Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-19 Kerry

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭amdaley28

wonga77 wrote: »
    Whatever about the original decision which was reckless, they could save face and try to be transparent about the current cases. The locals have a right to know. The speculation and the chit chat on facebook is only making things worse

Have you ever seem a Government Dept that was transparent :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Radio5

They played a clip on Kerry Today this morning of a journalist from Joe.ie website, asking a question about the Cahirsiveen situation at the daily evening press conference at Dept of Health. The doctor, Dr. Colm Henry, replied to the effect that he hadn't heard about 'that situation' and would talk to the journalist further 'off line ' as he put it, i.e. not in the course of the Q & A.

Nothing transparent there either.

Radio5 wrote: »
    They played a clip on Kerry Today this morning of a journalist from Joe.ie website, asking a question about the Cahirsiveen situation at the daily evening press conference at Dept of Health. The doctor, Dr. Colm Henry, replied to the effect that he hadn't heard about 'that situation' and would talk to the journalist further 'off line ' as he put it, i.e. not in the course of the Q & A.

Nothing transparent there either.

If the doctor didn't know anything about it then he must be the only one :rolleyes:
    Lets hope that journalist put the answers up online, that's if they don't try to quieten him that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Ah c'mere, I just watched the RTE News.

How can the Department of Justice be insistent that all HSE guidelines are being followed in that hotel?

This is gone beyond the beyonds of taking the people for fools in all fairness.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

4 cases today.

• Advertisement

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

And back to no cases today - still appears as if none are being found outside of Cahersiveen.

Seriously like, it's time Brendan Griffin grew a pair and stood up to be counted for Kerry people instead of being a yes man for Leo..

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/four-of-kerrys-five-tds-call-for-immediate-closure-of-direct-provision-centre-in-caherciveen-996995.html

Seriously like, it's time Brendan Griffin grew a pair and stood up to be counted for Kerry people instead of being a yes man for Leo..

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/four-of-kerrys-five-tds-call-for-immediate-closure-of-direct-provision-centre-in-caherciveen-996995.html

I sent two e mails to Minister Griffin but only got a reply from one of his "family" member employees. Never heard a word from Minister Griffin.
    Its obvious that either Minister Griffin doesn't have any clout or is simply afraid to say something in case he loses his handy number.
    The Kerry TD's were caught on the hop with this.
    They should be aware of decisions relating to Kerry & it shouldn't be up to the public to force them to get their act together.

Incidentally the Dept of Defence didn't make this decision. The decision was made by a pen pusher somewhere in that Dept.
    This is the person who should be held responsible for this reckless decision.
    No doubt this faceless individual will never face any sanction.

Double post.

• Advertisement

amdaley28 wrote: »
    I sent two e mails to Minister Griffin but only got a reply from one of his "family" member employees. Never heard a word from Minister Griffin.
    Its obvious that either Minister Griffin doesn't have any clout or is simply afraid to say something in case he loses his handy number.
    The Kerry TD's were caught on the hop with this.
    They should be aware of decisions relating to Kerry & it shouldn't be up to the public to force them to get their act together.

Incidentally the Dept of Defence didn't make this decision. The decision was made by a pen pusher somewhere in that Dept.
    This is the person who should be held responsible for this reckless decision.
    No doubt this faceless individual will never face any sanction.

I always had respect for him from when he came on the scene first and pledged to donate half his salary to help keep a local school open if elected. It was a very noble and generous gesture which no doubt did him no harm on voting day and he kept his word.

He's losing touch with local issues it seems and looks to be more concerned what Leo thinks about him than the people who voted him into office. He strikes me as very ambitious for power and there's nothing at all wrong with that once you don't forget the people who gave you the opportunity to climb.

This is a massive issue for the people of Kerry and he really should be at the forefront of trying to resolve it.

I always had respect for him from when he came on the scene first and pledged to donate half his salary to help keep a local school open if elected. It was a very noble and generous gesture which no doubt did him no harm on voting day and he kept his word.

He's losing touch with local issues it seems and looks to be more concerned what Leo thinks about him than the people who voted him into office. He strikes me as very ambitious for power and there's nothing at all wrong with that once you don't forget the people who gave you the opportunity to climb.

This is a massive issue for the people of Kerry and he really should be at the forefront of trying to resolve it.

Donating part or all of your salary is all very well especially if you don't actually need the money in the first place.
    I just want people to do what they are paid for. In this case work for the benefit of your constituents.
    its all about perception.

Now for all I know he's working his butt off but we don't know that because he's not talking to the people of his constituency, at least not to this one.

The electorate are fickle.
    Forget them & they will forget you at the next election.
    Take care of the home place & the home place will take care of you ;)
    That's the one thing all the established politicians down through the years learned.
    Those that didn't are no longer politicians.

The residents themselves want to leave and the place to be closed down it's disgraceful the way this is being handled...

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/kerry-asylum-seekers-ask-to-be-moved-after-quarantine-introduced-at-centre-1.4243157

The residents themselves want to leave and the place to be closed down it's disgraceful the way this is being handled...

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/kerry-asylum-seekers-ask-to-be-moved-after-quarantine-introduced-at-centre-1.4243157

The whole thing is being run by the Dept of Defence who are answerable to no one.
    Its clear that the Kerry TD's including the so called Minister have no sway at all in what happens to the residents of the Skellig Star or the Community in general.

Incident in the local Centra the other day when as a local woman was doing her shopping a female resident from the Skellig Star walked in. Words were exchanged because the local woman thought the asylum seeker should have been self isolating instead of walking around town.
    The shop assistant said she could do nothing about it, which of course she couldn't.

The silence from Minister Griffin is deafening which hopefully the electorate will remember at the next opportunity, not that the choice down here is great because the rest are equally useless.
    Like tits on a bull :mad:

Only one new case for each of the last two days - unless the beaches and walkways are mobbed in the coming days, there's a good chance of eradicating the disease locally by the time non-essential shops reopen on June 29th:

https://twitter.com/kerryman_ie/status/1256637765728579584

Only one new case for each of the last two days - unless the beaches and walkways are mobbed in the coming days, there's a good chance of eradicating the disease locally by the time non-essential shops reopen on June 29th:

https://twitter.com/kerryman_ie/status/1256637765728579584

Wow, that is just so positive!

Thanks for posting.

And again today, one new case brings the running total to 295, though presumably at least half will have recovered by now.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

And again today, one new case brings the running total to 295, though presumably at least half will have recovered by now.

Kerry now at 22nd in the ranking, so we are improving thankfully!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Kerry now at 22nd in the ranking, so we are improving thankfully!

We really seem to have got a grasp on the virus now here in Kerry

Keep it up folks :)

Three new cases today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Podge201

Three new cases today.

It would benefit if we knew where in the county also.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Podge201 wrote: »
    It would benefit if we knew where in the county also.

That information has not been given up to now. We are never given that exact information.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

That information has not been given up to now. We are never given that exact information.

There was a map of cases in the County a while back that had Tralee littered with them but the rest of the County really scattered. But I suppose that is to be expected with 1 in 4 cases related to Health workers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭wonga77

kn wrote: »
    There was a map of cases in the County a while back that had Tralee littered with them but the rest of the County really scattered. But I suppose that is to be expected with 1 in 4 cases related to Health workers.

How come that map was released and nothing since?

kn wrote: »

Yes, there were friends of mine who were able to tell me about the one positive case that was in our immediate locality, I had been told about it and when I asked them how they knew they said they had seen a map online and there was a red dot where the person lived.

I looked online a couple of times but couldn't find the map.

Obviously they feel the less you know the less you will complain :rolleyes:

I'd imagine it's something to do with patient confidentiality but I'm only guessing.

Yes, there were friends of mine who were able to tell me about the one positive case that was in our immediate locality, I had been told about it and when I asked them how they knew they said they had seen a map online and there was a red dot where the person lived.

I looked online a couple of times but couldn't find the map.

There should be a post with the image of the map on this thread or a link.

• Advertisement

An updated map of Kerry from Radio Kerry:

'New COVID-19 cases in Kerry, Munster and Republic of Ireland, as per the HSE's latest data.
    Grey dots are pre-reported cases and red dots are the latest confirmed cases (as per 14 April).'

94134362_10157707350095379_7084496216280530944_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_oc=AQmQBkoMLZgS35hquC1C7_S4pCw2hNuq-NM6sT71pdX8PMLbS2Calb7bKjbnxU6amZA&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=47ba468d45e852bd43eb26b0da13c1d8&oe=5EBDE9ED

@Rows Grower this is the map that was posted a couple of weeks ago for Kerry. I haven't seen an updated one since.

Advertisement