Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VIII - 292 cases ROI (2 deaths) 62 in NI (as of 17th March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

10,000 Irish people travelled to Cheltenham, shame

Couple of lads in work among them, told not to come into work tonight... haven't a clue about pay or anything, just they were told not to come to work

• Registered Users Posts: 19,729 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Monkeynut wrote: »
    Partner works in Tesco. The manager was saying less opening hours. And less customers in the store at the one time. Come Monday or Tuesday.

Also the manager was going on about not selling alcohol. So people don't have house parties on St Patrick's day. But i think that was her wish. Not the stores!

I think retro.electro said she had 12 cases of wine stashed. Do you think perhaps she would share?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Source?

My mate was recalled to Army duty starting tomo at 6am. He retired last year. We unnamed posters online, so wait for the official announcement from government, to confirm this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,259 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Andrew00 wrote: »

Epilepsy warning thanks

When was that taken?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

fritzelly wrote: »
    Epilepsy warning thanks

When was that taken?
    In the last hour by the date on twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,477 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

We have a whole generation (and it's not their fault) who are not psychologically equipped to deal with genuine global crisis that affects them as previous generations had to be.

The only positive from this is that it wakes people to the fact that the world is not always a pleasant place. Look at how countries in Europe are turning on each other, arguing and closing their borders. This is the world of self interest and that is a tough place to live in.

I think this is an experience that can strengthen people as well once it's over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Does it occur that people are married/related to those serving in the Guards and defence forces and this is where they're getting their info?

Then they could say that. Most are just saying they found out through whatsapp. If people read Aldi are doing magic bean type specials tomorrow on whatsapp, would they believe that too? Maybe best not answer that. Social Media feeds into a flock mentality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Xertz

nocoverart wrote: »
    Anybody else getting disturbed sleep from this? I’ll nod off grand and wake up during the night thinking “this sh1t can’t be real” my plate was way beyond full already and now it’s overflowing! and I know I’m not the only one. Everybody has their concerns and worries.

Yeah I haven’t really been sleeping very well at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Have restarted my save on CM 01/02 to while away the lockdown. All I need now is to a find a beast of a CB for my WBA defence.

Buy Cherno Sambo whatever you do or Freddy Adu. I think there is only a certain age group that will get this reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Instead of trying to stay alive today , I can't wait to presume i will survive as will my elderly and infirm family and presume none of them will die and presume the economy will recover and then presume I will have the want to watch reeling in the years 2020....Instead of may be presuming it will be too hard to watch such a thing with the pain that is coming down the road to us all!!

F me your a cheery person but with post count I have my doubts. I don't presume. I do what ever is possible wash hands cough into elbow. Use wipes or sanatiser if I have to and do some for my elderly relatives. I do not presume they will die I presume we can come out of this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Yesterday a meeting of all the pubs in Temple Bar decided they would close immediately. The pricks that own the Molly Malone broke ranks. Nobody should enter their pub again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭klose

Jeff2 wrote: »
    I wonder If less people are going to A&E then are they going to their GP and overloading them.

I wouldn't think so but...

If not then people that would usually go to their GP for repeat prescriptions may stop going.

Sister works in south tipp general hospital and says A&E is gone very quiet since this kicked off which goes to show you how "serious" the condition some people are in when they go.

Pubs being closed will clear out the usual sh!te that A&E has to get on with at weekends. Obviously a much bigger issue is on the horizon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

Xertz wrote: »
    Yeah I haven’t really been sleeping very well at all.

its disconcerting, hard to think straight

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Boycott Molly Malone's when the pubs re-open. Dirtbirds, especially the prat spoofing about "my law" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Beasty wrote:
    All of this is, of course, pure speculation as I am not privy to what is actually going on behind the scenes

Maybe that is the intention, but I do not believe that's the case. I think it's people adding 2 and 2 to get 5. Yes I have little doubt we will see further restrictions, and indeed in due course if things get a lot worse we may face similar restrictions to what we see in Italy and Spain. I just don't think we are anywhere near that at this stage, and I equally suspect we will never get to that stage. Precisely because of the limitations that are being introduce I think the plan is to stay ahead of the "curves" that were witnessed in China and Italy, and we are now seeing in Spain

This lines up very closely with how I've been viewing things this weekend. This morning I had to debunk that fake Whatsapp call about the imminent lockdown doing the rounds, but yet my mother is still messaging cousins involved with the army and listening to schoolyard rumours..

Will almost invariably end up eating my words, but the HSE/government have done a far better job than expected so far imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Xertz

We have a whole generation (and it's not their fault) who are not psychologically equipped to deal with genuine global crisis that affects them as previous generations had to be.

The only positive from this is that it wakes people to the fact that the world is not always a pleasant place. Look at how countries in Europe are turning on each other, arguing and closing their borders. This is the world of self interest and that is a tough place to live in.

I think this is an experience that can strengthen people as well once it's over.

I don’t think any of those generations were any more equipped than we are. This isn’t a war. There’s no disruption to infrastructure. Nobody’s raining artillery from the sky at us and the food supplies and all of those things should continue to work fairly well.

There no enemy. No nasty politics. Nobody invading. We’re all, globally, on the same team against a pathogen.

Of course there’ll be bad leadership and reactionary politics in places that have populist morons in charge, but that’s just life. Conspiracy theorists will seek conspiracies and xénophobes will blame someone “over there”. The rest of us will sort out the virus.

We’ll get through this. It’s a virus. It’s nasty, but we will get there, just like they did and we’ve way better technology at our finger tips both to keep in touch and organise and also to fight the damn thing with very advanced science, including cutting edge biotechnology solutions being worked on as we speak in labs all over the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

I'm station officer with the Fire service. We have had no heads up about any lockdown. I'm calling bull****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

Definitely!

I think the younger folk wake up pretty fast and it will make them more resilient in the long run.

A lifetime so far of taking so much for granted, and I know we are all guilty of this at times.

We should count our blessings more often and be grateful, even during this be happy and grateful for the small things.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Pseudonym121

spookwoman wrote: »
    Has Vatican City on worldometer. had some brain fart or has god smited the unworthy ? Total cases 568,000 New Cases +567,999 Deaths 892,045 new deaths +892,045
    io7gbL0.png

Zombie apocalypse, the dead are rising. Now THAT would be a good movie, Zombies in the Vatican- has to be better than SNakes on a Plane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,729 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

It will hit home even further when someone '' high up'' becomes a victim, whether a celebrity, or politician

Fingers crossed it's not Tom Hanks. Triple bonus if it's trump. An Iranian MP succumbed weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭The Belly

Less hours and only certain days would cause more crowds not less. They should be open 24/7 if they can staff them. Take on more staff god knows they must be making a fortune these days. Have a one in one out system plenty of space to maintain social distancing. Hand sanitiser on the door and a few senior staff to manage it. Restrict multiple purchases of certain items such as bog roll etc if stock is running low. One member of the family should try and do the shopping if its possible rather then bringing the whole family.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

I think they should have a Barcadi and coke. What say you?

Lol. Bacardi is hard to source since PanicGate. Perbaps Camomile tea?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Not to get political but I think this current government deserve so much credit for how they are dealing with this.

Leo should be remembered as one of the greatest leaders this country ever had. Between Brexit and this, he will forever be a massive part of the history of the state.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

cnocbui wrote: »
    Fingers crossed it's not Tom Hanks. Triple bonus if it's trump. An Iranian MP succumbed weeks ago.
    A lot of footballers have it too. There may not be deaths but their careers are surely going to be destroyed if they can't run.
    theballz wrote: »
    Not to get political but I think this current government deserve so much credit for how they are dealing with this.

Leo should be remembered as one of the greatest leaders this country ever had. Between Brexit and this, he will forever be a massive part of the history of the state.
    [url]Https://giphy.com/gifs/Ra1bmpxpsppNC[/url]

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

klose wrote: »
    Sister works in south tipp general hospital and says A&E is gone very quiet since this kicked off which goes to show you how "serious" the condition some people are in when they go.

Pubs being closed will clear out the usual sh!te that A&E has to get on with at weekends. Obviously a much bigger issue is on the horizon.

May this might show some people after this is all over you don't have to go in to A&E. Trolly watch will fall sharply. I heard some day last week Limerick Regional was @ 7 its a miracle

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Zombie apocalypse, the dead are rising. Now THAT would be a good movie, Zombies in the Vatican- has to be better than SNakes on a Plane.

Zombie Apocalypse called off

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭dockysher

Get into the shops early tomorrow if you need anything cause as i said the announcement at 11am will drive everything crazy.
    Dont wana be in packed shops buying essentials tomorrow evening

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ErnestBorgnine

Have restarted my save on CM 01/02 to while away the lockdown. All I need now is to a find a beast of a CB for my WBA defence.

Tobros

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

The HSE/government have done a far better job than expected so far imo

So good in fact that they allowed the virus to come in unimpeded and spread throughout the land like the plague while blathering on about EU freedom of movement.

Bravo lads! Spectacular job.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement