Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

VG31 wrote: »
    Is anyone else's app showing most transactions under "other" in the country section now? I know it's not a major issue but it is a bit annoying!

Mine is displaying transactions correctly.

It's a good feature that until recently I hadn't used.
    In the last few weeks I've been ordering online from abroad and it helps you spot any unusual payments or debits from your card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,400 ✭✭✭VG31

I reported it to Revolut, they're aware of the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Gooser14

I initiated the transfer of funds from Revolut to my BoI account at 10 am yesterday. This would normally complete in 4 or 5 hours. On this occasion it has not yet arrived in the BoI account & is still showing as pending in Revolut. Anyone else having problems transferring funds from Revolut to BoI or other banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Gooser14 wrote: »
    I initiated the transfer of funds from Revolut to my BoI account at 10 am yesterday. This would normally complete in 4 or 5 hours. On this occasion it has not yet arrived in the BoI account & is still showing as pending in Revolut. Anyone else having problems transferring funds from Revolut to BoI or other banks.

European Bank Holiday yesterday, the funds won't clear till Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Euro (Friday ) and Irish Bank Holiday (Monday) likely will delay the transfer..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Yeah on the Easter long weekend I made a payment on the Friday that wasn't executed until Tuesday. Went through in normal times after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

Should the exchange rate to sterling be constantly updating? Just now xe.com 0.88802, revolut 0.8735 showing since yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭sonyvision

Been using Revolt for nearly 2 years and have saved me a fortune in exchange/banks fees.

The latest is where I hold shares through an SAYE scheme with work. The third party is a global nominee who holds the shares collext dividends etc. Recently got paid dividends into the hold account but if I want these transferred to my irish account incurres a charge of 25GBP plus 1.75% FX!.

Used my Revolut UK details without issue and didn't incurrer any charges!. First time using the UK account details but glad to know it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭J_A_F_A

Their FX rates are fixed at the weekends as the FX markets are closed.
    More here: https://community.revolut.com/t/weekend-exchange-rate-surcharge-clarification/4483
    iHungry wrote: »
    Should the exchange rate to sterling be constantly updating? Just now xe.com 0.88802, revolut 0.8735 showing since yesterday

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Is there anyway that I can avoid having to go through the text verification every time I top up with my PTSB Visa debit card. I never had to do this up until about a month ago why my top ups started to fail. When I finally got it sorted, apparently the saved expiry date on my PTSB changed somehow from 8/22 to 12/22 on the Revolut app. After I deleted that card and re-added it again, I’m getting this text verification ever since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭Sarn

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Is there anyway that I can avoid having to go through the text verification every time I top up with my PTSB Visa debit card. I never had to do this up until about a month ago why my top ups started to fail. When I finally got it sorted, apparently the saved expiry date on my PTSB changed somehow from 8/22 to 12/22 on the Revolut app. After I deleted that card and re-added it again, I’m getting this text verification ever since.

I’ve made no changes to my PTSB card and I now get this too. It just seems to be a general security update.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Aquos76 wrote: »

It'll stop eventually for amounts 300 and lower anyhow. For larger amounts it seems to trigger every time.

PTSB seems to have tightened the security at some point, when new rules were introduced for card payments.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Gooser14 wrote:

Funds were in my BoI account this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Stewball

Is Revolut's standard plan physical debit card just like any other debit card you'd get from AIB/BOI etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,280 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Stewball wrote: »
    Is Revolut's standard plan physical debit card just like any other debit card you'd get from AIB/BOI etc?

Yes the only difference I can see is it doesn't offer cashback.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Hi all, I have a Perx Reward Card I received as a bonus in work, does anyone know if there is a way of adding the amount to my Revolut using this card?

I had a quick search on here and nothing, someone did use their Perfect Incentive card to add money to their revolut, which I think is similar, but doesnt seem to be working for me at all.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Hi all, I have a Perx Reward Card I received as a bonus in work, does anyone know if there is a way of adding the amount to my Revolut using this card?
    Did it recently for my n26, you can't top up directly but you can use it to top up someone else's PayPal account and transfer to you vie friends and family and withdraw to your bank account from there. Probably against a whole bunch of ts and Cs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

Do all stores petrol stations accept revolut

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

It's a visa debit card so yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Some pay at the pump terminals might not

• Advertisement

Only place it's been rejected for me is the post office

Is your card one of the old ones that are coded as "Prepaid Credit Card" or one of the newer ones that are coded as Debit Card.

Important difference there.

An Post will only take Debit Cards.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 5,156 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Revolut has now started moving their Lithuania based customers onto the Bank License they hold there.

This is getting really confusing now

US customers via a 3rd party bank
    EU customers via UK emoney but moving to emoney in Lithuania
    Lithuania customers on a bank license
    UK customers via UK emoney

Also there is a major app update coming shortly which does some significant redesign.

Marlow wrote:
    Is your card one of the old ones that are coded as "Prepaid Credit Card" or one of the newer ones that are coded as Debit Card.

It's about three years old at this point so prepaid I'd imagine. I've never checked to see how it's coded. I have the pride one too. If I just tap it, it always works but if it's chip and pin, it doesn't. I know they only accept debit so I don't try anymore.

Wuff Wuff wrote:
    Some pay at the pump terminals might not

Really, so you can't rely totally on it so. You would always need to have your bank card too just in case.

By the machine or the tellers ?

By the machine or the tellers ?

The machine. It's worked when I've tapped but not when I've inserted it but ymmv depending on which card you have

• Registered Users Posts: 10,150 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

My sister forgot her PIN/passcode as she never used it, always uses face unlock to get into the app. Somehow she managed to make a mess of trying to get in using the facial recognition and now is unable to get into the app.

She's tried the Forgot my passcode functionality where you submit a photo of you holding your identification but nothing seems to happen when she's directed to the All chats page.

Anyone know what she can do?

It's about three years old at this point so prepaid I'd imagine. I've never checked to see how it's coded. I have the pride one too. If I just tap it, it always works but if it's chip and pin, it doesn't. I know they only accept debit so I don't try anymore.

3 years old could very well be coded as Credit Prepaid. My first cards were for sure.

/M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,156 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Hurrache wrote: »
    My sister forgot her PIN/passcode as she never used it, always uses face unlock to get into the app. Somehow she managed to make a mess of trying to get in using the facial recognition and now is unable to get into the app.

She's tried the Forgot my passcode functionality where you submit a photo of you holding your identification but nothing seems to happen when she's directed to the All chats page.

Anyone know what she can do?

Install the app on a different device which will allow access as that relies on email and sms verification.

Than deinstall on the old device and reinstall there. It should in theory now be treated as secondary device and request a new setup rather than asking for the previous PIN code.

No guarantees that this will work but it's worth a try.

Advertisement