request to stay in Ireland is processed?

Seems to be a 3-4 day average turnaround time now.

So it's going to be next weekend before we see any results from the bank holiday weekend...
    Walked thru town yesterday, and I'm sorry...the absolute stupidity from cafes and people is just mind boggling.
    1 cafe had a table with 2 chairs outside..and 5 people and a baby all around the table....

Large street protests in Caherciveen this morning, understandably there's an awful lot of anger there.

Residents hanging out the upper windows with signs in support of the marchers, one resident with a sign saying 26+ positive cases, please move us out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

So it's going to be next weekend before we see any results from the bank holiday weekend...
    Walked thru town yesterday, and I'm sorry...the absolute stupidity from cafes and people is just mind boggling.
    1 cafe had a table with 2 chairs outside..and 5 people and a baby all around the table....

I don't think they are allowed even put out tables & chairs!? If they open it has to be strictly take away only. The ugly mug have makers on the path outside for social distancing and only allowing one person in at a time to order. I would say whoever has that table out won't be allowed do it for much longer. Its only encouraging people to hang around.

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I don't think they are allowed even put out tables & chairs!? If they open it has to be strictly take away only. The ugly mug have makers on the path outside for social distancing and only allowing one person in at a time to order. I would say whoever has that table out won't be allowed do it for much longer. Its only encouraging people to hang around.

Yeah, saw that myself... think it's up to the gardai to crack down on.this rubbish.
    Also reports of a certain Cafe with a supposed coffee hatch having sit down customers Wednesday as they are slightly off the beaten path.

Yeah, saw that myself... think it's up to the gardai to crack down on.this rubbish.
    Also reports of a certain Cafe with a supposed coffee hatch having sit down customers Wednesday as they are slightly off the beaten path.

I know who you are talking about. If places are going to open, they need to do it safely and within the guidelines. they can't just do as they please and expect everything to be ok. No restaurant has been told they can reopen to seating customers yet!

It's time now that Brendan the acting Minister of State for tourism got up off his arse and started to answer questions and acknowledge he has a job to do with regard to this debacle..

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/problems-mount-at-caherciveen-direct-provision-centre-998331.html

He's gone to ground, almost as if he has been told to stay out of sight. He used to show up for a photo is 2 dogs we pi**ing against a wall

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

newman10 wrote: »
    He's gone to ground, almost as if he has been told to stay out of sight. He used to show up for a photo is 2 dogs we pi**ing against a wall

There'll be a new government in a few weeks with a lot less ministerial positions for FG hopefuls. So he's keeping his head down in the meantime and avoiding rocking the boat.

Quackster wrote: »
    There'll be a new government in a few weeks with a lot less ministerial positions for FG hopefuls. So he's keeping his head down in the meantime and avoiding rocking the boat.

Many's a slip twixt cup and lip.

There could well be another general election and if there is he will feel the wrath of the people then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Many's a slip twixt cup and lip.

There could well be another general election and if there is he will feel the wrath of the people then.

Why are Kenmare/ South Kerry posters having a go at BG.???

Why don’t they get the Healy Rae’s on the case.... haven’t seen any statements from them on this..??? They the voice of Kenmare - ask them to sort it out.

BG got plenty of support in Mid, West and North Kerry. He has plenty of support and he will keep his seat in any reelection in my opinion and doesn’t need South Kerry to get him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭amdaley28

Large street protests in Caherciveen this morning, understandably there's an awful lot of anger there.

Residents hanging out the upper windows with signs in support of the marchers, one resident with a sign saying 26+ positive cases, please move us out.

There's a fair bit of anger down here alright & its not all against the asylum seekers.

Masala wrote: »

What don’t he get the Healy Rae’s on the case.... haven’t seen any statements from them on this..??? They the voice of Kenmare - ask them to sort it out.

BG got plenty of support in Mid, West and North Kerry. He has plenty of support and he will keep his seat in any reelection in my opinion and doesn’t need South Kerry to get him in.

Healy-Raes are about as useful as tits on a bull. Ok for a bit of tarmac or putting in a word but not a lot else.
    You have the North Kerry / South Kerry thing down here. The truth is its like two different counties. Political reps from North Kerry don't give a toss about South Kerry & South Kerry hasn't had a decent TD since God was a boy.

Masala wrote: »

Why don’t they get the Healy Rae’s on the case.... haven’t seen any statements from them on this..??? They the voice of Kenmare - ask them to sort it out.

I'm not South Kerry, pretty near him to be precise, I don't normally voice political opinions but at a time when people (his constituents) are looking for answers, he is found wanting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hanamandiol

amdaley28 wrote: »
    There's a fair bit of anger down here alright & its not all against the asylum seekers.

Healy-Raes are about as useful as tits on a bull. Ok for a bit of tarmac or putting in a word but not a lot else.
    You have the North Kerry / South Kerry thing down here. The truth is its like two different counties. Political reps from North Kerry don't give a toss about South Kerry & South Kerry hasn't had a decent TD since God was a boy.

guess thats why they receive so many votes at general election time
    plus three county councillors as well
    all those voters are stupid
    just saying

Advertisement