Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restriction questions - the Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭celticWario

So is the 2km radius for solo exercising or will it be used as an excuse by gangs of kids/teens to continue congregating on street corners?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Thanks be to jaysus. The children's hospital site at James' has been a disaster (and that's just the guys that can be seen out on the public roads). The least effort I've seen at social/ physical distancing since this whole thing started.

Will they allow skeleton staff for hse buildings ?
    We are working on a special needs centre and have been told we can finish it for the next 3 days as they need the rooms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Are we who are "cocooned" allowed to shop for groceries or are we expected to go without food for 2 weeks?

What would you think, being honest?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

So is the 2km radius for solo exercising or will it be used as an excuse by gangs of kids/teens to continue congregating on street corners?

its to stop them congregating hence extra powers given to gardai and limiting of travel etc,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Just seen the Gardaí shutting down the stalls on Meath st.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,904 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Just seen the Gardaí shutting down the stalls on Meath st.

Toilet rolls are essential :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Sleeper12 wrote: »

On another note it's been confirmed that construction sites are to be closed. Bit of a no brainer there

I've been searching for confirmation of this and can't find it anywhere...

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Penfailed wrote: »
    I've been searching for confirmation of this and can't find it anywhere...

In the Irish Times this morning

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Breakerz

People are always free to use their own common sense in the small window of half a day to a day before the full list will be published. Anyone phoning a Garda station wondering whether they should go to work should have a look at themselves and cop on.

I'm assuming that senior health officials and qualified epidemiologists are in a far better position to judge what's needed than your average joe. Hardly unreasonable.

You sure make a lot of assumptions for someone who is so assured of their opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Xertz

I’ve a couple of items that landed at parcel motel, which is at my local supermarket. I’m just wondering do I abandon them or collect them? They’re actually the covers for ear thermometer. I can set it for home delivery I guess, assuming that they’re still delivering.

Also my only reasonable supermarket is 5km away. The only things local are centra like shops and a fairly bad Aldi that’s never really got anything even in normal times is about 3km away, I assume I can still go to SuperValu and it’s not a case of being corralled into nearest one only?

Xertz wrote: »
    I’ve a couple of items that landed at parcel motel, which is at my local supermarket. I’m just wondering do I abandon them or collect them? They’re actually the covers for ear thermometer. I can set it for home delivery I guess, assuming that they’re still delivering.

Why don't you collect them the next time you have to do a food shop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Xertz

Why don't you collect them the next time you have to do a food shop?

They’ll be removed from the box after 24h and go back into the system and be charged again.

I guess I could decide to go for a food shop, but I did that yesterday and don’t really need to. I’ll probably just let them reprocess as a home delivery, assuming they’ll do that.

Can you go for a drive?

Toilet rolls are essential :D

Knockoff AirPods aren’t.

Also my only reasonable supermarket is 5km away. The only things local are centra like shops and a fairly bad Aldi that’s never really got anything even in normal times is about 3km away, I assume I can still go to SuperValu and it’s not a case of being corralled into nearest one only?

2K travel is for exercise, you can travel further for food without issue. As for the Parcel Motel, why not collect them & do your shopping at the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,767 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

They’ll be removed from the box after 24h and go back into the system and be charged again.

I guess I could decide to go for a food shop, but I did that yesterday and don’t really need to. I’ll probably just let them reprocess as a home delivery, assuming they’ll do that.
    go get them if you can, let the delivery driver do something else.

Knockoff AirPods aren’t.

I'm actually stunned that they have been allowed open this long

Can you go for a drive?

No. Unless it is essential.

• Advertisement

No. Unless it is essential.

Pity, and going for a drive would do no harm, but I can see why they’re doing it too as it would be a catch-all excuse for everything.

I’ll be driving 100km from the office Monday morning anyway for a job, so long as the industry isn’t on this upcoming list. Are there any recommendations on proof if stopped?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,077 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Pity, and going for a drive would do no harm, but I can see why they’re doing it too as it would be a catch-all excuse for everything.

Exactly , but also the less cars out the less accidents and freeing up ES's

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Just go and get them. Follow proper hygiene etiquette and distance protocols and you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Manc_Red

https://www.newstalk.com/news/harris-construction-workers-essential-990722

Still a bit vague, I'm working for a supplier of steel for sites, still not sure if I'm in Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

I lived in Dublin and would like to do a few home projects. With shops only allowed do delivery, it would be good to name any builders providers, tyre companies and the likes offering free delivery to keep their business open.
    I need a Length of waterproof 8 by 4 dry lining. I also need two new tyres. Id happily give the business to whoever doesn't screw me on delivery or will replace the tyres at the house without over charging me!

Be great to hear who's doing their best to offer a home service!

I'm actually stunned that they have been allowed open this long

I know. They take up half the footpath and everyone has to squeeze past.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Gobethewall

BoatMad wrote: »
    Most people have “ someone “

My wife and I don't have anyone.
    We're supposed to be cocooned, how do we get food. On-line food deliveries all maxed out , it's not possible to order as far as I can find. Supervalu site doesn't work and Tesco have no slots
    Looks like we're going to starve. Lots of Wood Pigeons in trees out back I'll have to make a catapult

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭statto25

Go in and collect them. If youre stopped you say youre going to the supermarket. Maintain social distancing, collect and go home.

More clarity from Leo in this tweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

My wife and I don't have anyone.
    We're supposed to be cocooned, how do we get food. On-line food deliveries all maxed out , it's not possible to order as far as I can find. Supervalu site doesn't work and Tesco have no slots
    Looks like we're going to starve. Lots of Wood Pigeons in trees out back I'll have to make a catapult
    Don't be stupid, you won't starve.

Ring your local Garda station. They will know of any volunteer groups in your area that can pick up and deliver supplies to you.

Even in the extremely unlikely event that there is no one that can help out, you are not going to be arrested and thrown in jail for going shopping for essentials. We don't live in a police state, ffs.

Advertisement