Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

skippy2 wrote: »
    As someone who uses this feature to its max every month. Will seriously have to consider other options and so will a number of other people I know.

Be a shame if they just turn into another Bank with fees for everything

It's a business and it has to make money eventually.

Vast majority of users are not going to be exceeding 1K of FX most months. Makes sense that heavy users should have to pay something extra rather than the rest of us being made subsidise their usage.

And a few euro a month would still be cheaper than any other option out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Been trying out the disposable virtual cards the last week or so.
    Tried to pay for a takeaway over the phone with it but got rejected - message was something like "disposable cards cannot be used for recurring payments" - must have been whatever way the restaurant were trying to process it.

Also been trying it out for free trials (naughty I know) - the 3 services I tried it with all sent an "authorisation" to it, but it didn't generate a new card number for me. The trials were created successfully. So seems like unless you make an actual payment with the card a new number won't be generated? Those services had no problem accepting the card though, would have thought it would have hit the "recurring payments" issue mentioned above.

Anyone know if it's possible to manually force the disposable card to refresh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

Lads does Addresspal accept Revolut. It's saying my Disposable Card is not valid.

Do I have to use my Main Cards details to complete registration.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Lads does Addresspal accept Revolut. It's saying my Disposable Card is not valid.

Do I have to use my Main Cards details to complete registration.

A disposable card is for a one time charge not a single merchant for reoccurring charges.

Single use with a single transaction!

A disposable card is for a one time charge not a single merchant for reoccurring charges.

Single use with a single transaction!

Thanks, does that mean I must use the Main card for every transaction using Addresspal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Thanks, does that mean I must use the Main card for every transaction using Addresspal.

Why would you even want to use a disposable card with Addresspal??

Why would you even want to use a disposable card with Addresspal??

The same reason as anywhere else. Safety, what if the account was hacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Hi everyone hope everyone keeping well
    Anyway been trying to set up Revolut and it won’t accept my postcode as in Dublin 14 16 18 etc anyway now when I try set it up I can’t get to that stage as it won’t accept my passcode and just keeps saying please try again later a problem occurred any ideas I have deleted and reinstalled app but no joy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Postal Code expects Eircode I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Postal Code expects Eircode I think.

Thanx hopefully let’s me get to that stage tomorrow cause at the moment it’s not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

There is no "every transaction", you give addresspal permission to charge your card every time they process your parcel. It's automatic.

You can either give them a plastic card or a virtual (but not disposable) card and next time they just charge that card.

There is no "every transaction", you give addresspal permission to charge your card every time they process your parcel. It's automatic.

You can either give them a plastic card or a virtual (but not disposable) card and next time they just charge that card.

Thanks, I forgot I could use the Virtual card instead of the main card, I was too busy focusing on the disposable one after using it elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Have used the disposal card a bit over the past couple of weeks since getting it (without checking it may only be a few days but you know how time is merging these days...)

Very handy little feature

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

How would a disposal card work if you had to be refunded?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

How would a disposal card work if you had to be refunded?

Charges are assigned a transaction ID. Even for disposable cards. That money will find it's way back into your account no problem.

The disposable card just can't be used a second time for a charge.

/M

The fact it can be recognised as a disposable card is disappointing to hear. I expected it to be seen as just a normal card so as to stop the person you are paying knowing anything about it and putting measures in place to stop you using a disposable one.

The fact it can be recognised as a disposable card is disappointing to hear. I expected it to be seen as just a normal card so as to stop the person you are paying knowing anything about it and putting measures in place to stop you using a disposable one.

You can't recognise it as such. What a lot of vendors do to avoid disposables, is to put a 0 or 1 USD/EUR reservation against the card first. That usually bricks the disposable card.

/M

Marlow wrote: »
    Charges are assigned a transaction ID. Even for disposable cards. That money will find it's way back into your account no problem.

The disposable card just can't be used a second time for a charge.

/M

That's good to know. I ordered from Geekbuying using a disposable and expect delivery next week. I only thought of a potential refund problem afterwards.

You can't recognise it as such. What a lot of vendors do to avoid disposables, is to put a 0 or 1 USD/EUR reservation against the card first. That usually bricks the disposable card.

/M

That’s pretty much every vender nowadays, almost every time I use the card online, even in places I’ve used it before there is a test transaction.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Anyone having any issues today with trying to top up their Revolut account via PTSB debit card?

• Advertisement

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Anyone having any issues today with trying to top up their Revolut account via PTSB debit card?

No. And I use that nearly every day. Be aware though, that PTSB has a max limit of 150 EUR/day for merchant payments (which is what Revolut uses). You can ring them and increase it to 300, but you have to ask specifically for this. It can not be increased any further than that.

/M

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

No. And I use that nearly every day. Be aware though, that PTSB has a max limit of 150 EUR/day for merchant payments (which is what Revolut uses). You can ring them and increase it to 300, but you have to ask specifically for this. It can not be increased any further than that.

/M
    Ah ok, I use it regularly also, but have tried a number of times today, and all have failed for some reason. Thanks anyway.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Ah ok, I use it regularly also, but have tried a number of times today, and all have failed for some reason. Thanks anyway.

I haven't tried today. But it might be worth ringing PTSB Open24 and asking why that is. Sometimes they get funny ideas and just randomly start blocking payments.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

/M

Is this new because I have loaded way more than that from a PTSB debit card in the (recent) past

Dodge wrote: »
    Is this new because I have loaded way more than that from a PTSB debit card in the (recent) past

No. Was always like that with me and I've had my Revolut card from the very early days, when they were purely a prepaid card with no account facilities.

It may also vary depending the on the account type. Who knows.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Delta2113

/M

I've often topped up €700 with PTSB. It would probably let me do €1,500 so that €300 figure is nonsense.

Delta2113 wrote: »
    I've often topped up €700 with PTSB. It would probably let me do €1,500 so that €300 figure is nonsense.

I am just referring to, what Permanent TSB staff have told me and what always seem to have been the limits with my particular type of account.

How is it nonsense, when I can not exceed these limits ? And have not been able to do so for many year .. plus not been able to get PTSB to increase these limits ?

It's a reality for me, while banking with PTSB.

/M

"It's a reality for me" is completely different to claiming it was wholesale policy which is what you were claiming.

I'm not looking for any row or anything.

Delta2113 wrote: »
    "It's a reality for me" is completely different to claiming it was wholesale policy which is what you were claiming.

I'm not looking for any row or anything.

I can only state based on what I have experienced and what I have been told by Permanent TSB staff.

This is the first, I've heard of somebody with PTSB being able to load the card with more than that limit.

And your post was fairly aggressive. It is not nonsense, when it's not wrong. It may just not be the whole picture. But who has the whole picture ? Especially, when it comes to banking. Half the time, they make it up as they go. The same as insurance.

There is no black and white in banking. Just grey and red.

/M

• Advertisement

I use the word nonsense and you consider that fairly aggressive. I give up.

Advertisement