Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VIII - 292 cases ROI (2 deaths) 62 in NI (as of 17th March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,759 ✭✭✭amacca

I could teach you but I’ll have to charge.

Your life sounds like its better than mine.

Sweet dreams everybody.

I’m back to reality tomorrow evening. I’ve no idea what’s gone on today. I’m very drunk and I don’t care.

My spelling and grammar has improved with intoxication. I recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

This is a very good question.

I expect to see increasing restrictions from the state as this goes on. I have a feeling that whatever is announced on Monday/Tuesday will be used to claim that the rumours have been fulfilled. For example, if flights are cancelled or hotels are asked to shut down, those events will be used to say "Look, I was right. It's a lockdown".

So yeah, I too would like to know what is meant by this lockdown.

I agree ant type of closer of something will be see I told you but unless its a full lockdown bar the front line staff they are wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Ignoring the rumours.....

would a lock down effectively close the boarder with the North?.... without actually saying that's what we are doing?

Does it make sense to do this with the UK on a different path (to put it mildly).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭893bet

Jin luk wrote: »
    Announcement is at 8am in the morning not 11

Ah. That’s because the shops open at 8.30 so they want to get ahead of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,477 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Source?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Corkgirl20 wrote: »
    People need to chill about a lock down. It’ll just mean only necessary places will be open like supermarkets and chemists. If Gardaí are patrolling the streets I’d assume it’ll be to stop people loitering in groups.

I would rather a “ lock down”. Ireland needs the best chance it can get to slow down virus to enable our health system to cope.

If we go into “ lock down” I’ll be doing a big spring clean, might even paint the kitchen and do some gardening , clear out the garage and watch some Netflix it really won’t be that bad. we need to avoid an Italy scenario at all costs, I can’t imagine the heart break and even after the virus starts to die out, the poor people will be in shock.

I am even finding it very surreal.

I'm finding it very surreal too.
    But I have been following this event since January.

My partner is unemployed starting tomorrow.
    He's only copping on to the seriousness of it now.

Daily contact with my parents, 70's, my mum is very aware, but my dad is a social animal.

Cork City Council still going ahead with Monday meeting tomorrow. Madness. My dad is on the council.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

That'll be all the holy spirits. No immune systems = no chance.

Or someone has been at the holy spirits

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

This is gonna be a stress test for every one and every country
    We were living in a routine fairy life
    Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom to get stronger

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

spookwoman wrote: »
    Has Vatican City on worldometer. had some brain fart or has god smited the unworthy ? Total cases 568,000 New Cases +567,999 Deaths 892,045 new deaths +892,045
    io7gbL0.png
    Guessing they got hacked! Or we got it all wrong and the Catholic God isn't the true power and a different god is taking everyone out starting with the Holy See.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,368 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

My interpretation of all this "lockdown" talk

A lot of people have some relevant information and they think that when they add up what they hear from others it aggregates to this "lockdown" concept. They think the defence forces are being readied to maintain some kind of control. They think the streets will be deserted, as we currently see in Italy and Madrid

Maybe that is the intention, but I do not believe that's the case. I think it's people adding 2 and 2 to get 5. Yes I have little doubt we will see further restrictions, and indeed in due course if things get a lot worse we may face similar restrictions to what we see in Italy and Spain. I just don't think we are anywhere near that at this stage, and I equally suspect we will never get to that stage. Precisely because of the limitations that are being introduce I think the plan is to stay ahead of the "curves" that were witnessed in China and Italy, and we are now seeing in Spain

All of this is, of course, pure speculation as I am not privy to what is actually going on behind the scenes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

skimpydoo wrote: »
    Source?

It was posted earlier. It was discussed during a meeting with the HSE, Elvis and some other interested parties over Whatsapp.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

10,000 Irish people travelled to Cheltenham, shame
    They should have fuking stayed there,

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Source?

Possibly same as this guy.
    His arse

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Hearing anecdotes now about people who are known by friends of friends who are self isolating with a fever.

Went on a walk with someone tonight, who said, it's fine if we lock down I can just drive up to the hills for a walk. They were quite shocked when I told them the army would probably be out in force at checkpoints to stop people making unnecessary trips without permission.

My mental health is going to take a hit during this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

• Registered Users Posts: 23,477 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

893bet wrote: »
    Ah. That’s because the shops open at 8.30 so they want to get ahead of it.

There is no announcement scheduled for the morning.

It's all rubbish.

His arse

I heard the Whatts App video not at all convincing and does not give specific actually it goes out of its way to say it

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Stovepipe wrote: »
    Italy's population is 12 times ours and land borders into central Europe so it is harder to control their movements. A small island like ours can be controlled in a much easier fashion.
    Tell the British that, and they were only dealing with six counties. Remember that in your terms we have a land border with a foreign state.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

The government will announce the first annual purge at 11 am tomorrow for first thing Tuesday. My dog told me.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

kowloon wrote: »

Imagine Reeling in the Years 2020 though....

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Jin luk

Source?

Other half works in aldi supposedly management said announcment is at 8 regarding customer numbers in shop at any 1 time not much more info was giving.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,728 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Abba987 wrote: »
    Now come on they didnt land on the moon

I once shook Neil Armstrong's hand when they did the world tour afterwards. he didn't wink, so I think you are wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Love that one, one of best of 'Yes Minister'.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Source?

Does it occur that people are married/related to those serving in the Guards and defence forces and this is where they're getting their info?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭1882

nocoverart wrote: »
    Anybody else getting disturbed sleep from this? I’ll nod off grand and wake up during the night thinking “this sh1t can’t be real” my plate was way beyond full already and now it’s overflowing! and I know I’m not the only one. Everybody has their concerns and worries.
    Yes. My job is gone today until further notice. Sleep won't come easy...

It was posted earlier. It was discussed during a meeting with the HSE, Elvis and some other interested parties over Whatsapp.

Jimmy Hoffa was definitely there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Beasty wrote: »
    My interpretation of all this "lockdown" talk

A lot of people have some relevant information and they think that when they add up what they hear from others it aggregates to this "lockdown" concept. They think the defence forces are being readied to maintain some kind of control. They think the streets will be deserted, as we currently see in Italy and Madrid

Maybe that is the intention, but I do not believe that's the case. I think it's people adding 2 and 2 to get 5. Yes I have little doubt we will see further restrictions, and indeed in due course if things get a lot worse we may face similar restrictions to what we see in Italy and Spain. I just don't think we are anywhere near that at this stage, and I equally suspect we will never get to that stage. Precisely because of the limitations that are being introduce I think the plan is to stay ahead of the "curves" that were witnessed in China and Italy, and we are now seeing in Spain

All of this is, of course, pure speculation as I am not privy to what is actually going on behind the scenes

That's what you would say. Especially when we all already know that boards.ie is going into lockdown at 11:00 tomorrow.

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Hearing anecdotes now about people who are known by friends of friends who are self isolating with a fever.

Went on a walk with someone tonight, who said, it's fine if we lock down I can just drive up to the hills for a walk. They were quite shocked when I told them the army would probably be out in force at checkpoints to stop people making unnecessary trips without permission.

My mental health is going to take a hit during this.

Were not in lockdown mode but what will be announced will be everyone saying see I told you I told you.

What will be announced is pubs and clubs will close and a closure to the airport if not for all to a number of countries due to there numbers

• Advertisement

If the army patrol the streets, can they shoot scumbags on scramblers? can we legislate that in there, too?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement