Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XI - 2,615 in ROI (46 deaths) 410 in NI (21 deaths)(29/03)*OP upd 28/03*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

Rotweiler wrote: »
    You can check the cyclist subforums and see their real drama just because they can not cycle...
    Jesus.

I'd sooner spit in my shoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

mattser wrote: »
    Does it apply to building sites ?
    Not clear. There will be a list, which has not been published yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭dasdog

Speak Now wrote: »
    So I leave my house, turn left and run 2km. Then I turn and run back to my house and do 2km in other direction. That's 5 miles Paddy when I get back home, hardly beyond the wit of man!

Open google maps - right click, select "Measure Distance" - choose your start and end points. Within 2km can only mean as the crow flies so a 2km radius of where you live.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

The country needs to go back to work with restrictions lifted on april 14 regardless. at that stage the damage caused by fighting the virus, will be greater than the virus itself.

I know the country has to get back to work and get back up running, but that's not going to happen, the virus will still be here. We need draconian measures to deal with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    A cold weekend forecast.

Night frosts and cool days.

Remember the halcyon days when we used to talk incessantly about storms and Brexit

It seems like years ago that the election happened and it was only 7 weeks ago. Even the humming and hawing over the Paddy's Day parade going ahead seems like an age ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Tandey

Speak Now wrote: »
    Rake of divorces more like.

You’ve to wait 2 years for that here.

I'd say the main thing the Government is trying to restrict with the 2km exercise radius is people driving to beaches, parks, woods for exercise rather than just going for a walk or run from their own front door. It makes a lot of sense in that regard. If we got too technical on it is it 2km as the crow flies or the farthest path you can take that is 2km.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

The last set of restrictions were until April 19th, if I remember???So he either continues these ones til then, and does a big review then, or they lift these ones back to the "lighter" ones, to continue til the 19th anyway...and does the review then.
    I would expect a couple of weeks to be tagged on after April 19th, although how restrictive they will be, I am not certain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

statesaver wrote: »
    FFS, they make medial equipment for sick people, of course they will stay open, Jesus

Yep, there's been some stupid posts here but his is a doozy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

You learn something new every day, today I learned that lots in this thread missed the ‘radius’ class in school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Holohan playing a stormer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Basically Wuhan restrictions. Probably about time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Downlinz

Rotweiler wrote: »
    You can check the cyclist subforums and see their real drama just because they can not cycle...
    Jesus.

Same ****e as the pub goers a few weeks ago, there's a certain portion of society who cannot accept any level of inconvenience or sacrifice. It's disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

So in the summertime will flies transmit the virus?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,124 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I can’t find it anywhere . If someone is cocooned can they go for a short walk outside ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

billyhead wrote: »
    I know him. He's a sound chap. Shame there are Muppets out there that criticise him especially those protestors that were outside his house.

Are you talking about Simon Harris? I'm not scrolling back on pages. He's not in my constituency so I was never able to vote for him but I always liked him. I still do.

I remember that from about 2 years ago or so. Protesters turning up outside his home and I think his wife wasn't long after having a baby at the time. Despicable turning up outside his home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

We're gonna have a new mutation of the "I want a ****ing lockdown now" poster. This mutation will now focus their efforts on demanding that the lockdown be extended beyond Easter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

So will all those jobs gone tonight be getting €350 per week? 150k construction jobs gone for starters.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

I know the country has to get back to work and get back up running, but that's not going to happen, the virus will still be here. We need draconian measures to deal with this.

We do need draconian measures, and we will have those until April 12th!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

xabi wrote: »
    You learn something new every day, today I learned that lots in this thread missed the ‘radius’ class in school.

I think reading comprehension as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Sarah491

Sisters company just text her saying they are an essential service being a call centre for a mobile phone provider

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭JTMan

The RTE website is confusing with this sentence:

"- To travel to and from work for the purposes of work only where the work is an essential health, social care or other essential service or cannot be done from home".

Implies that any service even non-essential, if it cannot be done from home, then you can travel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Won’t be released tonight

Who said? I've a colleague going to work tomorrow morning who needs to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Can people not leave their f*cking running for two weeks and show more concern to the people who are dying of this sh*t?

What's the big concern with running if they stay away from others
    More people are you g to the shops than going running

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

So in the summertime will flies transmit the virus?

With suncream melting off the face, you'd be more inclined to wipe and touch your face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭timmy_mallet

Logan Roy wrote: »
    This annoys me. If it's going to be only two weeks then great, but if there's no hope it will be then don't say two weeks and just tell us the truth. People need to be educated with more than just "flatten the curve" at this stage.

Correct. If we see x% in y days, then we start opening this. But you're right. They're terrified. This path is to total devastation. Hundreds of millions of lives destroyed to save a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,604 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Multipass wrote: »
    If I have to walk the dog within 2km of my house I’ll soon be dead by SUV

Let sleeping dogs lie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭growleaves

I'd sooner spit in my shoe.

Please quarantine your shoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I’m happy about the exercise within 2km of ur home. The local walk near me has always been quiet but was fierce busy the last 2 weeks with people you would have never seen there before and they were the same people obstructing the pathway and making it difficult to keep the 2 meter distance. One pr*ck tonight was stood stopped in the middle looking at the bushes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

ITman88 wrote: »
    I’m curious to what the approach will be as we near that date.

The virus will still be rampant but a hard decision may be required of Leo

Bad news in small doses is easier to take that bad news in a large chunk.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement