Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-vaxxers

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Big Gerry wrote: »
    Vaxtard because they question authority ?
    They question science and mathematics with bluster as evidence

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

It no secret that there is a revolving door between pharma companies and the FDA.

The FDA doesn't even think US citizens should be allowed to import drugs from Canada because of "safety".
    Waffle aside, have you an actual source for that quote or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Big Gerry

you know there are other drug regulators apart from the FDA? are the all in cahoots with Big Pharma?

The FDA is the most important one.

Here and in other countries the regulators get funding from pharma companies.

Waffle aside, have you an actual source for that quote or not?

Yes Merck CEO Ken Frazier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Apart from a meme on the interweb, are there any actual sources for this quote so we have some context?

Context here

https://www.nytimes.com/1977/03/14/archives/demoralized-fda-struggles-to-cope-some-top-jobs-remain-unfilled-at.html

I fail to see why a quote from 1969 has any relevence to vaccinies today?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I think each Vaccine should be taking on a case by case basis and the benefits and risks carefully weighed up.

They are. The research shows the benefits outweigh the risks. That's how it's already done.

But you seem to believe that we should automatically take whatever vaccine the "experts" tell us too because they are right 100% of the time:rolleyes:

You understand the system of peer review? I do, that's what I trust. Not what some expert says.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 13,078 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

No, because they lie, like your Herbert Ley image. He only said part of that quote.

I think each Vaccine should be taking on a case by case basis and the benefits and risks carefully weighed up.
    This has been explained to you at length. This happens - perhaps not the way YOU want it to happen, but that doesn't really matter

But you seem to believe that we should automatically take whatever vaccine the "experts" tell us too because they are right 100% of the time:rolleyes:

No, I think YOU are a vaxtard, just randomly dumping links from anti-vax sites.

rawn wrote: »
    Context here

https://www.nytimes.com/1977/03/14/archives/demoralized-fda-struggles-to-cope-some-top-jobs-remain-unfilled-at.html

I fail to see why a quote from 1969 has any relevence to vaccinies today?

Its not about Vaccines per say but the regulators.

If you think the FDAs only concern is to look out for the consumer you are sadly mistaken.

Brian? wrote: »
    They are. The research shows the benefits outweigh the risks. That's how it's already done.

You can't make a blanket statement like that each vaccine has it own pros and cons.

You understand the system of peer review? I do, that's what I trust. Not what some expert says.

Yeah and its never wrong just look at Vioxx.

Also I would only take a peer review author seriously if they have no competing interests.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Its not about Vaccines per say but the regulators.

If you think the FDAs only concern is to look out for the consumer you are sadly mistaken.

Em... This is an Irish forum.
    You can't make a blanket statement like that each vaccine has it own pros and cons.

Why not actually provide an argument instead of insipid antivaxxer aphorisms such as the above.

Do you know what happened with Vioxx or are you just putting in the absolute minimum of effort here?
    YAlso I would only take a peer review author seriously if they have no competing interests.

And yet millionaire antivaxxers are to be treated as infallible.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭paul71

By "anti vaxxer" do you mean people who question vaccine safety ?

Yes the idiots who decide unproven safety issues are more important than the proven fact that vaccines save hundreds of millions of lives.

Why not actually provide an argument instead of insipid antivaxxer aphorisms such as the above.

Do you know what happened with Vioxx or are you just putting in the absolute minimum of effort here?

And yet millionaire antivaxxers are to be treated as infallible.

Who said I oppose vaccines.

All I see is "antivaxxer" this and "antivaxxer" that.

Its like calling someone a "racist" in order to shut down any legitimate concerns.

When you have to call people names you have no real argument.

Most Vaccines etc first have to be "FDA approved" before they make it on to world market.

Also regulatory authorities around the world take their lead from the FDA.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Most Vaccines etc first have to be "FDA approved" before they make it on to world market.

Do you have sources for both of these claims?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

Vaccines or any medicine for that matter do not have to be approved first in the US. You only need approval in the country you intend to sell in.

Some countries automatically give approval if FDA approval is in place (Canada i think). There isn't harmonisation of regulatory requirements for drug approval across the world yet but it is an aim of the industry and hopefully it happens sooner rather than later.

No they don't. the European Medicine's Agency, the Chinese, and Russian are entirely independant of the FDA and conduct their own reviews by their own staff with NO input from the FDA.

jh79 wrote: »
    Vaccines or any medicine for that matter do not have to be approved first in the US. You only need approval in the country you intend to sell in.

Some countries automatically give approval if FDA approval is in place (Canada i think). There isn't harmonisation of regulatory requirements for drug approval across the world yet but it is an aim of the industry and hopefully it happens sooner rather than later.

I never said they did just that FDA is the most important regulatory agency in the world.

And that most medical products success rests on "FDA approval".

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭mountai

Big Jerry , when you get the " Medical Stormtroopers " on these pages supporting comments such as this ,

"Just posting in this thread again to say fucck anti-vaxxers "

Then you know the mentality that you are dealing with .

mountai wrote: »
    Big Jerry , when you get the " Medical Stormtroopers " on these pages supporting comments such as this ,

Jerry arrived in and started posting out of context quotes that weren't even accurate...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

There is questioning and then there is taking an anti approach and refusing to budge even when facts are presented.
    You will be glad to hear that they are.
    Who should we believe then, the peer reviewed papers, the hundreds if not thousands of scientists involved in their producrion, the studies that are open to review (one case I know of where data was covered over and this was found out in after market surveillance, (not Vioxx by the way)because even when someone circumvents the system, it still works thanks to checks and balances). Your saying every one of these people is in on it and Mary form Dublin 4 who recently had a revelation after youtube brought her to a carefully edited youtube videos
    Yes you can, it is factual although misleading as to get to market, the pros must outweight the cons significantly.
    Notihng is "never wrong", Vioxx was a confounding effort to f*ck up, again and again. It took longer than it should but the system worked, even if it was delayed.
    Also I would only take a peer review author seriously if they have no competing interests.
    A peer reviewer author would be unlikely ot have their paper published if they do, most journals will refuse, others will take the potential bias into account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Jerry arrived in and started posting out of context quotes that weren't even accurate...
    You'll get the same crap of Mountai .

They're called vaxtards for a reason.

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

mountai wrote: »

The committed anti-vaxer is back spouting rubbish again. As I stated before a medical storm-trooper is someone with an education beyond the book of genesis. The simple fact is YOU are alive today because at least one of your ancestors had their life saved by a vaccine as with everyone who has posted on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,800 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

"regulators" lol as if they are not compromised or have competing interests.

I didn't expect anything but a lazy generalisation and appeal to motive

CramCycle wrote: »
    There is questioning and then there is taking an anti approach and refusing to budge even when facts are presented.

You will be glad to hear that they are.

Who should we believe then, the peer reviewed papers, the hundreds if not thousands of scientists involved in their producrion, the studies that are open to review (one case I know of where data was covered over and this was found out in after market surveillance, (not Vioxx by the way)because even when someone circumvents the system, it still works thanks to checks and balances). Your saying every one of these people is in on it and Mary form Dublin 4 who recently had a revelation after youtube brought her to a carefully edited youtube videos

Yes you can, it is factual although misleading as to get to market, the pros must outweight the cons significantly.

Notihng is "never wrong", Vioxx was a confounding effort to f*ck up, again and again. It took longer than it should but the system worked, even if it was delayed.

A peer reviewer author would be unlikely ot have their paper published if they do, most journals will refuse, others will take the potential bias into account.

Sorry but that's complete nonsense its very hard to find a peer review paper in the US were the Doctors don't have a financial relationship with at least one pharmaceutical companies.

Vioxx was not a "f**k up" it was corporate manslaughter on a massive scale.

Merck should no longer even exist after that horrific scandal.

I would question the integrity of Doctors who have any connection with that company.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

I never said they did just that FDA is the most important regulatory agency in the world.

And that most medical products success rests on "FDA approval".

The most important is whichever has the best market for your product.

Sorry but that's complete nonsense its very hard to find a peer review paper in the US were the Doctors don't have a financial relationship with at least one pharmaceutical companies.

No, it isn't.
    I would question the integrity of Doctors who had any connection with that company.

Not all Doctors are connected to Merck.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 17,800 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

They'll be first in line when a Covid-19 vaccine comes out. There isn't going to be much patience for their denial and woo after this.

No, it isn't.

Not all Doctors are connected to Merck.

I happen to have read a few papers in my time and I was blinded by the amount of connections Doctors had to the drug companies.

One Doctor who over saw a study had got 50k dollars just from one pharmaceutical company.

But I'm sure hes 100% impartial:rolleyes:

I never said all Doctors were connected to Merck.

But I see Merck's name come up a lot when I look at "declared payments" to some US Doctors who were in charge of certain studies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Thousands of doctors and medical scientists are involved a vast global conspiracy to conceal the dangers of vaccines and not one whistle-blower yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The "vaxtards" work on a variation of the premise the IRA used to put forward.

"Vaccines need to be 100% safe and successful every time, we only need one that isn't to look like we're right"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement