Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XI - 2,615 in ROI (46 deaths) 410 in NI (21 deaths)(29/03)*OP upd 28/03*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭CaoinDory

Won’t be released tonight

Hubby is a truck driver in a quarry. Will he be essential? They are doing lots of lime right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Don't walk the dog then

😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭Comhrá

paddythere wrote: »
    Yea I was actually warning people about this virus on january but this 2km thing is ****ing stupid

Where the Hell were you when your country needed you? Pass on your wisdom to the authorities immediately and show them where they're going wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Or maybe just pictures to illustrate the point.

I see an opening for tv, "Coming up after the break, News for the thick".

Beasty wrote: »
    Do not post in this thread again

He gets banned for voicing an opinion that you know will be shared by a large percentage of the population??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

How long can we keep this up before the public coffers run dry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

growleaves wrote: »
    Please quarantine your shoe.

It's not an old shoe ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭hawkwing

You could always let your car run out of fuel about 5 miles from home or from a filling station,and run/walk there and back with a fuel can in your hand and surely you would not get jail:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭woohoo!!!

Essential list to be published tomorrow. Don't know why they just can't do it now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭timmy_mallet

What's the big concern with running if they stay away from others
    More people are you g to the shops than going running

It's an absurd concern about exercisers. Jealousy, "left wingers", etc. They know it's not a risk, they just feel belittled by people exercising so lash out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Logan Roy wrote: »
    We're gonna have a new mutation of the "I want a ****ing lockdown now" poster. This mutation will now focus their efforts on demanding that the lockdown be extended beyond Easter.

Not at all helpful. Sad posting in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,313 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Basically Wuhan restrictions. Probably about time.

Eh no.

They weren't allowed out at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭billyhead

fin12 wrote: »
    I’m happy about the exercise within 2km of ur home. The local walk near me has always been quiet but was fierce busy the last 2 weeks with people you would have never seen there before and they were the same people obstructing the pathway and making it difficult to keep the 2 meter distance. One pr*ck tonight was stood stopped in the middle looking at the bushes.

Looking at the bushes:):) some header balls out their

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

That's really annoying though and ridiculous. How are they possibly gonna enforce it: stop people in the middle of a jog and ask them how far away they live?
    I'm all for restrictions but I wont be changing my jogging routines

Jog on then.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭billyhead

fin12 wrote: »
    I’m happy about the exercise within 2km of ur home. The local walk near me has always been quiet but was fierce busy the last 2 weeks with people you would have never seen there before and they were the same people obstructing the pathway and making it difficult to keep the 2 meter distance. One pr*ck tonight was stood stopped in the middle looking at the bushes.

Looking at the bushes:):) some header balls out their

• Registered Users Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭growleaves

The RTE website is confusing with this sentence:

"- To travel to and from work for the purposes of work only where the work is an essential health, social care or other essential service or cannot be done from home".

Implies that any service even non-essential, if it cannot be done from home, then you can travel.

From a strictly grammatical POV you are correct but in the context of the sentence its fairly clear what is meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Coyote

It's been fine to jog 5 miles away for the last few weeks and it's fine to do it in every other country that is allowing exercise. It's a stupid nonsensical restriction

The level of spoil entitlement from some people is unbelievable
    I have spend the last two weeks locked in the same room, today was the first time outside in nearly 13 day and where did i get to go?
    I had the fun of driving to a test center to be met by people in hazmat suits to stick a swab so far up my noise it felt like they were checking the inside of my brain.
    now i have at least 3-5 days to find out if i have it. so other 5 days minimum stuck in the same room not able to talk to anyone face to face for two weeks.
    I believe i'm nearly over what ever i had but have to wait till 5 days minimum from the last symptoms if it is covid19 so that's probable going to be 7 day at least.

Your country is asking to to not risk making yourself or other sick and all you can think about is not having to change you run!!!

Coyote

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The Dark Knight

What's the big concern with running if they stay away from others
    More people are you g to the shops than going running

Because ever runner is obviously not as carefully as you. Why don't people realise we're in a crises and we have to make some sacrifices.
    You need clear rules for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Don't walk the dog then

Yeah I’ll just let him roam around like the rest of the neighbourhood 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Not much social distancing by the Army Band!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭timmy_mallet

Not at all helpful. Sad posting in fact.

As I said, the lockdown fetishists are Brexit lovers. Trump lovers. Not happy until the world is burned to the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Social distancing on the late late intro there??

Whoops filmed in September

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sheepsh4gger

IMHO this martial law business is excessive. It will cause more damage to people's lives than anything. It's literally the soviet union collapsing again. I bet if you're a gangster nobody will bother you, the cops only bother people they aren't afraid of.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Is that live on the Late Late Show?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Akabusi

I hope what I'm seeing on the late late is something from months ago.

Edit: Ah it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Speak Now wrote: »
    So I leave my house, turn left and run 2km. Then I turn and run back to my house and do 2km in other direction. That's 5 miles Paddy when I get back home, hardly beyond the wit of man!

And that Sir is exactly what I'm going to do from Sunday morning!

Little evidence of 2m spacing on late late opening sequence

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

Akabusi wrote: »
    I hop what I'm seeing on the late late is something from months ago.

Tis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Social distancing on the late late intro there??

Was recorded a good while back, old clip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

That intro was from September, calm down people

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement