Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunchtime Live with Ciara Kelly [Mod warning post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I don't agree with her on lots of things but she's been great on this.

Also, I think it's admirable she's planning on going to go back working as a doctor while the crisis is ongoing. Here she is with this rotten illness and already thinking about how she can help others. Like her or not, she is doing good.

Sounds like she was a community transmission case...

Yes I listen more to her lately because she is fairly factual on Corona. I'm not a fan of call in shows but at this time it's working well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Luimneach2018

limnam wrote: »
    She has a flu.

It's not like she came on and said she's got the clap.

No, she doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

No, she doesn't.

Type of flu. whatever.

It's not something to be ashamed of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Sorry I'm not her biggest fan, I imagine her home is full of mirrors.

I wouldn't be a big fan either, but she doesn't have to be criticised for absolutely everything she does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

If she goes back to being a doctor does that mean she will (temporarily) leave the radio show...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Type of flu. whatever.

It's really important that people know that this is NOT a type of flu. It shares some symptoms with the flu, but it is not the same thing.

Also there does seem to be some stigma with it, even though there shouldn't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,929 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

If she goes back to being a doctor does that mean she will (temporarily) leave the radio show...

Everyone's a winner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Everyone's a winner

Glad i'm not the only one thinking that. Was feeling slightly guilty about it.

Do you reckon she was sick that Claire Byrne got self isolated first?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Do you reckon she was sick that Claire Byrne got self isolated first?

Nail on the head. Both of them delighted to be part of the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Joe Duffy praising her now. That's good enough for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

She's working while she has Coronavirus, how is ANYONE having a go at her for sharing her experience with this?!

She's a 48 year old healthy woman, she is not in the high risk category. For the vast majority of people who will test positive they will experience flu-like symptoms for a few days and be fine. That's it. Let's not get carried away with her doing 2 hours of radio.

I would suspect she hasn't even started to sdisplay symptoms yet though as I'm not listening I can't verify that.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

sligojoek wrote: »
    Joe Duffy praising her now. That's good enough for me.

Wow, so to speak. High parise indeed from another workaholic.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,525 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

PaulieC wrote: »
    Nail on the head. Both of them delighted to be part of the story.

You are a bitter bitter person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Luimneach2018

Type of flu. whatever.

It's not something to be ashamed of

No it isn't, seriously, educate yourself on this.

And nobody suggested she should be ashamed of this diagnosis?

The poster was saying fair play to her in the context of sharing this with her audience, she is in a unique position as broadcaster and medical professional that has been diagnosed, she would have peen perfectly entitled to keep this to herself but instead opted to share it with her audience, and perhaps her direct personal experience can be useful in terms of talking to her audience about this.

No it isn't, seriously, educate yourself on this.

And nobody suggested she should be ashamed of this diagnosis?

The poster was saying fair play to her in the context of sharing this with her audience, she is in a unique position as broadcaster and medical professional that has been diagnosed, she would have peen perfectly entitled to keep this to herself but instead opted to share it with her audience, and perhaps her direct personal experience can be useful in terms of talking to her audience about this.

I don't need to educate myself on naming convention.

whuhan flu, covid 19 , whuhan virus whatever

All you need to be concerned about is I'm doing all the right things. Not what I decide to call it.

Listening to this guy with Social anxiety.

If he hates going out so much, why does he not get organised with a bank account so he can get his pension paid into it?
    Why does he not get internet so he can order things online?
    :confused:

She's on the Joe show now

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

You can guarantee anyone who is bitching about her would be the very ones to announce that they have COVID-19 so they can claim to be an expert on it.

Bitter, bitter fools. I can guarantee a lot of listeners would take comfort from the show today.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,598 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Wasn't she on Off The Ball the other day? Was that on the phone?

Anyway, she's been great during this. Bitching about her for the way she's handled any of this is straight up weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BillyBird

Nope, she said she'd continue her important work on radio

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

I'm not even convinced she has covid-19, the media tells so many fcukin lies on a daily basis that nothing would surprise me. They'll do anything and everything they can to milk a story and generate publicity.

So I wish Ciara and her family well if she has the virus, but I'm taking her diagnosis with a pinch of salt.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I'm not even convinced she has covid-19, the media tells so many fcukin lies on a daily basis that nothing would surprise me. They'll do anything and everything they can to milk a story and generate publicity.

So I wish Ciara and her family well if she has the virus, but I'm taking her diagnosis with a pinch of salt.

Are you actually suggesting that she is lying about having COVID-19?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

I'm not a great fan of Ciara Kelly but feel she's dealt with this very well. She's using her experience as a doctor to tell people what's rubbish and what's not.

However, it's bugging me that she keeps saying she's broadcasting from the hot press. What size of a fecking hot press has she got????

• Registered Users Posts: 7,285 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

FFS.

What lies do they tell you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭greenpilot

BillyBird wrote: »
    Nope, she said she'd continue her important work on radio

Ha, ha ha.
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha
    Ha ha ha he he he he he he lol.....

Faugheen wrote: »
    Are you actually suggesting that she is lying about having COVID-19?

It's possible, but I can't claim to know one way or the other.

Do you know Ciara personally? Did you carry out her test? Can you confirm she's telling the truth?

FFS.

What lies do they tell you?

Oh none whatsoever, every single thing the media says/writes is 100% accurate don't you know :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

It's possible, but I can't claim to know one way or the other.

Do you know Ciara personally? Did you carry out her test? Can you confirm she's telling the truth?
    It's sensible to have a healthy degree of skepticism about this. It isn't possible to really confirm because of GDPR but I'm sure there's somebody in the HSE who knows whether or not she has it.

A blogger on Instagram said on Sunday that she had all the symptoms. A colleague of mine who knows her personally and has playdates with her kids etc had seen her over the weekend so was very worried that she'd been exposed. The same blogger had photos of herself and the family at the beach early this morning. She said in one post (since removed) that she was keeping distant from her family.

So my thoughts immediately were -
    Why wasn't she self-isolating while awaiting the results?
    Was she lying about the test?

Her followers tripled in the last three days.

On Ciara Kelly, she has been a bastion of inanity and useless information since a few weeks ago. I'm glad she only has a mild dose of it but it really feels like she's trying to "normalise" it in order to show up everyone else who is too sick to work when they have it. Ffs like that's the last thing we need, people killing themselves to get work done when they're supposed to be recovering.

I wonder will she continue doing the show if she needs to be on a ventilator.

It's sensible to have a healthy degree of skepticism about this. It isn't possible to really confirm because of GDPR but I'm sure there's somebody in the HSE who knows whether or not she has it.

A blogger on Instagram said on Sunday that she had all the symptoms. A colleague of mine who knows her personally and has playdates with her kids etc had seen her over the weekend so was very worried that she'd been exposed. The same blogger had photos of herself and the family at the beach early this morning. She said in one post (since removed) that she was keeping distant from her family.

So my thoughts immediately were -
    Why wasn't she self-isolating while awaiting the results?
    Was she lying about the test?

Her followers tripled in the last three days.

On Ciara Kelly, she has been a bastion of inanity and useless information since a few weeks ago. I'm glad she only has a mild dose of it but it really feels like she's trying to "normalise" it in order to show up everyone else who is too sick to work when they have it. Ffs like that's the last thing we need, people killing themselves to get work done when they're supposed to be recovering.

I wonder will she continue doing the show if she needs to be on a ventilator.

I always keep a heathly skepticism when it comes to the media. I think people all too often forget that the media is business like everything else and they need to generate as much publicity and gain as much attention as possible in what is a very crowded market.

And in order to garner that attention the media might just tell the odd little lie here and there, or in some cases loads of lies.

As for Ciara, look quite honestly, I've never been a fan, I think she's a poor host (like plenty of others on Newstalk) and she jumps around for attention like most of them do but again I do sincerely wish her and her family well, if she has the virus.

However, like I said earlier, I wouldn't be at all surprised if this was a stunt, I mean she's not going to get caught out here, she has nothing to lose and probably lots to gain, like Twitter followers possibly (I say possibly because I'm not even on Twitter but I'd be curious to see the before and after numbers)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭iHungry

I listened to her today and I thought she didn't sound ill at all, when asked a question she was stuttering and wasn't able to elaborate much. A sign that someone has to think before they answer. She also got a test done very quickly....hmmmmmm.

Edit, I only heard her on liveline

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement