Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    It looks like there's a new India restaurant going into where the one in Edward st has been for the last few years (opposite Post office). Its repainted and opening soon sign in window....although not sure about opening at all at moment (apart from take away). I had wondered if the other place had closed as it didn't look like it had opened I a while.

You'd want a bucket of hand sanitizer for that place as it's changed hands so many times in the last 10 years !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

You'd want a bucket of hand sanitizer for that place as it's changed hands so many times in the last 10 years !

I'll be ok, I don't like Indian food anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

Saw today that quite a few bars in town are flouting the closure order.... pretty shít of them and anyone that drinks in these places....should be an immediate license revokable offence.

What street?

I'll be ok, I don't like Indian food anyway!

I'm the opposite.... probably comes from living above an Indian restaurant in London as a babba :D

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

You can renew your passport online though and take the photo yourself (going by their guidelines).

I applied for a passport card 3 years ago. Online application, take your own B&W photo. I hung a sheet on the line for background, and had my son take the photo. Rejected by the website - not enough contrast. Took another, rejected again. I can't remember how many times we tried, but is was a lot. Eventually I modified a shot on the PC, made it super contrasty, and joy of joys it was accepted.

I hope they have improved the system since....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

JonathonS wrote: »
    I applied for a passport card 3 years ago. Online application, take your own B&W photo. I hung a sheet on the line for background, and had my son take the photo. Rejected by the website - not enough contrast. Took another, rejected again. I can't remember how many times we tried, but is was a lot. Eventually I modified a shot on the PC, made it super contrasty, and joy of joys it was accepted.

I hope they have improved the system since....

I haven't used it yet as it wasn't available when I last renewed my passport. I think the photo can be the tricky part, but apart from that its meant to be really quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭dohouch

Hi is there any pass photos booths in tralee need a passport photo

Tesco in town, used it a year back, the passport office gets the code so no posting of photo, think its dear enough

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

You can get the passport photo taken in Sam McCauley chemists in Manor.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Was in Corrib Oil yesterday getting a bite to eat, they have the floor marked for social distancing, then when you go up to pay the two tills are right next to each other and you are only a foot away from the person next to you, staff are about the same distance away from each other behind the counter as well, really should move one of the tills or else put up screens like they have in other shops

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭acequion

Where in Tralee doing take aways now, does anybody know, please? Want to try to salvage something for mother's day tomorrow.

Thanks guys!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

acequion wrote: »
    Where in Tralee doing take aways now, does anybody know, please? Want to try to salvage something for mother's day tomorrow.

Thanks guys!

Noticed that Rose garden Chinese and Rajas were open yesterday.
    Not sure if that'll cut it for you though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Walked up to Rath today to get there before the rush tomorrow. The amount of cars at the Horan centre, cars on the road are people in Tralee taking social distancing seriously?

Thanks guys!

You can check just-eat.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭StrikingOut

I went for a spin earlier and drove through Manor West. The place was packed with cars and people strolling around with not a care in the world. The mind boggles. The choice of self isolation is going to be taken away from us.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Eamonn8448

Confirmed case of covid 19 in Tralee, if his guess of where he got infected is right there's going to be many more to follow !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Adiboo wrote: »
    Walked up to Rath today to get there before the rush tomorrow. The amount of cars at the Horan centre, cars on the road are people in Tralee taking social distancing seriously?

There was a good crowd in Dunnes and I also noticed in Argos as well while walking past.

Eamonn8448 wrote: »
    Confirmed case of covid 19 in Tralee, if his guess of where he got infected is right there's going to be many more to follow !!

I know of a woman...and probably the same place...so there will be a spike alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Heard something about it alright, crazy stuff

Thanks guys!

Lana is doing take-away, collection only. I got some last night. They have lots of space to wait for social distancing. You can order and pay online too.

I went for a spin earlier and drove through Manor West. The place was packed with cars and people strolling around with not a care in the world. The mind boggles. The choice of self isolation is going to be taken away from us.

People were saying manor was packed yesterday too. What do people need so badly in Manor, not every shop is even open! I went to Dunnes NCR earlier today, there was a queue of people around to the main door on street. I didn't have enough time to wait, so chanced Dunnes Horan centre and there was no queue outside. Still good service up there and lots of room for checkouts with staff telling you where to stand etc. Straight home after! I didn't bring my little boy with me. He was disappointed as he loves going shopping with us on a Saturday. We will probably go for a bit of a drive somewhere tomorrow. Not sure where yet, but expecting a lot of people to be doing the same, so we may not be able to get out of car!

• Advertisement

Things are getting serious.... Ho Kee will be shutting on Sunday night due to Covid....

I know of a woman...and probably the same place...so there will be a spike alright...

I know of a woman too (may be same person, and same place!)….there will be a lot next week from that one place!

Things are getting serious.... Ho Kee will be shutting on Sunday night due to Covid....

Its too small in there to be able to keep any sort of social distancing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I know of a woman too (may be same person, and same place!)….there will be a lot next week from that one place!

Can you put the rest us out of our misery and say where please?

Its too small in there to be able to keep any sort of social distancing.

You could have 3 people in there ....

Husband of the infected woman has posted on Facebook that she is infected...it's out in the open....they followed all procedures....
    Staff member has posted on Facebook..no....she showed symptoms and her hubby wasn't quarantined....oh it's going to be hell do a few weeks

Can you put the rest us out of our misery and say where please?

I don't know the person personally, so I won't be saying who or where as it could have been wrong information from someone. sorry...

and probably the same place...so there will be a spike alright...
    Heard something about it alright, crazy stuff

Where is this Covid-19 riddled place so I can avoid?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭phormium

Not so much to avoid it but to know if we have been there lately :o

phormium wrote: »
    Not so much to avoid it but to know if we have been there lately :o

Yes exactly, bad wording. I'm avoiding everywhere :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

It's closed at the moment if what I heard is correct.

Advertisement