Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I know of two confirmed cases associated with Tralee. One is connected to Kerry ETB in Monavalley.

I too would love to know the location of this other case mentioned here as half the town arm to anyway know going by other posters!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Quackster wrote: »
    I know of two confirmed cases associated with Tralee. One is connected to Kerry ETB in Monavalley.

I too would love to know the location of this other case mentioned here as half the town arm to anyway know going by other posters!

I think it was a pub, which is now closed, but I don't know for sure so I don't want to name it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I think it was a pub, which is now closed, but I don't know for sure so I don't want to name it!

Would young people be their clientele?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Adiboo wrote: »
    Would young people be their clientele?

I have never been in the bar I heard of, so I don't know what their age range is to be honest. Bit of a mix I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

As long as it isn't the Meadowlands or the Brogue, I should be grand, then!

• Advertisement

What can be said is that the Kerry total now stands at 8, as of Thursday:

https://twitter.com/FergalBowers/status/1241441783986389000

What can be said is that the Kerry total now stands at 8, as of Thursday:

https://twitter.com/FergalBowers/status/1241441783986389000

Is tomorrow meant to show the biggest spike?

If people could just stay the f*ck at home this would be over sooner rather than later!!

If people could just stay the f*ck at home this would be over sooner rather than later!!

The Leo model was projecting 355 cases for tomorrow, so we've surely swerved that worst-case scenario at least!

The Leo model was projecting 355 cases for tomorrow, so we've surely swerved that worst-case scenario at least!

Lets hope so, and lets hope it stays like that. To be fair, it looks like its dropped in numbers for the last 2 days. Thursday showed a big spike due to more testing and then its dropped back a bit since. May rise tomorrow with more testing rolled out though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Thing is, it's not going to be over any time soon...
    It's going to peak and trough for the next few months. If things keep trending downwards, we'll be 'allowed out' in a few weeks again..
    But it will still be hanging around until a vacation is developed..
    Any infected visitors to country & county in the months to come could start the process all over again unfortunately..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭leavingirl

The Leo model. Don't kid yourself. That guy is under orders from above. People who have no interest in your health or anybody else's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

leavingirl wrote: »
    The Leo model. Don't kid yourself. That guy is under orders from above. People who have no interest in your health or anybody else's!

Anybody got a fitting "Condescending Wonka" meme?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

leavingirl wrote: »

If you have information from a valid source other than what is being officially released, please share it with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

I believe Gally's are going to do a take away dinner tomorrow - you can ring in and order and collect at a time of your choosing between 12-6 (I think) - check their facebook page to be sure though. I read it quickly this morning

Copied from their page:

Friends & customers,

Due to unprecedented calls in relation to Mother’s Day we have taken a long and hard decision to run a menu specifically for that day Sunday 22/03/2020. We are operating a collection service only where you pre order & pre pay on 0667192250 or via our Facebook page. Your chosen time of collection can be anytime between 12-6pm

We are going with our most popular Sunday dishes:
    Prime roast rib of Irish beef with a herb gravy & Yorkshire pudding €12

Pan fried supreme of Chicken with a white wine & mushroom cream sauce €12

Grilled darne of Salmon with a caper & dill butter €12

Chicken & Mushroom Vol au vent served with chips €12 and

Chicken Pasta with garlic bread & parmesan cheese

Full kids menu available at €5 per head

We are very aware of these worrying times and we are adhering to all HSE guidelines. We have been advised as to what safety issues we need to carry out.
    Regarding our staff there are only 3 individuals involved on the day. We have one at our collection point at the side entrance of the building, our head chef in the kitchen and one on the phone including Facebook where you may also place an order

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Forge83

Where is this Covid-19 riddled place so I can avoid?

It’s the Burger Shack. One of the owners is confirmed and family in isolation. One of the staff members has a post on Facebook that they weren’t informed and very upset. Rightly so!
    Be interesting to know if she was ill while they were open, if yes I’d expect a massive Tralee spike in coming days. If not they dodged a bullet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Can you put the rest us out of our misery and say where please?

There's tit for tat rants on Facebook regarding the above.
    I'm not on Facebook and I can still find it..

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

It seems the person was enjoying Cheltenham in a local bar where there was a big crowd last Friday for Gold Cup day and started showing symtons on Saturday, ( not saying they caught it in the pub but if there was a hugh crowd on Friday more must have caught it). Anyway spouse worked for another couple of days without telling staff and to say they are livid seems to be an understatement.

Wow, that could be a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Forge83

It seems the person was enjoying Cheltenham in a local bar where there was a big crowd last Friday for Gold Cup day and started showing symtons on Saturday, ( not saying they caught it in the pub but if there was a hugh crowd on Friday more must have caught it). Anyway spouse worked for another couple of days without telling staff and to say they are livid seems to be an understatement.

He worked for 4 days even though she had symptoms. I’m only assuming she didn’t enter the premises during that time, but the staff member on Facebook is implying she may have out of hours.
    That is beyond wreckless in any workplace, but in a food establishment it is an absolute disgrace!
    If staff or patrons start testing positive they will have a lot to answer for and will pay for it with the loss of their business. They have a nervous few weeks ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I would suggest that rather being hung up on identifying particular individuals who may have it, the best strategy is to assume that everyone potentially may have it and apply social distancing and all the other HSE guidelines at all times.

A poster saying they're "fine so" if the infected person wasn't in a certain place at a certain night is a bit naive. That person in a certain pub could've passed the virus onto someone the next morning elsewhere who in turn was in Manor to someone else who passed it on to others in a church, who in turn passed it on in a bank, passed on in a post office etc etc. If we all maintain social distance and wash our hands per guidelines, that is the best defence.

P.S. its too early to read any trends or patterns from the daily cases as of yet. If the number of new cases dip one day, that doesn't yet mean the war is over. Way more people have it right now than have been tested. Once testing ramps up, more people will be declared positive. The upside of that is way more people will be isolated so that it doesn't spread further from those people and/or their traced contacts who will also be instructed to self isolate.

Stay safe everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Sos88sos88

Adiboo wrote:
    Where is this Covid-19 riddled place so I can avoid

it's a well known pub, considering it was Cheltenham week - could be record numbers alone from that place!

One of the neighbours heard there was a death in the hospital from the virus - hopefully untrue, but we'll know when tonight's figures come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

One of the neighbours heard there was a death in the hospital from the virus - hopefully untrue, but we'll know when tonight's figures come out.

There's a WhatsApp link from the WHO available that has up to date factual reports, no new deaths are recorded in Ireland today.

https://www.who.int/news-room/feature-stories/detail/who-health-alert-brings-covid-19-facts-to-billions-via-whatsapp

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

There's a WhatsApp link from the WHO available that has up to date factual reports, no new deaths are recorded in Ireland today.

https://www.who.int/news-room/feature-stories/detail/who-health-alert-brings-covid-19-facts-to-billions-via-whatsapp

I don't think that would update until the HSE announces official numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I don't think that would update until the HSE announces official numbers.

I'd imagine you're correct but the whole point of it is to stop fear being spread by rumors no matter how well intentioned they are.

We are going to see more deaths no doubt but if we have a daily reliable source of facts it will help people cope better.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭cms88

Lot of hassile being caused by traffic wardens from what i've head. Giving tickets etc to businesses who are parked outside. You'd think with what's going on they'd **** off for a chance. Plus the fact they're walking all over town how many people do they pass etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

cms88 wrote: »
    Lot of hassile being caused by traffic wardens from what i've head. Giving tickets etc to businesses who are parked outside. You'd think with what's going on they'd **** off for a chance. Plus the fact they're walking all over town how many people do they pass etc

If they just stood outside the bank's and ticketed every car that pulled up into the footpaths...while they just nip to the cash machines...
    Drivers make it impossible for social distancing when doing this and they only seem to move if sworn at profusely

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Sos88sos88 wrote: »
    Adiboo wrote:
    Where is this Covid-19 riddled place so I can avoid

it's a well known pub, considering it was Cheltenham week - could be record numbers alone from that place!

I heard a name of a pub as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,317 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was there a market boot sale today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

I know the fella and the pub frequented and will be giving both a wide birth when things settle down.

Advertisement