Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Quackster wrote: »
    Hmm, I already had six active cards (four physical & two virtual) and was able to order a disposable virtual card a few days ago. :confused:

Same here, however it would not do it for me on apple, I had to go and do it on Android but that was before the offical launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

Hmm, I already had six active cards (four physical & two virtual) and was able to order a disposable virtual card a few days ago. :confused:

What's the benefit of having so many.

I can understand it's good to have a backup if you lose a card but other than that I can't see any benefits.

I'm not complaining, just curious. Maybe I need to get another card.

What's the benefit of having so many.

I can understand it's good to have a backup if you lose a card but other than that I can't see any benefits.

I'm not complaining, just curious. Maybe I need to get another card.

The main way most of us got those many card is by participating in the REV-P beta which gave a new card or wanting the PRIDE card.

Most people will be happy with 2 plastic, 1 virtual and 1 disposable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

The main way most of us got those many card is by participating in the REV-P beta which gave a new card or wanting the PRIDE card.

I'd LOVE the Pride card, how do I sign up for the REV-P beta?

Please and thanks ;-)

M

So we can order more than one plastic card per person.

Was the Pride card a limited edition or can it be ordered at any time.

• Advertisement

So we can order more than one plastic card per person.

I understoid that the Pride card was a limited edition or can it be ordered at any time.

You can order more than one plastic (it looks like a total of 5 cards is the new normal as per Quackster). Cost might apply.

PRIDE and REV-P beta are to the best of my knowledge/experience no longer available at present.

But if someone knows different, please share.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

The pride card was for a limited amount of cards. 30,000 I think. Hopefully they'll run the promo again this year as I missed out.,

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

You can order more than one plastic (it looks like a total of 5 cards is the new normal as per Quackster). Cost might apply.

PRIDE and REV-P beta are to the best of my knowledge/experience no longer available at present.

But if someone knows different, please share.

Four physical cards was the limit for me last summer anyway as when I tried to order the Pride card, I was told I had the maximum already.

So I deleted my original 'faulty' Visa beta card and was then able to add the Pride card.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Seems Revolut is considering making some changes to its Standard, Premium and Metal Plans,just got an email about it .
    Looks like there will be 3 plans ,Standard (Free) ,Revolut Plus Plan @4.99pm and Ultimate Plan @12.99 per month.

They seem to be trying to incentivise people to get their salaries paid direct into Revolut by offering perks and interest .

0.5% cash back abroad on the Ultimate Plan ,not entirely sure how that would work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭1882

Anyone else getting bombed with notifications today? About stocks, then I can't log in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Zardoz wrote: »
    Seems Revolut is considering making some changes to its Standard, Premium and Metal Plans,just got an email about it .
    Looks like there will be 3 plans ,Standard (Free) ,Revolut Plus Plan @4.99pm and Ultimate Plan @12.99 per month.

They seem to be trying to incentivise people to get their salaries paid direct into Revolut by offering perks and interest .

0.5% cash back abroad on the Ultimate Plan ,not entirely sure how that would work.

free plan will cut the fee free monthly currency exchange from €6000 to €1000 which is a bigger loss than anything else really.

*EDIT* if anyone gets the survey link, can you take the survey and screenshot the table of the three plans they're purposing. I forgot to and I can't go back in to see the plan breakdowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

free plan will cut the fee free monthly currency exchange from €6000 to €1000 which is a bigger lost than anything else really.

They have to make money somewhere in fairness. It'll stay be a massive saving over any brick and mortar bank. Especially because the rates are better.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Marlow wrote: »
    They have to make money somewhere in fairness. It'll stay be a massive saving over any brick and mortar bank. Especially because the rates are better.

/M

oh I totally agree and tbh €1000 is fine for most people, and is of course way better than traditional B&M banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭Zardoz

free plan will cut the fee free monthly currency exchange from €6000 to €1000 which is a bigger loss than anything else really.

*EDIT* if anyone gets the survey link, can you take the survey and screenshot the table of the three plans they're purposing. I forgot to and I can't go back in to see the plan breakdowns.

Yes ,thats a big reduction allright .

You'd be off your game to have your salary paid in directly .
    They could freeze the account at will and your salary would be frozen.

In saying that if people were paying in their salary maybe Revolut might not be so trigger happy looking for source of funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

Same here, however it would not do it for me on apple, I had to go and do it on Android but that was before the offical launch.

It seems their limits are fluid... in that for some reason or another the limits don't always apply allowing cards to be ordered above the limit due to temporary bugs or special / trial offers. The app seems to support many more cards than the limits they communicate via support.

Anyway - its not a big issue for me at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

Nooooooo!!! :( Are there any other fintechs out there that offer a similar service?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

6k to 1k would effect most holiday users and cross border shoppers too. That’s a very, very significant step

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

1882 wrote: »
    Anyone else getting bombed with notifications today? About stocks, then I can't log in

Not quite bombarded but I have got a few alerts about XRP price rising by 2%

No problem logging in (although when I did there was a notice about them experiencing issues)

Those alerts, if they annoy you, can be disabled in the Privacy sections of the settings:-
    • Crypto volatility alerts
    • Trading volatility alerts

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭J_A_F_A

Just spotted a new feature in the app. Revolut username (similar to Twitter: @abcdef) "Get paid without revealing your mobile number."
    I'm Android/premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

J_A_F_A wrote: »
    Just spotted a new feature in the app. Revolut username (similar to Twitter: @abcdef) "Get paid without revealing your mobile number."
    I'm Android/premium.

Available here free version too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Mr.S wrote:
    Where in settings does that appear?

If you go to payments it's in the top left corner

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Can't change mine yet from the default given one.

MiskyBoyy wrote:
    Can't change mine yet from the default given one.

Me either. Says they're working on it for the future.

I just created a Disposable Card in my Revolut App. I want to use it on the Geekbuying website.

The cards number does not display. How can I use the card to buy online without being able to enter the card number.

Thank you

Mr.S wrote: »
    Tap on the card and then “show card details”

Mortified, thanks :o

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭littlecopilot

App is seriously lagging for me at the moment. Accidentally did a double top up and nothing but spinning at the moment. Anyone else having similar issues?

App is seriously lagging for me at the moment. Accidentally did a double top up and nothing but spinning at the moment. Anyone else having similar issues?

Lagging for me too but I was able to top up, just had to click between screens a few times to get the balance to update

• Registered Users Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭This is it

Not able to get on to the app at all really. Tried a few times, got in once but went to check something and I just got a white screen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I said I'd post here rather than start a new thread but does anyone know of any alternative banks that handle cryptocurrency in a similar way to Revolut?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

Dodge wrote: »
    6k to 1k would effect most holiday users and cross border shoppers too. That’s a very, very significant step

As someone who uses this feature to its max every month. Will seriously have to consider other options and so will a number of other people I know.

Be a shame if they just turn into another Bank with fees for everything

Advertisement