Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭almostover

I just saw a Snapchat story, the picture has a pint with the caption reading: '**** your virus'.

That lad who posted it is in his mid-thirties and in fairness, was never the sharpest so I actually don't think he 'gets it'. We don't care if the likes of him gets the virus, it's the issue of passing it on to other people that's the problem. That's why the government needs to step in and temporarily shut the pubs because you just can't legislate for people and a lot of them out there are real idiots.

Very difficult to legislate for imbeciles

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

Finished my first "day?" of homeschool..

From an LC students perspective my first thought is "This just ain't gonna work"

But sure, it's only day 1, I should hopefully get into a routine....

and now I can sleep longer too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Blueshoe wrote: »
    You know the way in the winter someone in the office gets the flu and before you know it most of the office have it. It's like that only you won't know you have it until you have passed it on to co-workers and family members. When you start to show symptoms it will be too late.

How do you pass it on if not through coughing and sneezing?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

I believe the strategy is to get 60%? of people infected and (hopefully) recovered. Then we have herd immunity.

However, it has to be done in a controlled way, hence the gradual closing of schools etc. Do it too quickly and panic sets in. Do it too slowly and in the infection rate increases too quickly.

With this in mind, I wonder if a 'controlled infection' strategy would work? Deliberately infect the healthiest and let them recover. Then let the 60% for herd immunity be the healthiest ones? - saving the elderly?
    Its so ridiculous.

Its basically let it spread and we see what happens.

Madness

• Registered Users Posts: 8,005 ✭✭✭threeball

SusieBlue wrote: »
    My best friend, who hand on heart worked me into such a state of anxiety with her hysteria & doomsday talk during the week that I came close to having a panic attack, is currently out for drinks with her new boyfriend after going for dinner earlier this evening.

Another friend has a milestone birthday tomorrow, a party was planned but had to be cancelled for obvious reasons.
    A few of us were going to call to her house tomorrow afternoon with cake and balloons to take the sting out of the fact that we can’t celebrate but my other friend won’t come cause it’s too dangerous... (fair enough)
    But she’s currently out on the lash in town with her fella.
    So pissed off I can’t even put into words how angry I am. Raging isn’t the word, such selfish creatures out there.

But will you say it to her. Far too many people in this country bitch on boards or other friends about actions that people take that piss them off yet say nothing to the person in question. She'll remain a hypocrite as long as shes let

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

GolfNut33 wrote: »
    Anyone else gone from being scared of this bastard to wanting to beat the c*nt into oblivion?

Corvid 19 or Trump? We have the blueprint for at last limiting Corvid 19's effects if enough people get on board. Trump is another matter:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Indestructable

WTF is the UK doing, I fear for them at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

faceman wrote: »
    I’m similar to you and I have a different view. If Ireland ends up like Spain then I’m going there. I’d rather be in isolation in a sunny climate with a better health service and a cheaper cost of living than, you know, Ireland.

Fair enough, but the Spanish health service will be overrun if it is not already.

Spain is slowly closing down now. Much as I love it have to desist now. Better to be here than either in quarantine or unable to return home.

No brainer for me, but I get your point.

Makes zero sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ladybird18

Yeah; I did a double take. It sounded so stooopid.

But maybe he meant big as in big implications rather than just loads of letters!

I took it as loads of letters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

i fear for US because of them, remember Northern Ireland is effected by their decisions too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

fritzelly wrote: »
    Must have just updated

Updated at 11.33.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

Ladybird18 wrote: »
    I took it as loads of letters.

You’re probably right :-D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Klonker wrote: »

Good point.

UK are looking at banning mass gatherings now.

As long as Cheltenham happend.

What has gone wrong with them in the last few years??

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

I believe the strategy is to get 60%? of people infected and (hopefully) recovered. Then we have herd immunity.

However, it has to be done in a controlled way, hence the gradual closing of schools etc. Do it too quickly and panic sets in. Do it too slowly and in the infection rate increases too quickly.

With this in mind, I wonder if a 'controlled infection' strategy would work? Deliberately infect the healthiest and let them recover. Then let the 60% for herd immunity be the healthiest ones? - saving the elderly?

Is that you Boris, or is it Matt?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

The same as they did with Brexit, making a tits of things for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 marina24

EDIT: Start getting used to living with your mother in law :) The ban may last a good while[/quote]

Pay whatever it takes for a flight tomorrow 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

I just saw a Snapchat story, the picture has a pint with the caption reading: '**** your virus'.

That lad who posted it is in his mid-thirties and in fairness, was never the sharpest so I actually don't think he 'gets it'. We don't care if the likes of him gets the virus, it's the issue of passing it on to other people that's the problem. That's why the government needs to step in and temporarily shut the pubs because you just can't legislate for people and a lot of them out there are real idiots.

In a months time our health professionals will have guidelines on prioritising care to people in 30s vs people in 40s. This god****e will have helped spread it and also potentially take up a ventilator that could have saved a vulnerable person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Nermal

If he gets it, and doesn’t get hospitalised and doesn’t pass it on, he’s more useful than you are. He’ll be a barrier to further transmission.

How is he going to get it, if not by social contact?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

threeball wrote: »
    But will you say it to her. Far too many people in this country bitch on boards or other friends about actions that people take that piss them off yet say nothing to the person in question. She'll remain a hypocrite as long as shes let

Yeah I did, in fairness this is very out of character for her but I did tell her not to come near my house for the next 2 weeks and that she was being really reckless.
    She has elderly parents and an immunocompromised sister so I can only assume she’s having some sort of bizarre lapse of judgment due to being in a brand new relationship. Still doesn’t excuse it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,334 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

GM228 wrote: »
    Updated at 11.33.

What timezone? 10 mins ago the left hand country list still had Ireland at 70 - changed now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Downlinz wrote: »
    You can still be very sick spending weeks in hospital and suffer lifelong damage from this virus, even as a young person. Old people dying isn't the only issue.

100%. There's so much control of the message by the authorities. The reality is that this virus has killed younger people, has killed healthy people (virus overload) and up to 16% of cases can suffer lifelong damage. 1 in 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭RickDeckard

Ive not really paid much attention to Boards for a few years, but its been an invaluable resource on COVID19 since the beginning, as a country, I think we are very lucky to have a 'Meeting Square' kinda place like this to talk about it all.
    Stay safe
    Stay the **** indoors!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Nermal wrote: »
    If he gets it, and doesn’t get hospitalised and doesn’t pass it on, he’s more useful than you are. He’ll be a barrier to further transmission.

How is he going to get it, if not by social contact?

Really...

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

I fear for us living next door to them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,005 ✭✭✭threeball

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Yeah I did, in fairness this is very out of character for her but I did tell her not to come near my house for the next 2 weeks and that she was being really reckless.
    She has elderly parents and an immunocompromised sister so I can only assume she’s having some sort of bizarre lapse of judgment due to being in a brand new relationship. Still doesn’t excuse it though.

Good for you. People need to be more honest and call others out on bullsh1t especially in situations like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,837 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Boris tried to play it his way, but then others took it upon themselves to act, cancelling football, Rugby, gatherings. People over there are having to do it themselves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

UK are looking at banning mass gatherings now.

As long as Cheltenham happend.

What has gone wrong with them in the last few years??

I just spent the week travelling on the Tube. It was fairly packed at times.
    Not sure if you can realistically shut it down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Klonker wrote: »

Touching your eyes,nose ,mouth then touching something somebody else uses, for example
    It's much harder to spread when asymptomatic but definitely still does occur

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement