Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

that's excellent - it'll be great to have something in there.
    Thanks Forge

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Has anyone heard if Counahins shop in prince's Street has closed? Someone said it has and that it wasn't open Yesterday either.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭StrikingOut

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard of Counahins shop in prince's Street has closed? Someone said it has and that it wasn't open Yesterday either.

I just drove past & it’s closed! No sign or notice in the door so hopefully it’s short term.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

Has anyone heard of Counahins shop in prince's Street has closed? Someone said it has and that it wasn't open Yesterday either.

Seemed to be open this morning around 8:30

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I was just told its closed its doors on Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭StrikingOut

I was just told its closed its doors on Saturday.

That’s an awful pity, they were looking for staff very recently.

I'm sure most have heard, but the St. Patrick's day parade has been cancelled (nationwide).

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

Has Counihan's closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭thinktwice

Has Counihan's closed?

I thought that last week too and the following day it was open again. Haven't passed by since.

Has Counihan's closed?

Yes they have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

Anyone at manor west today? Is Tescos any busier than usual?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

E mac wrote: »
    Anyone at manor west today? Is Tescos any busier than usual?

Dunnes NCR was like Christmas Eve.

All the nutjobs seem to have escaped the asylum...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Quackster wrote: »
    Dunnes NCR was like Christmas Eve.

All the nutjobs seem to have escaped the asylum...

WTF is wrong with people? There won't be any shortages, why would there be? All they are doing is exactly what they've been advised NOT to do, i.e. congregate in a large group in a confined space, breathing all over each other in mile long til queues. Exactly the kind of moronic behaviour guaranteed to spread the virus and put the elderly and immuno compromised at huge risk. Selfish, moronic fukcers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Just in case someone hasn't heard.
    The Caherleheen Spring Grill planned for tomorrow night in Ballygarry has been postponed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Just in case someone hasn't heard.
    The Caherleheen Spring Grill planned for tomorrow night in Ballygarry has been postponed.

Ah jaysus...I was looking forward to that and all !

:D

Sweeney's in Castle Street reopens tomorrow .. Christ..the shelves will be bare in minutes the way things are going in town

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Ah jaysus...I was looking forward to that and all !

Sweeney's in Castle Street reopens tomorrow .. Christ..the shelves will be bare in minutes the way things are going in town

Not even in a pandemic would the shelves clear with the prices Sweeney's used to have.......

kn wrote: »
    Not even in a pandemic would the shelves clear with the prices Sweeney's used to have.......

Had a look earlier ... Seems to be well laid out , so fingers crossed it's a success

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Jimmyireland

Golden Discs pulling out of Town by all accounts...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Golden Discs pulling out of Town by all accounts...

They only just pulled in!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Jimmyireland

Sardonicat wrote: »

Ive heard that they only took a 6 month contract as a tester..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

I asked the lads in the Horan Deli about the pizza - they should be up and running next week - the advertising and store signs are up already and space made for the pizza ovens. It's mizzoni pizza - I think it's a franchise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

bobdcow wrote: »
    I asked the lads in the Horan Deli about the pizza - they should be up and running next week - the advertising and store signs are up already and space made for the pizza ovens. It's mizzoni pizza - I think it's a franchise.

As far as I remember getting one in Dublin years ago, they do a gigantic "Wagon Wheel" pizza that needs to be turned sideways to get inside the front door.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

They do an awesome Taco Bella Calzone too, I'm starving here thinking about it.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Sardonicat wrote: »

Where are they. Must be blind. Probably walked past them.

T,

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭snams

TigerTim wrote: »
    Where are they. Must be blind. Probably walked past them.

T,

Abbey Court

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭phater phagan

snams wrote: »
    Abbey Court

Is that where the Stonehouse restaurant was? That's a killer location - as in deadly. I don't mean deadly in a good way like my uncle used to use it.

Is that where the Stonehouse restaurant was? That's a killer location - as in deadly. I don't mean deadly in a good way like my uncle used to use it.

Abbey court... Pamela Scott's..Annburys.... Golden Disks, DV8, Holland & Barrett, Mountain Warehouse etc

Are Golden disks still open? I didn’t pass by that way. If they go that strip of shops will be seriously empty. And the way things are going at the moment, the future is a little scary for the businesses in town.

I had to go in today for a few bits and although town wasn’t empty, it was very quiet for a Saturday. I noticed the coffee shop Coffee start was closed. Caitrionas hair salon was closing from 1pm. I suspect other hairdressers may have to close too. Aqua dome closed, museum, Siamsa and sports complex closed. I don’t know about other gyms yet, they seem to be operating for now. Very worrying times for everyone.

Are Golden disks still open? I didn’t pass by that way. If they go that strip of shops will be seriously empty. And the way things are going at the moment, the future is a little scary for the businesses in town.

I had to go in today for a few bits and although town wasn’t empty, it was very quiet for a Saturday. I noticed the coffee shop Coffee start was closed. Caitrionas hair salon was closing from 1pm. I suspect other hairdressers may have to close too. Aqua dome closed, museum, Siamsa and sports complex closed. I don’t know about other gyms yet, they seem to be operating for now. Very worrying times for everyone.

Yep ..I have a feeling I'll be looking for a new job quite soon the way things are going ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭cms88

I wouldn't worry super Ken and the Chamber Alliance will save the day i'm sure.

On the serious note another bail out for the hotels etc yet nothing for other businesses

Advertisement