Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

So .. my other half lost one of my metal cards, so I got a Visa metal as replacement.

Interesting thing is, they are branded as "Visa Infinite" . Also, the little hidden very grey "Prepaid", that my original metal (one of the first 10k) has, has now been replaced with a white "Debit".

Wonder if they are coding the cards as debit cards now, opposed to credit prepaid ?

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 5,165 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Marlow wrote: »
    So .. my other half lost one of my metal cards, so I got a Visa metal as replacement.

Interesting thing is, they are branded as "Visa Infinite" . Also, the little hidden very grey "Prepaid", that my original metal (one of the first 10k) has, has now been replaced with a white "Debit".

Wonder if they are coding the cards as debit cards now, opposed to credit prepaid ?

/M

This tool usualy is very good to identify the card type: https://binlist.net/

But before you get all hyped up to now having the ultimate status Visa card, there are no actualy benefits at this point. There a benefits to Visa Infinite Credit cards (and some debit cards in eastern europe and the middle east) but Revolut is not part of that.

It's just to make you feel special ;-)

New terms and conditions on app today after an update.

Read throught it didnt notice any significant changes.

Anyone else read through them?

Pay close attention to the "how we safeguard" portion it changed in the irish and UK version.

But before you get all hyped up to now having the ultimate status Visa card, there are no actualy benefits at this point. There a benefits to Visa Infinite Credit cards (and some debit cards in eastern europe and the middle east) but Revolut is not part of that.

It's just to make you feel special ;-)

I know all about that alright :)

And yes, it is indeed branded "Visa Debit Infinite" and not marked prepaid. Issue country is down as UK.

My original metal Mastercard is Debit Prepaid Platinium and issued for Ireland, so was the one the other half lost.

The plastic Visa Premium cards are coded Visa Debit Platinium Prepaid, also UK issued.

/M

I know all about that alright :)

And yes, it is indeed branded "Visa Debit Infinite" and not marked prepaid. Issue country is down as UK.

My original metal Mastercard is Debit Prepaid Platinium and issued for Ireland, so was the one the other half lost.

The plastic Visa Premium cards are coded Visa Debit Platinium Prepaid, also UK issued.

/M

It’s crazy these days what card levels some cards are having.

These used to mean something when there were higher intercharge fees attached to them and the bank for more money per transaction but with the EU limiting the percentage that is no longer needed.

It used to mean something when you had a high level card with benefits these days it’s a marketing gag.

• Advertisement

It used to mean something when you had a high level card with benefits these days it’s a marketing gag.

Especially with credit cards. I had a Plainium Mastercard 15 years ago. It gave you an idea of the credit limit.

Fintech banks and Visa and Mastercard being available as Debit cards have diluted it all.

Good for the common consumer though.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

How long does it take to make a bank transfer from my revolut account to my KBC account? Or what are timeframes for this type of transfer for other Irish banks?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,439 ✭✭✭TheChizler

How long does it take to make a bank transfer from my revolut account to my KBC account? Or what are timeframes for this type of transfer for other Irish banks?

Thanks in advance.
    Made a transfer on Monday and it was through in under an hour, cutoff times must have lined up, it can vary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Thanks in advance.

I think if you do it before 12 midday it will be in the same day.

Otherwise it's the next day.

(Obviously that's Mon-Fri).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭6541

Help please, so i went shopping in a supermarket, bill was 80 euro odd, lovely check out person. Payed the bill. Now when i check my transactions it says, the payment was declined, please contact support. Have i just stole a load of goods ? Will the checkout person get in trouble ? Should i contact the supermarket. The transaction definitely went through at the till. Any help appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,736 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

6541 wrote: »
    Help please, so i went shopping in a supermarket, bill was 80 euro odd, lovely check out person. Payed the bill. Now when i check my transactions it says, the payment was declined, please contact support. Have i just stole a load of goods ? Will the checkout person get in trouble ? Should i contact the supermarket. The transaction definitely went through at the till. Any help appreciated.

Had this happen to me before, it came off again properly after about 2 days.

Keep your paper receipt which states that the transaction was approved.

Revolut has this problem regularly over the past years. It approved, than changes to declined and comes back after a while in most cases. Sometimes within minutes, other time in days and in some cases never.

Just ensure you keep funds in the wallet to cover it when it hits.

Relax. The supermarket will reprocess the payment in a few days. They had an electronic ok for it, so you're grand.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Another survey.

bV1OxTY.png?1

They asked. If I was offered one of the 3 above plans, which one would I choose or would I stop using Revolut all together.

The biggest change (concerning me) I noticed in the free plan was the reduction from the current £5000 to £1000 for "Exchange in 30 currencies with no hidden fees up to £"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭6541

Thanks everyone for advice regarding my supermarket transaction, so an update, supermarket transaction occurred. 12 hours later, money gone from my account. I am kinda glad of this but does this situation leave open an opportunity for you to clear your account before the transaction hits and commit fraud ? The whole thing seems dodge to me.

Thanks everyone for advice regarding my supermarket transaction, so an update, supermarket transaction occurred. 12 hours later, money gone from my account. I am kinda glad of this but does this situation leave open an opportunity for you to clear your account before the transaction hits and commit fraud ? The whole thing seems dodge to me.

No.

Basically, Revolut will let your account go into minus, if things go pairshaped. You then have 7 days to clear it, otherwise you'll loose your Revolut account. And consequences will come from that. One way or the other.

Just be mindful, that the system isn't perfect. But it's a lot more transparent than your brick and mortar banks. Commen sense still applies: you spend the money, you will have to pay it eventually.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

No.

Basically, Revolut will let your account go into minus, if things go pairshaped. You then have 7 days to clear it, otherwise you'll loose your Revolut account. And consequences will come from that. One way or the other.

Just be mindful, that the system isn't perfect. But it's a lot more transparent than your brick and mortar banks. Commen sense still applies: you spend the money, you will have to pay it eventually.

/M

Recently AddressPal tried to debit my account but I had insufficient funds to meet it. The payment to them did not go through. My account did not go into minus. I topped up straight away but the payment still did not go through.

Can you explain the difference between what happened in my situation and Poster 6541.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Recently AddressPal tried to debit my account but I had insufficient funds to meet it. The payment to them did not go through. My account did not go into minus. I topped up straight away but the payment still did not go through.

Can you explain the difference between what happened in my situation and Poster 6541.

There were sufficient funds on the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

As KillBill said in the case of 6541 there was sufficient funds in the account when the purchase was made so the supermarket transaction was approved at the point of sale - after that something quirky went wrong and the transaction wasn't completed even though it had been authorised.

In your case you has insufficient funds and the transaction was declined. Address pal only tried once (which is normal), when it failed instead of trying again they probably just contacted you to inform you of the declined transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Another survey.

bV1OxTY.png?1

They asked. If I was offered one of the 3 above plans, which one would I choose or would I stop using Revolut all together.

The biggest change (concerning me) I noticed in the free plan was the reduction from the current £5000 to £1000 for "Exchange in 30 currencies with no hidden fees up to £"

It's says there's a free physical card with the €5 plan, but it's not mentioned in the free plan. So no physical card? Possible deal breaker for me if so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

jakdublin wrote: »
    It's says there's a free physical card with the €5 plan, but it's not mentioned in the free plan. So no physical card? Possible deal breaker for me if so.

I don't think it's currently free right now anyway. They just do free card campaigns such as "Invite a friend to Revolut and give them a free standard card" etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I wonder would this be for new accounts only? I presume not but that 5k to 1k drop in limits is awful

Particularly if it’s 1k in local currency

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I'm wondering if someone could help me, I'm try IP ng to set up a payment to a revolut business account in the UK the IBAN starts with GB REBO

When I go in to set up the payment to a bank account it looks for sort code and account n UK mber

I'm choosing new payment then bank account, then business account and GBP/UK for country and currency then it looks for the account number and sort code

Is there another way to do this?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Stheno wrote: »
    I'm wondering if someone could help me, I'm try IP ng to set up a payment to a revolut business account in the UK the IBAN starts with GB REBO

When I go in to set up the payment to a bank account it looks for sort code and account n UK mber

I'm choosing new payment then bank account, then business account and GBP/UK for country and currency then it looks for the account number and sort code

Is there another way to do this?

Thanks

The account number and sort code are part of the Iban... Can you not just use them

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    The account number and sort code are part of the Iban... Can you not just use them

Yeah I'll give that as t e.g y just got flustered when it looked so different
    Thanks

jakdublin wrote: »

They are not free as standard anyway so that’s no change. That being said I use Revolut for all my day to day stuff and I can remember the last time I used the card, Apple Pay is all I use now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I don't think it's currently free right now anyway. They just do free card campaigns such as "Invite a friend to Revolut and give them a free standard card" etc.
    They are not free as standard anyway so that’s no change. That being said I use Revolut for all my day to day stuff and I can remember the last time I used the card, Apple Pay is all I use now.

I'm reading it as there are free cards now, you just pay for delivery. Under this plan you don't get a physical card at all. Maybe I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭VG31

Is anyone else's app showing most transactions under "other" in the country section now? I know it's not a major issue but it is a bit annoying!

Screenshot-20200428-123201.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

VG31 wrote: »
    Is anyone else's app showing most transactions under "other" in the country section now? I know it's not a major issue but it is a bit annoying!

Yes. Same here (Android Version 6.38-beta-244) all transactions in-fact.

Doesn't bother me at all as I never used that feature/view before.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Showing correctly here...on iOS though. Might ban an android bug?

Advertisement