Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XI - 2,615 in ROI (46 deaths) 410 in NI (21 deaths)(29/03)*OP upd 28/03*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Ah, she explains it was from September.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

YFlyer wrote: »
    Is that live on the Late Late Show?

No done last September

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

That segment was filmed in September

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,094 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Speak Now wrote: »
    Oh and Kudos to Boards for not crashing :D
    We had a bit of a problem, but a swift wield of the ban hammer sorted that out quite quickly and normal service was resumed....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

ArielAtom wrote: »
    Holohan playing a stormer.

After a shaky start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,174 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

There will come a certain point where the effects of people not being able to work and businesses being shut down will be worse than the virus itself and could result in far more deaths. I'm not sure why people are finding that so hard to understand.

These "lockdowns" cant go on indefinitely, otherwise the whole world is ****ed. At some point most of us will have to accept the risk and try to shield the most vulnerable as much as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Social distancing on the late late intro there??

Whoops filmed in September

I jumped the gun as well....lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,138 ✭✭✭con747

Correct. If we see x% in y days, then we start opening this. But you're right. They're terrified. This path is to total devastation. Hundreds of millions of lives destroyed to save a few.

Save a "Few" open your eyes and HOPE your family don't endure what others will. It's not all about economies and money now!

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Shn99 wrote: »
    That intro was from September, calm down people

Lol was just about to kick off myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,568 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I can’t find it anywhere . If someone is cocooned can they go for a short walk outside ?

Only within their own gardens, if they have one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

2 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 8

5 miles = 8km :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,485 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

IMHO this martial law business is excessive. It will cause more damage to people's lives than anything. It's literally the soviet union collapsing again. I bet if you're a gangster nobody will bother you, the cops only bother people they aren't afraid of.

Agreed - Things (personally) were ticking along nicely - Family WhatsApp group ratty now for no reason etc.

I suppose the thing is, people just weren’t taking suggestions seriously enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,313 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

People just love to criticise straight away.

**** sake lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sheepsh4gger

The US president is speaking now:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vck3reyFEz0

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Poor Miriam on the late late show. Hope they disinfected the chair Ryan sat in last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

The virus is being spread among the community and will continue to do so.

It is easier to account for the whereabouts of the people in your household, and although you may have friends and family members you trust, so do they and it then becomes diluted. There will be one single break in the chain where someone gets infected and all those in that trust circle eventually become infected.

The goal is to keep the virus in every single household and to let it die within each household.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭billyhead

Social distancing on the late late intro there??

Whoops filmed in September

Don't think Leo was 2 meters away from the person beside him on photo op today at a food distributors.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    There will come a certain point where the effects of people not being able to work and businesses being shut down will be worse than the virus itself and could result in far more deaths. I'm not sure why people are finding that so hard to understand.

These "lockdowns" cant go on indefinitely, otherwise the whole world is ****ed. At some point most of us will have to accept the risk and try to shield the most vulnerable as much as possible.

I agree. A month at the outside, then we will have to start getting back to normal, albeit with some social distancing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Multipass wrote: »
    Yeah I’ll just let him roam around like the rest of the neighbourhood 🙄

Because that's obviously what I was suggesting. Either follow the restrictions or don't walk your dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,614 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

3thzyrkfcxe31.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

I think realistically after 2 weeks, maybe 3-4 if things take a bit longer to turn for the better, we will swap back to what we were doing up until today and "cocooning". This and intensive contract tracing and self isolating.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

How long can we keep this up before the public coffers run dry?

We will borrow. Every country will. Interest rates are low. There's plenty of money we can take from the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Eh no.

They weren't allowed out at all.

I think one person per house was allowed shop in Wuhan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

He gets banned for voicing an opinion that you know will be shared by a large percentage of the population??

He was blatantly saying he is going to break the rule regarding the 2km.

Not a time to be encouraging breaking the rules that are there to keep all of us safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Im glad there is a lockdown I like many have very vunerable people in my family, cancer, CF, immunosupresses, other respiratory illnesses, and if by sitting on couch for however long means I am looking at them at Christmas or whenever this is over well pass me the remote because it will be worth it.

I have a small garden and I will gladly walk, jog, cycle, run in a circle in it, if it means them or people like them are alive at the end of this

• Registered Users Posts: 14,368 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

People just love to criticise straight away.

**** sake lads.

Yeah. Harris, Coveney and Varadkar just taking the piss. They obviously don't give a sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

Yes, but it has worked in other places, go full out for a short time rather than stay in a strangling stalemate for months or years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

5 miles = 8km :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Fair play - I didn't see that coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Anyone know if people required to cocoon (ie. they must self-isolate) due to an existing medical condition are entitled to apply for enhanced illness benefit? The guidelines on CI say "You are entitled to Illness Benefit if you have been medically advised to self-isolate." Would this fall under that category?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    We will borrow. Every country will. Interest rates are low. There's plenty of money we can take from the future.

Plus, absolutely every country in the world will be on the same boat economy-wise.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement