Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VIII - 292 cases ROI (2 deaths) 62 in NI (as of 17th March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Corkgirl20

People need to chill about a lock down. It’ll just mean only necessary places will be open like supermarkets and chemists. If Gardaí are patrolling the streets I’d assume it’ll be to stop people loitering in groups.

I would rather a “ lock down”. Ireland needs the best chance it can get to slow down virus to enable our health system to cope.

If we go into “ lock down” I’ll be doing a big spring clean, might even paint the kitchen and do some gardening , clear out the garage and watch some Netflix it really won’t be that bad. we need to avoid an Italy scenario at all costs, I can’t imagine the heart break and even after the virus starts to die out, the poor people will be in shock.

I am even finding it very surreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Omackeral wrote: »
    I'm just wondering what people who confidently say ''full lockdown'' think it means when they say it so matter-of-factly?

Ah yeah I agree it's classic BS from clowns who want to sound important. I can't stand this spoofing panic mongering either. It might just be a bad joke online but if it causes panic buying it will reduce access to essentials for the most vulnerable and increase the spread of infection.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I’m as pissed as a pissed person can be.

This has been a public service announcement from all the milkshakes that bring the boys to the yard.

Damn right.

This post makes me wish I caught the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

PhantomHat wrote: »
    Someone had a fit of coughing just off camera when I went on there...

Wipe down your speakers asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mikel97

dockysher wrote: »
    Full lockdown will be announced tomorrow at 11am. Up to urselfs if u believe this or not but shops will be mental after the announcement so id go in early tomorrow to get yer bits if needed

Go to Bed. Wot you post is nothing but complete BS. And FYI no such thing as "Full lockdown" You're Mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,259 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

spookwoman wrote: »
    Has Vatican City on worldometer. had some brain fart or has god smited the unworthy ? Total cases 568,000 New Cases +567,999 Deaths 892,045 new deaths +892,045

Vatican City has just been wiped out 892,045 deaths lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

One of this things that appeared in business a decade or so ago was the "Disaster recovery plan".

More and more you encountered larger customers who would not deal with you unless you had a disaster recovery plan. I wrote lots of them for my customers over the years. The plans would identify company weakness and points of failure in various disaster scenario and recommend measures to be implemented before, during and after any such scenario. The companies, my customers, would then implement and update this report to produce a up to date plan which would be regularly refreshed.

In my experience a large number (majority) of these plans remained on the shelf for years, only getting "refreshed" when their prospective customer asked the question "do you have a disaster recovery plan".

In all honesty I can say, that to a degree, I was guilty of this too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

It will hit home even further when someone '' high up'' becomes a victim, whether a celebrity, or politician

Yeah, it will come to that. Funny,

Maureen down the street doesn't matter, but OMG the guy on the telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 MrsDoyl3

Im immunocompromised with 3 children and i look after my parents, both 75, my father has COPD and I've never been so terrified, they havent seen my children in 3 weeks, i locked down a bit early and i arrive up to them every 3rd day to give them supplies, like a mad woman, mask, gloves, detol the lot... the thought of my dad getting it, unthinkable

Why so many morons thinks its ok to head out to house parties and pubs is beyond me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

io7gbL0.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

dockysher wrote: »
    Full lockdown will be announced tomorrow at 11am. Up to urselfs if u believe this or not but shops will be mental after the announcement so id go in early tomorrow to get yer bits if needed

Source?

This post makes me wish I caught the virus.

I could teach you but I’ll have to charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,477 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The government will announce the first annual purge at 11 am tomorrow for first thing Tuesday. My dog told me.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Axfrderr

Has Vatican City on worldometer. had some brain fart or has god smited the unworthy ? Total cases 568,000 New Cases +567,999 Deaths 892,045 new deaths +892,045

Currently Infected Patients

Someone snezeed while at the keyboard..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

The Army and the rest of the DF will probably be used for it's usual Aid to The Civil Power functions; security of critical sites like power stations, hospitals,railways, airports, ports, main border crossings, medevac by helicopter and fixed-wing aircraft, search and rescue, relief fire brigade,medical support,engineering support, relief sanitation support and so on.

I could teach you but I’ll have to charge.

giphy.webp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

10,000 Irish people travelled to Cheltenham, shame

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Abba987

jiltloop wrote: »
    I heard that the earth is flat and that man didn't land on the moon.

Now come on they didnt land on the moon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

What does that mean? Full lockdown?

This is a very good question.

I expect to see increasing restrictions from the state as this goes on. I have a feeling that whatever is announced on Monday/Tuesday will be used to claim that the rumours have been fulfilled. For example, if flights are cancelled or hotels are asked to shut down, those events will be used to say "Look, I was right. It's a lockdown".

So yeah, I too would like to know what is meant by this lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

There was a meeting this morning, I don't know the outcome. We will soon. I'll be back to say I told you so soon enough.

Before we say you can come back what type of lockdown are you talking about.

1. Everything to close for St Patricks Day (that can)? I say very possible
    2. All pubs and clubs have to close any anywhere else that can not have less then 100? I say very possible
    3 Everywhere has to close down (again not essential service doctors, nurses, police and allow shops to open for x amount of time)? Not a hope unless it get really really bad

Its is only 3 you can come back and say I told you so. The opposite is also true if there is none I expect you back to say I was wrong but not holding my breath

• Advertisement

10,000 Irish people travelled to Cheltenham, shame

The shame is that they came back.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,477 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Stovepipe wrote: »
    The Army and the rest of the DF will probably be used for it's usual Aid to The Civil Power functions; security of critical sites like power stations, hospitals,railways, airports, ports, main border crossings, medevac by helicopter and fixed-wing aircraft, search and rescue, relief fire brigade,medical support,engineering support, relief sanitation support and so on.

Get out of here with your common sense

Schuu

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

I'm just wondering what people who confidently say ''full lockdown'' think it means when they say it so matter-of-factly?
    They don't have a clue, Italy security services incl. reserves >6 per' 000, Spain incl. reserves >5 per '000, Ireland incl. reserves 4 per '000.

Reserves not being called up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

io7gbL0.png

That'll be all the holy spirits. No immune systems = no chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

amacca wrote: »
    Anyone else think the UK Govt may have ****ed up big time in their strategy

my first thoughts when I saw their plans was about a movie back in the 80's called Whoops Apocalypse

for anyone who saw it do you remember the scene where a nuclear war was imminent & the PM was going around handing out union jack umbrellas for protection?

a quote from the movie:
    President Barbara Adams : You're telling me that the entire population of Great Britain went and elected a deranged psychotic to the highest office of the land?

[pause]

President Barbara Adams : Again?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,728 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

dodzy wrote: »
    Not a virusy film....but world war Z is excellent. Did like contagion too, particularly the end where you get to see the path back to initial source.

Containment (2015) is very relevant, given it deals with a lock-down sitution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭citysights

fritzelly wrote: »
    Was thinking earlier how the scumbags will react to this - guess no different.

Not good but not unexpected. They really need to set up online counseling ( even get retired people doing it voluntarily) to help these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

skimpydoo wrote: »
    Source?

His arse

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Jin luk

Announcement is at 8am in the morning not 11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

The shame is that they came back.

They were seen in temple bar

Dundalk, Co. Louth