Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

The Arena gym is closing until at least the 29th March, Roundy's, Ashe Hotel, the Blasket bar, Ugly Mug/The Glasshouse...

That's all I've heard of this evening. Its very worrying. I know its very important for everything to keep this virus as contained as possible, but the long term affects are not good. Sorry to depress people :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Yep ..I have a feeling I'll be looking for a new job quite soon the way things are going ...

I really hope it doesn't come to that :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I really hope it doesn't come to that :(

I believe it's quite likely tbh, shall see next week

I decided to delete the post about the facebook post chamber alliance have posted. It wasn't a good idea for them to post it, so I don't want to add to the stress and panic by sharing it too. Its not going to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,785 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I decided to delete the post about the facebook post chamber alliance have posted. It wasn't a good idea for them to post it, so I don't want to add to the stress and panic by sharing it too. Its not going to help.

Ah yeah, just bury everyone else's head in the sand there because you don't agree with the Chamber Alliance.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

More that it's preferable to wait for the Government to make any such announcement, rather than provoke another round of bulk-buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭g1983d

More that it's preferable to wait for the Government to make any such announcement, rather than provoke another round of bulk-buying.

They've since changed the post to say it's about supports available to businesses, poor effort by them

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Eamonn8448

Not all of the town is panicking yet , its just scaremongering by them , the show must go on

Thankfully someone had the cop on to edit the post and say it was about business supports. A lot of people were not impressed with the initial post which was badly worded and caused a bit of a panic!
    I wonder what supports will be in place for businesses?

Hennessy's bar is the latest pub to close. Apart from the Blasket I don't know if any other bars have made the decision yet.?

Ah yeah, just bury everyone else's head in the sand there because you don't agree with the Chamber Alliance.

did you see their post?? They put up a post which panicked a lot of people by its initial wording, which has now been edited to clarify what it was about (business supports). Nothing to do with me not agreeing with the Chamber alliance! I was trying not to cause further panic!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Eamonn8448

Thankfully someone had the cop on to edit the post and say it was about business supports. A lot of people were not impressed with the initial post which was badly worded and caused a bit of a panic!

Hennessy's bar is the latest pub to close. Apart from the Blasket I don't know if any other bars have made the decision yet.?

im guessing it has to do with gatherings of over 100 people that they are closing , not many pubs in town can hold that many so a few will probably stay open

did you see their post?? They put up a post which panicked a lot of people by its initial wording, which has now been edited to clarify what it was about (business supports). Nothing to do with me not agreeing with the Chamber alliance! I was trying not to cause further panic!!

Ehh, yes, I saw the post.

This is a discussion forum, remember?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

To be fair, all available government resources must be channeled towards funding the health services. End of.

If businesses go to the wall, then unfortunately so be it. Once this crisis is over, the likelihood is that the economy will rebound pretty quickly.

As the saying goes, one's health is one's wealth.

Quackster wrote: »
    To be fair, all available government resources must be channeled towards funding the health services. End of.

If businesses go to the wall, then unfortunately so be it. Once this crisis is over, the likelihood is that the economy will rebound pretty quickly.

As the saying goes, one's health is one's wealth.

Well said Quackster, this is not a time for business people to adopt a victim mentality.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Well said Quackster, this is not a time for business people to adopt a victim mentality.

Will it's pretty much an economic catastrophe so they really don't have a choice. The government won't have the resources to bail anyone out.

Quackster wrote: »
    Will it's pretty much an economic catastrophe so they really don't have a choice. The government won't have the resources to bail anyone out.

We do have a choice, and we should have enough of a social conscience not to burden other people with a sense of entitlement to profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭cms88

We do have a choice, and we should have enough of a social conscience not to burden other people with a sense of entitlement to profit.

Another online social justice warrior. It's not all about profit you know. Peoples livelyhoods could and more than likely will be lost

cms88 wrote: »
    Another online social justice warrior. It's not all about profit you know. Peoples livelyhoods could and more than likely will be lost

What are you on about?

Slieve Mish, The Huddle pubs, Cassidy's, Ugly Mug and Yummy Café restaurants:

http://traleetoday.ie/number-of-tralee-restaurants-and-pubs-opt-to-close-for-coming-weeks/

Article has since been updated, with Paddy Mac's, Jack Mac's, the Brogue and Na Gaeil all closing tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Fair play to all the pubs and restaurants that closed up last night, not an easy decision to take but the right one,

All been asked to close now tonight at midnight

Fair play to all the pubs and restaurants that closed up last night, not an easy decision to take but the right one,

All been asked to close now tonight at midnight

Richie's is going to be jammers Paddy's Day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Word got out on the bush telegraph that the Sportsfield Bar were staying open till 9pm and there was a stream of people heading for it as I was heading home at 7pm.

All Omniplex cinemas are closing from today until at least the 29th:

https://twitter.com/omniplexcinema

Hotel's probably all closing over the next 24 hours... Benners is closing tonight

Churchill, Ballymac and St Pat's all offering to collect shopping and prescriptions for anyone who needs to self-isolate:

http://traleetoday.ie/gaa-clubs-offer-help-to-elderly-and-vulnerable-during-crisis/

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

Fair play to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Some good news. The polish lads have a big mizzoni sign on their shop.
    Let's just hope they remain open over the next few months.

A reminder that they also do takeaway dinners.

Churchill, Ballymac and St Pat's all offering to collect shopping and prescriptions for anyone who needs to self-isolate:

http://traleetoday.ie/gaa-clubs-offer-help-to-elderly-and-vulnerable-during-crisis/

Austin Stacks club are also doing this!

• Advertisement

A suspected drunk driver caused a crash up near McDonalds earlier today. They apparently then drove away from the scene and managed to crash further down the road, near the hospital! Gardaí arrested them.
    I think the car they crashed into had to have the occupants cut out of the car. Hopefully no one seriously injured.

Advertisement