Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XI - 2,615 in ROI (46 deaths) 410 in NI (21 deaths)(29/03)*OP upd 28/03*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

I agree. A month at the outside, then we will have to start getting back to normal, albeit with some social distancing

How do you propose to run retail, restaurants and pubs, to any degree of profit to keep them viable, with social distancing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

After a shaky start

Don't remember but his clear concise direct information is to be commended. Very astute and calculated, he could never make a politician in Ireland, alas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Some of my staff were texting me during Leo's speech asking if they are due in on Monday. F**k sake, he didn't run it by me first.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    There will come a certain point where the effects of people not being able to work and businesses being shut down will be worse than the virus itself and could result in far more deaths. I'm not sure why people are finding that so hard to understand.

These "lockdowns" cant go on indefinitely, otherwise the whole world is ****ed. At some point most of us will have to accept the risk and try to shield the most vulnerable as much as possible.

It's been what, two weeks for the majority of us at this point? And now we've been asked to give it all for another two weeks and let's see where we're at then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Fines for anyone who breaks restrictions. Only way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Could we maybe stop with the triumphalism about blocking people going on long runs or cycles? Just because there are some people who try to better themselves and stay fit which maybe you don't, doesn't mean you can celebrate when they are blocked. The chances of a runner or a cyclist giving you covid while you hide inside your house is pretty minimal.

These restrictions are to try and stop the idiots meeting up to play football in parks, not stop people from going for a long run. Unfortunately the people in the latter group will be collateral damage, and it's going to be a sad time for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Poor Miriam on the late late show. Hope they disinfected the chair Ryan sat in last week.

You can disinfect, but you ll never get rid of the fart smell

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

The open water swimmers will be livid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭hawkwing

That segment was filmed in September
    Like most things on the LL,not live

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Anyone know if the list of essential services is up anywhere? I'm a courier and am hoping to still have a job on monday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭con747

New Home wrote: »
    Plus, absolutely every country in the world will be on the same boat economy-wise.

Not China:rolleyes:

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    There will come a certain point where the effects of people not being able to work and businesses being shut down will be worse than the virus itself and could result in far more deaths. I'm not sure why people are finding that so hard to understand.

These "lockdowns" cant go on indefinitely, otherwise the whole world is ****ed. At some point most of us will have to accept the risk and try to shield the most vulnerable as much as possible.

The stricter the lockdown the sooner we get out of it the other end, the sooner things can go back to relative normality. Other countries were only starting to do this when **** really with the fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

You can disinfect, but you ll never get rid of the fart smell

True that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Can people not leave their f*cking running for two weeks and show more concern to the people who are dying of this sh*t?

Why the **** are people getting so caught up the red herring of people out exercising? How is it any different than those out walking?

Everyone needs to cop the **** on with getting the "red" scare over airports and runners. Headcases.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I agree. A month at the outside, then we will have to start getting back to normal, albeit with some social distancing

Cycles of lockdown then temporary reprieve? It's like a trap. If we release, we're screwed. If we choke society, economy dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Can people not leave their f*cking running for two weeks and show more concern to the people who are dying of this sh*t?

Why the **** are people getting so caught up the red herring of people out exercising? How is it any different than those out walking?

Everyone needs to cop the **** in and getting the "red" scare over airports and runners. Headcases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

A proper wage and security of contract would be better than a patronising tv programme.

The start was like a Soviet May Day parade

• Registered Users Posts: 35,820 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Can clearly see the spread from Dublin now to surrounding counties. Have they learnt nothing from Wuhan! Lock down Dublin, and save lives !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭careless sherpa

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    This is my point. If it's just another round of recommendations it's meaningless. Those who have been ignoring already will continue to do so unless there's actual real restrictions.

Fines ... That is about the only thing that works with people. Nasty heavy fines

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

how about just obeying the instructions from our elected government

Would that be the one which wasn't elected? Leo barely won his seat and Regina actually lost hers. It's an unelected junta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

hmmm wrote: »
    Could we maybe stop with the triumphalism about blocking people going on long runs or cycles? Just because there are some people who try to better themselves and stay fit which maybe you don't, doesn't mean you can celebrate when they are blocked. The chances of a runner or a cyclist giving you covid while you hide inside your house is pretty minimal.

These restrictions are to try and stop the idiots meeting up to play football in parks, not stop people from going for a long run. Unfortunately the people in the latter group will be collateral damage, and it's going to be a sad time for them.

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

woohoo!!! wrote: »
    Essential list to be published tomorrow. Don't know why they just can't do it now

Clearly reading the expert opinions of posters in this thread to amend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

If you work in a non medical role in a hospital, do you have to continue to go to work or stay home?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭careless sherpa

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    This is my point. If it's just another round of recommendations it's meaningless. Those who have been ignoring already will continue to do so unless there's actual real restrictions.

Fines ... That is about the only thing that works with people. Nasty heavy fines

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

What map is the woman on about? Is it only at county level or more refined?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

The bit about exercising only 2km from home is disappointing - the last few days, the kids and I have driven into east Clare and walked in woodlands - nothing scenic, but the point is that they're deserted.

If people in urban areas obey the 2km restriction, it will actually cause a bit of congregation.

I suppose it's to stop people from using exercise as an excuse to go wherever they want....but realistically, who's going to be stopping and asking people.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭deaglan1

I know it's The Sun but
    https://t.co/8MEGxEtntP

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Drastic measures for drastic times.

Exercise = 2km loop around the block or use one of these in the back garden
    96_p92896_8291238.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Anyone know if the list of essential services is up anywhere? I'm a courier and am hoping to still have a job on monday
    Will be available tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

If you work in a non medical role in a hospital, do you have to continue to go to work or stay home?

WOrk as you are essential in running the hospital

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement