Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-vaxxers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭VicMackey1

hcf500 wrote: »
    So can we really trust the largest drug licencing administration in the world?

It's more likely that they licenced the drug because they felt that the benefits would outweigh the risks. I doubt it had anything to do with pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭hcf500

Can we really trust people pushing the anti-vaxx agenda without a shred of evidence?

Was that an answer to my question? To answer your question, no we cant trust them either. From what I can tell the FDA has licenced a drug without evidence and that "might prove to be seriously destructive to a lot of people" (quoting a pro vaxxer here that is very careful to follow the evidence)

So can we trust the FDA or not?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,734 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Was that an answer to my question? To answer your question, no we cant trust them either. From what I can tell the FDA has licenced a drug without evidence and that "might prove to be seriously destructive to a lot of people" (quoting a pro vaxxer here that is very careful to follow the evidence)

So can we trust the FDA or not?

So, one poor decision and the whole thing is suddenly irredeemable? We wouldn't have the police, hospitals, schools, governments, banks, companies or local authorities if we adhered to this puritanical line of thinking.

Public authorities such as the FDA should be held accountable for their decisions, same as anyone else. That's my answer.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Review of that drug trial. Too many variables for a tiny sample size. No randomisation.

If the medical community were convinced there'd be a lot more trials happening right now.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2020/03/28/coronavirus_hydroxychloroquine_azithromycin/
    The patients were of different ages, were affected by the illness to different degrees, and treated at different hospitals in France in three groups. Six of the test subjects, one of which died, did not even complete the experiment.

The journal-published study began some time in “early March” and ended on March 16. Out of the 42 patients, six were asymptomatic, 22 had upper respiratory tract infection symptoms, and eight had lower respiratory tract infection symptoms. The patients were as young as ten and as old as 85.

The trials were cut short for the aforementioned six who were given hydroxychloroquine only. Three of the six had worsened enough that they required intensive care, one died, one got too sick from the drug, and the other decided to leave hospital. In the end, the hydroxychloroquine group dwindled to just 20 patients instead of the initial 26.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,006 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Christ on a crutch. Are antivaxers still a thing? Really?.... I mean REALLY???!!!!! Jesus F**king Christ.

Y'know what, fingers crossed, sometime in the future, there will be a vaccine for Covid-19. Give it to those who want it These dangerous lunatic antivaxers, they don't want to take it? Good f**king riddance. Just f**k off to an island somewhere where your ignorant, "brain"washed, riddled little self can't affect others who genuinely cannot take the vaccine for other f**king reasons.

We can set you up with Broadband so you can continue to get your "facts" and "news" from Facebook and Youtube and Glen Beck and fox"news".

I'm sure it was posted before but:
    1xTnD1F.jpg?1

If I come across as angry it's because I am. They are not responsible for this of course but enough is enough. Vaccinate, don't vaccinate. Your choice. If you don't then f**k off where you can only infect eachother. There are plenty of places on this flat earth of ours. Just follow the chem trails to the promised land where medical science need never affect you again.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Christ on a crutch. Are antivaxers still a thing? Really?.... I mean REALLY???!!!!! Jesus F**king Christ.

Y'know what, fingers crossed, sometime in the future, there will be a vaccine for Covid-19. Give it to those who want it These dangerous lunatic antivaxers, they don't want to take it? Good f**king riddance. Just f**k off to an island somewhere where your ignorant, "brain"washed, riddled little self can't affect others who genuinely cannot take the vaccine for other f**king reasons.

We can set you up with Broadband so you can continue to get your "facts" and "news" from Facebook and Youtube and Glen Beck and fox"news".

I'm sure it was posted before but:
    1xTnD1F.jpg?1

If I come across as angry it's because I am. They are not responsible for this of course but enough is enough. Vaccinate, don't vaccinate. Your choice. If you don't then f**k off where you can only infect eachother. There are plenty of places on this flat earth of ours. Just follow the chem trails to the promised land where medical science need never affect you again.....

The thing is, most anti-vaxers ARE vaccinated. They choose not to vaccinate their kids so they're the ones that suffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Big Gerry

So can we really trust the largest drug licencing administration in the world?

Generally speaking these drug regulatory bodies are very slow off the mark to do anything when the the dangers of certain medical products become apparent.

Even in Ireland we had the health products regulatory authority defending the swine flu vaccine after it caused people to get narcolepsy.

Accutane is another example of how drug regulatory bodies sat on their hands while people who used the drug were committing suicide.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,800 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Big Gerry wrote: »
    Generally speaking these drug regulatory bodies

A handful of isolated issues out of thousands of medicines and medical treatments used by hundreds of millions is very different from there being a systemic issue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

If Anti vaxers don't want to vaccinate their precious petri dish's.

Then they shouldn't be entitled to any form of free medical care, They should be forced to pay for medical care with no access to medical insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

In certain schools in New York they are barring non-vaccinated kids from school admision. Its a particular problem amongst the orthodox-Jewish community.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,086 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

rawn wrote: »
    The thing is, most anti-vaxers ARE vaccinated. They choose not to vaccinate their kids so they're the ones that suffer.

Consider that, when and if there's an approved Covid-19 vaccine, anti-vaxxer parents will be faced with the decision to vaccinate themselves for a change.

It'll be a big blow to their non-movement. It's one thing when you're happy that your kid will be the one suffering and possibly dying or becoming disabled due to your decision. It's very different if it's yourself, especially the massively narcissistic luddites that are anti-vaxxers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭deirdre_dub

Pharmaceutical companies make far more money from the drugs that treat illness than from the vaccines that prevent illness. I'm not normally a conspiracy nut, but if anyone is behind anti-vax it's big pharma. Their vaccines are just too good. Who else has something to gain when diseases we conquered come back?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,734 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Pharmaceutical companies make far more money from the drugs that treat illness than from the vaccines that prevent illness. I'm not normally a conspiracy nut, but if anyone is behind anti-vax it's big pharma. Their vaccines are just too good. Who else has something to gain when diseases we conquered come back?

That's ridiculous. Big Pharma are the ones making vaccines and if there's going to be one for SARS-COV-2 then they will be a crucial and integral part of making that happen.

It's obvious who is behind anti-vax. The crooked doctors, Wakefield and parasites like Jim Carry and Robert de Niro who care only about themselves.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

That's ridiculous. Big Pharma are the ones making vaccines and if there's going to be one for SARS-COV-2 then they will be a crucial and integral part of making that happen.

It's obvious who is behind anti-vax. The crooked doctors, Wakefield and parasites like Jim Carry and Robert de Niro who care only about themselves.

Don’t forget big supplement and big homeopath. Growing lucrative industries,

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Ipso wrote: »
    Don’t forget big supplement and big homeopath. Growing lucrative industries,

heh, fruity piss and a "memory of fruity" piss :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,549 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

That's ridiculous.

I presume that was the joke. Play the nutters at their own game, make a suggestion that is so ridiculous and still find that it isn't the craziest idea in the room.

CramCycle wrote: »
    I presume that was the joke. Play the nutters at their own game, make a suggestion that is so ridiculous and still find that it isn't the craziest idea in the room.

Ah I see. Like saying that Tornadoes are a Democrat conspiracy to eliminate rural Republican voters.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,549 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Ah I see. Like saying that Tornadoes are a Democrat conspiracy to eliminate rural Republican voters.

Exactly, Democrats are inventing climate change to hide the fact that they are actually generating worse weather in states where the voters are typically republican. Its what Weekly World News used to be like only that was at least lightly entertaining and not a danger to anyone even if you beleved what they said.

#ElvisLives

• Registered Users Posts: 34,245 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

They always aim them straight at trailer parks, too.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭hcf500

Trump has financial interest in hydroxychloroquine. No wonder he pushed the FDA to licence it!

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-reportedly-has-financial-interest-in-hydroxychloroquine-manufacturer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭VicMackey1

Trump has financial interest in hydroxychloroquine. No wonder he pushed the FDA to licence it!

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-reportedly-has-financial-interest-in-hydroxychloroquine-manufacturer

Surprise surprise, pure trash coming from the New York Times as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭saneman

VicMackey1 wrote: »
    Surprise surprise, pure trash coming from the New York Times as usual

Not quite, he appears to have a financial connection to the company involved, albeit small:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/us/politics/coronavirus-trump-malaria-drug.html
    "Mr. Trump himself has a small personal financial interest in Sanofi, the French drugmaker that makes Plaquenil, the brand-name version of hydroxychloroquine"

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-small-financial-ties-hydroxychloroquine-coronavirus-drug-maker-2020-4?r=US&IR=T
    "Business Insider followed the paper trail and concluded that the holding has a maximum value of around $1,300, only slightly larger than similar holdings by Trump funds in Google parent Alphabet, FedEx, and the French bank BNP Paribas."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭paul71

Correct, like my theory that moonrocks brought back by the Apollo missions cause autism.

Its as valid a point as anything the anti-vaxxers have come up with.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Interesting article on how some people seem to think there is a link between 5G and CV-19...
    Why do people spread the 5G conspiracy theory?
    Mentions of a link between Covid-19 and 5G have increased on social media
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/why-do-people-spread-the-5g-conspiracy-theory-1.4228030

Interesting article on how some people seem to think there is a link between 5G and CV-19...
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/why-do-people-spread-the-5g-conspiracy-theory-1.4228030

Gotta stay relevant I suppose.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

you're adding to it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,006 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Anti-vaxxers promoting a lunatic, dangerous, ill-informed, under-researched and widely-debunked crackpot theory based on an "expert"/"inside source" (unnamed to save his life of course)/"scientist" who uses circular "logic" to prove his argument..... on youtube???!!!???!!!

Say it ain't so.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Bill Gates has a financial interest in Vaccines too but nobody ever questions that.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Covid-19 is alleged to suppress oxygen intake and 5g is also alleged to suppress oxygen intake. this is where the connection comes from.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Covid-19 is alleged to suppress oxygen intake and 5g is also alleged to suppress oxygen intake. this is where the connection comes from.
    What scientific journal was that published in?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement