Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XI - 2,615 in ROI (46 deaths) 410 in NI (21 deaths)(29/03)*OP upd 28/03*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,241 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Blaze420 wrote: »
    Tell me where the trolley crisis is now that every hypochondriac prick isn’t clogging our AES up with their medical cards? Tell me about the genuine homeless - not those sitting in hotels waiting for a free house because that isn’t homelessness? Big changes coming after this I hope when we wake up and realise what a cohort of spoofing vermin pervade our society and essential functions

Absolute dregs of society.

After this unless you contribute to the pot you can rot for all I care.

No more free gaffs and handouts for sitting at home all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

Advice on cocooning by Hse posted by Richard Chambers on his Twitter.
    https://1drv.ms/b/s!AgNGJplI2Q3rgYh9R17DLgngAc4JsA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

bb12 wrote: »
    there's billions in people's private savings in this country

Seriously. You think the money just sits there? To pull most of that money down bank loans need to be called in. i.e. the guarantee behind the loan needs to be liquidated and that takes time. On top of that the shutdowns have set off a chain of payment failures and calls for cash so where is the money coming from?

Normally when we experience an economic crash it tends to affect specific sectors, this one cuts across the board in almost every western country, the scale of this is beyond any central bank to bailout. This situation could well be the catalyst for a monetary reset within a short few years as it exposes a very broke welfare state when everyone turns to the state for a bailout.

It's a horrible situation with fear going through the back of everyone's mind at the moment, the people in the highest risk group in this crisis are pensioners dependent on welfare, and people with compromised immune response systems, however the people who lost their jobs in the first round are mainly young people and low income earners, not to mention many small business owners and sole traders. This situation cannot be sustained and it has a logical problem in that if you break the infection cycle, it only takes one person to start it off again. Speaking to the landlord this evening half his tenants have no way to pay the rent at the end of the month so at the moment he can only wait and see like the rest of us.

There are just so many permutations opened up by the economic shutdown that it is impossible to figure out what will happen by the end of April. My guess is that by the end of April we will get to a situation that if you are under 55 years old with no health conditions you will need to go back to work whether the virus is cleared or not.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,488 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

So far today in the US

EUJkphIX0AEynbx?format=jpg&name=large

USFRIDAYTHREE.png?itok=3u8_Oly5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Can somebody explain if & why a drive would be against current guidelines?

I.e. getting in the car at the house, driving and not leaving the car until returning home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Anyone know if the list of essential services is up anywhere? I'm a courier and am hoping to still have a job on monday

I hope so because I am waiting on few deliveries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Absolutely - pay your share or you can rot in the gutter where you aspired to be

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭ronano

Are takeaways open during from tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 17,270 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

topper75 wrote: »
    I'm sorry you ended up with that nasty experience through no fault of your own but you just sound angry. A runner keeping their distance didn't give you anything regardless of how far they ran. People should always question what they are told to do and why they are told to do it, especially when the given 'why' is vague or non-existant.
    I WON'T be complying with the 2km thing unless somebody can rationally explain how it increases the risk of me spreading the virus. I don't fear any police action in Ireland for obvious reasons.
    It's a personal thing for which I carry full responsibility, as with all my decisions and actions.

You won't mind running on the road then so I don't have to be met with your grunting and spluttering on the pavement

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I think it’s a step too far taking away people’s freedom

• Advertisement

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Yes, I have a sense of great change coming.
    Hopefully it won't just go back to BAU, it can't, can it.

There does seem to be a lot of good will around

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

kingtiger wrote: »
    Varadkar is the weakest ineffectual Taoiseach we have ever had, flip flopping around like a fish that has just been caught

come out and be strong ffs and say it as it is

Should be

€500 fine if you have no valid excuse for being out

and just don't stop there €1k for parents of teenagers caught hanging around on the street with their mates

The letter from Dr Holohan to the government recommending these measures also recommended making regulations to enforce them. This will mean that "A person who commits an offence under this section is liable on summary conviction to a class C fine, or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 6 months, or both."

A class C fine is €2,500.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

topper75 wrote: »
    No - I don't think you even know the first thing about this virus.
    It is clear from a long time ago that people have different experiences of it. Ranges from symptomless to death. What leveller are you on about?
    That part about me enjoying my run you needn't worry about. I enjoy my entire life. I recommend you start doing the same.

This is why the Indians needed heavies with sticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,874 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

ronano wrote: »
    Have another run at that maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Wow just wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

ronano wrote: »

Yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,463 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

ITman88 wrote: »
    Eh no, if the government want to know the reaction of a disproportionate group of nerds on the internet they can check our posts!

Ah in fairness there are some quite intelligent people on here and a couple of geniuses.

Gael23 wrote: »

What would prefer - Italy or Spain?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Sure the gubberment was telling me to do that.

Gael23 wrote: »

What would prefer - Italy or Spain?

• Advertisement

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Wow just wow.

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

redarmy wrote: »
    Gardai are now at the entrance to Tesco Clonmel to control traffic

These people make me laugh, sensible stockpiling over weeks I'm fine with. But clogging up supermarkets(and spreading the bloody virus!!) after Varadkar announces that all NON ESSENTIAL (as in, not supermarkets) travel will be curtailed...how stupid can you get? These people are childen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

kilkenny31 wrote: »
    There will be no inflation because people arent spending. There will be deflation or at least stagnation. Just like there was in 2008 but the difference this time the German economy will be suffering the same so they will be more open to printing money.

Initially. When people are back spending and the economy is flushed with cash though?

Deflation is the more immediate concern, inflation in the longer run.

This is a much worse problem than 2008, we have all of the legacy debt from 2008 and much more corporate debt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

AdrianG08 wrote: »
    We wont hit 15000 because testing hasnt been sufficient.

So many infected people were not even aware.

Key figure is ICU admissions

I would think so, bit like lottery statistics .....when you read about people who are very lucky, we're reading about people who are very unlucky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

US still on an exponential curve. Still 8-10 hours of reports left.

Sure the gubberment was telling me to do that.

That cohort will have no problem with the new restrictions alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭boetstark

greenpilot wrote: »
    This is, by far, the most self-entitled post I've seen on Boards. The virus is a great leveller. Good luck with your little run

Mods not trying to do your job for you, please ban this poster from posting again on this thread.
    Their comments are disrespectful and insulting to all our healthcare workers and also to all those seriously ill with this bloody vitus.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,790 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

kingtiger wrote: »
    Varadkar is the weakest ineffectual Taoiseach we have ever had, flip flopping around like a fish that has just been caught

come out and be strong ffs and say it as it is

Should be

€500 fine if you have no valid excuse for being out

and just don't stop there €1k for parents of teenagers caught hanging around on the street with their mates

Its gas when people use their imaginations to make up laws and penalties that don't exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭con747

Can somebody explain if & why a drive would be against current guidelines?

I.e. getting in the car at the house, driving and not leaving the car until returning home.

You breakdown you need assistance. You crash You need emergency services. Have a think about it.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

FVP3 wrote: »
    This is all wrong. Normal QE tends to cause inflation in housing, or stocks as it increases bank reserves and thus loans ( most ot which go to housing), and reduces the attractiveness of bonds and deposit accounts pushing money into stocks.

Giving people a few K to counteract deflation wont do any of that.

As you said QE causes inflation in assets prices, because the printed money is injected in the financial economy. I.e. inflation is where the money is injected.

With helicopter money, the goal is to inject money in the real economy rather than the financial economy, and thus it will cause consumer prices inflation rather than asset price inflation. That inflation will be particularly visible in constrained spendings such as essential consumer goods and rents (rents is a big one as there will be more money competing for the same constrained supply of rental properties, and more money chasing a finite and essential ressource logically leads to inflation).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement