Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VIII - 292 cases ROI (2 deaths) 62 in NI (as of 17th March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

dockysher wrote: »
    Full lockdown will be announced tomorrow at 11am. Up to urselfs if u believe this or not but shops will be mental after the announcement so id go in early tomorrow to get yer bits if needed

Rumour has it government are taking our phones to. To stop Corona virus infecting them

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

dockysher wrote: »
    Full lockdown will be announced tomorrow at 11am. Up to urselfs if u believe this or not but shops will be mental after the announcement so id go in early tomorrow to get yer bits if needed

What does that mean? Full lockdown?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,259 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

amacca wrote: »
    Anyone else think the UK Govt may have ****ed up big time in their strategy

They have their strategy, that if it works could be a good thing.
    Time will tell...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,942 ✭✭✭threeball

'Unrest in west Dublin'...enough going on in the country without this...

https://www.thejournal.ie/cheery-orchard-garda-incident-5047312-Mar2020/

Fcuk them all in a cell with a bottle of anthrax and blame it on the coronavirus. Great opportunity to rid us of our vermin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

amacca wrote: »
    Anyone else think the UK Govt may have ****ed up big time in their strategy

Is there anybody that doesn’t think they fooked this up?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

SlowBlowin wrote: »
    i Was just in bed thinking about this (had to get up to find the prep H). The implications are massive:

The Pubs
    The book keepers for the pubs
    The crispman that delivers
    The food suppliers
    The 3 hairy guys that play music at the weekends

Thats the pub but already so many industries are finished and its online too, think of the adverts you see on Youtube. How many people will buy new ear buds and a new phone. The advertisers will stop advertising, YouTube ad revenue will crash, creators will have no income.

I live on the the Ring of Kerry, and like many other places totally dependent on tourism. The airports, the hotels, surely the cruise industry is dead (one of my old customers used to print all the brochures for the cruise ships).

Its really not something to think about, its a chain that goes on and on.

I just hope and pray to god that the worst case scenarios dont come into play, if they do its hard to see a return to normal for many many years to come.

I sold my business and retired a few years ago, when I started running costs were simple & low, but over the years I have seen more and more things in business became a recurring expense. These days in business you need to have a good source of funding in order to mothball an operation (lockdown) in part because of all the recurring charges.

I feel for the boardies trying to run a business during this crisis, it must be so hard.

I have come to the conclusion the only thing for me to do is stop reading this thread and get on with all the house, garden, and personal projects I can, think positively and pray for a breakthrough.

Living rurally in the Burren myself and tomorrow I'm going fishing, going to head out and dig lugworm, find a beach somewhere before it gets dark. Set up and just bring a flask of coffee, sandwiches and some biscuits etc

Myself and a fishing friend will head out, and fish for 4 hours and catch up for old times sake.

In the Dingle and Valentia area you're spoilt for choice for fishing.

I've a few projects myself too to catch up with

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Ticking and Bashing

I think it's really really terrible the scaremongering online, the circulation of fake news, false recordings, fake memos, emails and so forth. I don't get whatever kick people get out of unnecessarily panicking others. They should do something more productive with their time. It's really messing with people and it's sad that this is what Ireland is becoming. As per the poster above its really starting to disrupt my sleep too (and others as well).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

threeball wrote: »
    Still banging that drum? People didn't bite at 12 noon and they're not gonna bite at 12 midnight. Put it on whatsapp. That will get the reaction you want

There was a meeting this morning, I don't know the outcome. We will soon. I'll be back to say I told you so soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Strumms wrote: »
    Nope, you are misreading the sentiment behind what I’m saying.

Apologies, I'm tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,729 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

If this was a war I would pick up a gun, but the worst part is the sense of being powerless.

Working on an AK 47 hand gel dispenser, you should be good to go soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

I hope Ireland won’t turn out as bad as Italy. Our government have applied restrictions on us much earlier than the Italian government on their country. The British strategy could be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Plans take time, especially complex ones.
    Time is not on their side however they are doing well in my opinion.
    Safety of people before the economy.
    They have had the time, this didn't come out of the blue. There is no evidence of any overall contingency planning being put into effect now.

Questions, at press conferences etc., on how things being proposed are actually going to work are invariably met with 'we're working on that', 'we'll be making an announcement on that' ... sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,651 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

A cafe around the corner from me here in Manchester just put up a post on their Instagram that this weekend was one of their busiest weekends ever.

The mind ****ing boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Two weeks is starters, try 16

we are in week 18 if you count back to patient 0 in china which was 17/11/2019 :D
    They will be sending out the men in the white suits instead of testers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭paul71

Syncpolice wrote: »
    They were too slow off the mark

Let the virus get in

If you think they virus was not going to get here I am afraid you are delusional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Omackeral wrote: »

It didn't mean you'll need to get your shopping in early anyway, because even in the most severe lockdowns supply of food to the population has been maintained.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,751 ✭✭✭893bet

Omackeral wrote: »

It means **** all.

Full lock down in Italy means you can still go to shop and buy food. It will at worst be the same here.

No doubt the army will be deployed at some point, maybe tomorrow. And no doubt they will needed at some point, if not tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    It didn't mean you'll need to get your shopping in early anyway, because even in the most severe lockdowns supply of food to the population has been maintained.

I'm just wondering what people who confidently say ''full lockdown'' think it means when they say it so matter-of-factly?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

maebee wrote: »
    I have a good few years up on the clock (61) and have lived through a lot. Not to be alarmist but in those 61 years I'd never heard the word "pandemic" until this week. Every single one of us needs to understand this word and act accordingly.

Were you in a coma in 2009 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,759 ✭✭✭amacca

Syncpolice wrote: »
    Yes esp if they start locking down shortly

do you think they should have locked down much earlier or they should not lock down yet or ever

do you think locking down now if it happens is an admission they got it wrong

I personally can see a lot of problems with asking the over 70s to stay at home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Abba987 wrote: »
    I thought 9/11 was the scariest thing i would ever see. This is so much closer

This virus will likely have a vaccine within 18 months. There will a large number of deaths but its important to remember the 2009 flu epidemic killed 500,000 people and AIDS killed 32 million the 20th century.

The whole world felt it was on the brink of war after 9/11, very different experience because no one had ever seen anything like that before.

And those who are comparing this to the Spanish flu. That killed 50-100 million, about 3% of the worlds population back then.

We're at 6,500 at the moment, and it will obviously be much larger over the next 12 months, but it probably wont get anywhere near the Spanish flu epidemic numbers, perhaps more than the 2009 flu, getting close a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Jpmarn wrote: »
    I hope Ireland won’t turn out as bad as Italy. Our government have applied restrictions on us much earlier than the Italian government on their country. The British strategy could be interesting.

What's the plan for everyone were flying home before Thursday night. Are they all going to be quarrintined?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

spookwoman wrote: »
    we are in week 18 if you count back to patient 0 in china which was 17/11/2019 :D
    They will be sending out the men in the white suits instead of testers

I mean Ireland not China

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭jiltloop

branie2 wrote: »
    I heard that the virus was manmade

I heard that the earth is flat and that man didn't land on the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

Italy's population is 12 times ours and land borders into central Europe so it is harder to control their movements. A small island like ours can be controlled in a much easier fashion.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,259 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I've added new charts to the site below (based on available information, some is currently unknown yet) - if anyone has any ideas for other breakdowns let me know by PM

• Registered Users Posts: 23,477 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I think it's really really terrible the scaremongering online, the circulation of fake news, false recordings, fake memos, emails and so forth. I don't get whatever kick people get out of unnecessarily panicking others. They should do something more productive with their time. It's really messing with people and it's sad that this is what Ireland is becoming. As per the poster above its really starting to disrupt my sleep too (and others as well).

They have nothing better to do with their own lives and their only goal is to drag people down to their level. Same as the scrotes in west Dublin this evening.

I’m as pissed as a pissed person can be.

This has been a public service announcement from all the milkshakes that bring the boys to the yard.

Damn right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,942 ✭✭✭threeball

Anyone looking for full lockdown, why not go in your house and lock the door, lockdown complete. You shouldn't need Leo or Simon to hold your hand. Do it yourself, its not rocket science. Let those that stay out get infected and they can't infect you later. Simples

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Has Vatican City on worldometer. had some brain fart or has god smited the unworthy ? Total cases 568,000 New Cases +567,999 Deaths 892,045 new deaths +892,045
    io7gbL0.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement