Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-19 Kerry

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

amdaley28 wrote: »
    It was also in France in December so it was probably elsewhere in Europe at that time as well.

Yeah, judging by the size of the outbreaks in some other countries like Italy, Spain and Belgium too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Third consecutive day without a case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

There are apparently very few cases over in the hospital so we may just have beaten this yoke locally but of course once travel picks up that could reverse. There is a really good argument to put a cordon on the M50 for travel out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Steer55

we are really looking forward to is the drive over Ballaghbeama

A different world altogether.

The most awesome divine drive ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

The bank holiday numbers should start showing on Wednesday...this will be the real test..
    I'd the numbers stay down were on the road to recovery, no doubt at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Steer55

The bank holiday numbers should start showing on Wednesday...this will be the real test..
    I'd the numbers stay down were on the road to recovery, no doubt at all

What bank holiday?

kn wrote: »
    There are apparently very few cases over in the hospital so we may just have beaten this yoke locally but of course once travel picks up that could reverse. There is a really good argument to put a cordon on the M50 for travel out.

Currently four confirmed, and no suspect cases. One still in ICU, presumably Gene Tangney who seems to have been in a poor way the last few weeks, though thankfully a bit better now.

Steer55 wrote: »
    What bank holiday?

Last weekend...it coincided with an increase in footfall in town

Still, if they were all keeping their distance, can't see it having much more effect than the average walking area?

• Advertisement

Still, if they were all keeping their distance, can't see it having much more effect than the average walking area?

They weren't, if you red thru the weeks posts

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

107 new cases country wide . I would expect to see 0 for Kerry again .

Two cases today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭phormium

There is a really good argument to put a cordon on the M50 for travel out.

I said that on another forum couple of weeks ago and lets just say I am no longer a member there, it's not a popular opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Was on the "Skinny mile" last evening & saw a group of about 10 young lads gathered where Connolly park joins the "Skinny Mile". Social distancing had been forgotten.:(

T.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

TigerTim wrote: »
    Was on the "Skinny mile" last evening & saw a group of about 10 young lads gathered where Connolly park joins the "Skinny Mile". Social distancing had been forgotten.:(

T.

Teenagers will be teenagers. Male brains are not fully-developed until we're in our mid 20s and it's a known fact that immature males cannot properly process risk. Just look at the road collision stats.

The longer this drags on, the more complacency/apathy/boredom/frustration will influence people's behaviours and the less effective these measures become. That is absolutely inevitable.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Teens are fed up, they don't want to sit in anymore, they need social interaction. I can't imagine how I would have stayed away from my friends at that age, I would have cracked up! It would be nice if they could see each other and practice social distancing, but they don't really see things the same way we all do.

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Teens are fed up, they don't want to sit in anymore, they need social interaction. I can't imagine how I would have stayed away from my friends at that age, I would have cracked up! It would be nice if they could see each other and practice social distancing, but they don't really see things the same way we all do.

But in saying that in our teenage years we didn't have smartphones with all the apps under the sun as well as zoom etc. There is really just not the same level of excuse.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

But in saying that in our teenage years we didn't have smartphones with all the apps under the sun as well as zoom etc. There is really just not the same level of excuse.

That’s true!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,693 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

TigerTim wrote: »

T.

Check the Tralee thread.

There is a poster on that thread that rings the Gardaí to alert them to breaches of Social Distancing (depending on who the "perpetrator" is of course:rolleyes:).

• Advertisement

10 deaths...159 new cases... increase of over 50 new cases on yesterday.

10 deaths...159 new cases... increase of over 50 new cases on yesterday.

Any one day's numbers are not significant as there are still testing delays. They are still sending samples to Germany so when a batch of those come back it probably leads to a daily spike. Looking at it weekly would probably provide a better picture.

Any one day's numbers are not significant as there are still testing delays. They are still sending samples to Germany so when a batch of those come back it probably leads to a daily spike. Looking at it weekly would probably provide a better picture.

Indeed - for Kerry, the weekly trend has gone from 20>13>4. Back to zero cases today.

Taking the national recovery figure of 84%, applying that to Kerry, and adding our four known deaths, suggests that there are currently 45 active cases in the county.

That's actually my point....the results for the bank holiday weekend will start hitting now....and if we see national increases again tomorrow..and the day after.. we'll know why

Although when you manually go through each county's updated dashboard tally, seems there were only 55 new cases today:

https://twitter.com/higginsdavidw/status/1260634391304437761

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭amdaley28

Big debate in the Dail a while ago concerning the Scellig Star Hotel in Caherciveen & the Direct Provision system in general.
    Catherine Murphy, Brid Smith, both Healy-Raes & Mick Barry laid into Minister for Justice Flanagan & Minister of State David Stanton about what happened in Caherciveen.

It appears that a member of the public came back from Bergamo in Italy & tested positive for Covid 19. He & his friends were staying in the Travelodge in Swords along with about 70 Asylum seekers.
    The Irish citizen & his party were tested & put into self isolation but the Asylum seekers staying in the same Travelodge were not tested or put into isolation.

Some of these Asylum seekers were among the group from the Travelodge in Swords & two other Dublin centres sent to The Scellig Star in Caherciveen.
    Minister Flanagan said that the Scellig Star was suitable for 150 guests even though it has only 56 bedrooms. He denied that the Dept of Justice knew of the Covid 19 cases in Swords or that they were advised by the HSE that there were cases in Swords. Both he & Minister of State David Stanton provided answers that were far from satisfactory & when asked a direct question Stanton ducked the question & went on to describe how the Direct Provision System works.
    Its clear that this government has passed the care of those in the Direct Provision System to private companies who have no experience or medical expertise in these matters.

I must give credit TD's Murphy, Smith, Barry & both Healy-Raes for finally asking the questions that should have been asked long ago even though the answers were far from that required.

The residents in the Scellig Star are free to go as they please. The Exit doors are marked as not for exit & when the residents attempt to leave they are told that action may be taken against them. The residents think that this means they will be deported.

Both Healy-Raes didn't hold back in what they said & I have to give them credit for that.
    At long last TD's from Kerry finally woke up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,831 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

amdaley28 wrote: »
    Big debate in the Dail a while ago concerning the Scellig Star Hotel in Caherciveen & the Direct Provision system in general.
    Catherine Murphy, Brid Smith, both Healy-Raes & Mick Barry laid into Minister for Justice Flanagan & Minister of State David Stanton about what happened in Caherciveen.

It appears that a member of the public came back from Bergamo in Italy & tested positive for Covid 19. He & his friends were staying in the Travelodge in Swords along with about 70 Asylum seekers.
    The Irish citizen & his party were tested & put into self isolation but the Asylum seekers staying in the same Travelodge were not tested or put into isolation.

Some of these Asylum seekers were among the group from the Travelodge in Swords & two other Dublin centres sent to The Scellig Star in Caherciveen.
    Minister Flanagan said that the Scellig Star was suitable for 150 guests even though it has only 56 bedrooms. He denied that the Dept of Justice knew of the Covid 19 cases in Swords or that they were advised by the HSE that there were cases in Swords. Both he & Minister of State David Stanton provided answers that were far from satisfactory & when asked a direct question Stanton ducked the question & went on to describe how the Direct Provision System works.
    Its clear that this government has passed the care of those in the Direct Provision System to private companies who have no experience or medical expertise in these matters.

I must give credit TD's Murphy, Smith, Barry & both Healy-Raes for finally asking the questions that should have been asked long ago even though the answers were far from that required.

The residents in the Scellig Star are free to go as they please. The Exit doors are marked as not for exit & when the residents attempt to leave they are told that action may be taken against them. The residents think that this means they will be deported.

Both Healy-Raes didn't hold back in what they said & I have to give them credit for that.
    At long last TD's from Kerry finally woke up.

Was Mr. Brendan Griffin our Minister of State present?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭amdaley28

Was Mr. Brendan Griffin our Minister of State present?

Didn't see him & if he was there he kept his mouth shut as usual ;)
    There wasn't to many there as per social distancing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement