Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

This is a great product for getting some few bob on the money you don't want to lock away and not messing with tax returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,360 ✭✭✭This is it

Yeah, I'd only use it for day to day expenses. Fuel, lunch, etc. about €3-400 a month, savings going in would only be a few hundred a month. I'll give it a go anyway, see how it goes. Using revolut for years but don't want to have a few k in savings that gets frozen, and a pain to open it back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭feargantae

Just curious which Irish banks charge for CC top ups? I'd a KBC card and it was free, that card is now BOI and it's still free. I think AIB are the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭pureza

Avant card treat it as a cash advance,so interest charged immediately

Most UK banks also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Did you ask get the 1% cashback offer of you use revolut as main account? Have to lodge 1800 by July 5th. Also get 3.94% on savings, regardless of plan. Trying to find the terms. My wages all go into revolt anyway so I should be ok, and a few direct debits leaving it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,993 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Anyone having problems adding money? Getting "oops something went wrong" when trying to. Looks like system issues looking at Twitter.

Yeah,Lots of things not working and I'm an ultra customer

Can't even contact them whic is instsnt including call backs as a stated benefit of ultra

• Registered Users Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

I got it too. It's some new promotion.

"Your boosts: 1% cashback On your spend

3.94% variable APY Create Flexible Cash Funds. Paid daily

24/7 dedicated support Get personalised help from experts via chat or callback"

Add €1,800 in Revolut before 5/7. I am a Metal customer

Those higher rates dont normally apply to ordinary revolut accounts

They go up in stages depending on your subscription,with the highest rate going to ultra customers

• Advertisement

This particular promotion is open to all customers, even free ones. The only condition seems to be you opt in and add €1,800 to your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,360 ✭✭✭This is it

I opened the app and got an instant notification for the "Boost".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭Jeff2

This seems wrong as you need Ultra Plan for 3.49 % and fee plan is 2%.

Have I got this wrong.?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Yeah it's a new different offer open to all accounts, even free - it specically says open to free account holder. What I don't know is how often you have to lodge 1,8000 after July and if you need to keep a minimum blanance or anything

I don't see any mention of the interest rates mentioned above in the terms and it's 1800 every 35 days and cashback is capped at 10€ a month.

Also it's not open to all accounts it's on invitation only.

Who is eligible for this Promotion?

To participate in this Promotion, you must meet the following “Eligibility Criteria”:

you must have received an Invitation Email directly from us and/or communications within the app inviting you to participate in this Promotion. These communications are sent out randomly;

https://www.revolut.com/en-IE/legal/boosts-offer-existing-customers/

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭crinkley

I notice it says you must not have topped up your account by 1800 or more in the 30 days before so that’s me out of an invite. Good rates for those who do get it though

Interesting. I wonder is this selectively enforced as I topped up ~€2.5k last month and I'm eligible for this promotion.

(you can check if you tap the barchart icon in the top right of the homescreen)

I've added the €1,800 to my account and Boost seems to be working grand. I wonder does it combine with the fantastic (/s) 0.1% cashback as a Metal customer to get 1.1%!

Reminds me of the old KBC days where you could essentially recycle the same money with lodgements/withdrawals and over and over to avail of the €2,500 free fees!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭wassie

Stories like this are why I'll never rely solely on a neo-bank. When the sh!t hits the fan, you can't contact anyone.

As frustrating and as backward as our native banks are, at least you can talk to a human (even if it is torturous in doing so).

Load of waffle in media as per usual casting a shadow on neo banking.

I went into AIB with an issue and the staff were no better than not having them there at all and the end result was leaving it unresolved. I believe PTSB just direct you to the tele support also so no better there either.

I'm not sure why people have this psychological idea that a person makes a difference.

In the article linked it is your responsibility to secure your account and that includes your phone and what apps you install to allow people gain access to your device and information.

Being careful of the source of your device if bought second hand and always using a credible repair shop.

• Advertisement

any time I had to go to bank of Ireland, and it was only to sort out a mortgage with a different bank, you’d go to the counter and they’d point you to a pc or phone - they had zero interest in dealing with you person to person even though the things I wanted it was stated I could only do in branch. If people think a branch is going to be any better I think they’re delusional

• Registered Users Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bren2001

You could still speak to a human being on the phone. The service provided by traditional banks with regards support is far better than Revolut. If people think Revolut support is on par with traditional banks, I think they're delusional.

to be honest I have to disagree, be kept on hold for ages as opposed to a chat that I can return to at my convenience and any issues I have had which have been minor have been resolved very quickly. Would rate Revolut support far better but I prioritise my time over getting to speak to someone on a phone

I have to disagree, I've never been kept on hold for ages and the issue gets solved immediately. I prefer that to randomly getting an update at some point in time in the future. There are countless examples online of Revolut support simply not working and never getting a response. Peoples accounts being closed for weeks with no update. I've never heard of that with a traditional bank.

it happens with traditional banks - I have a friend who works in fraud, the press are just not as manic to report it, or people think that because they talk to someone on the phone they’re getting somewhere.

I’ve wasted hours with bank of Ireland travelling to a a branch only to be passed along somewhere else and then somewhere else and then having to pay fees for that. But people are happy to keep the bar low with what they accept from bank just so they can go to a building and receive poor customer service

Thats a single data point. Its all anecdotal. I find the customer service of Open24 excellent. I find the customer service of Revolut awful (as do countless other examples online). Its nothing to do with media reporting.

We're simply not going to agree.

no probably not, as I said I value my time and convenience and have yet to have any issue or have anyone within my circle of friends complain. There is plenty to counteract all of these online horror stories - which can usually be traced back to someone making a silly mistake that would also happen with a traditional bank

I value my time and convenience. Thats why I prefer Open24.

well I’m glad you seem to have experienced the exception to the rule with open 24, a quick google will show the amount of complaints and I did look into it when considering between ptsb and another bank for the mortgage and moving accounts

• Advertisement

well I'm glad you seem to have experienced the exception to the rule with Revolut support, a quick google will show the amount of complaints.

Easy to do isn't it?

Advertisement