Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Be right back

razorblunt wrote: »
    I feel bad for "proper" radio presenters who a) get passed over for these "celebs" and b) in some cases have to babysit them every day in the job. A bit like Jenny Greene did with Nicky Byrne.

Or Demi Isaac on red fm in Cork, (the girl from the young offenders).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Well, she's apparently studying Radio Broadcasting.

So she's at least working towards it. I know, technically, one could argue she's using her profile to get her a Radio gig.
    And I wouldn't agree or disagree on that.

Plus you can train your whole life to be a radio presenter-doesn't mean you have the 'gift' for it.

Well, she's apparently studying Radio Broadcasting.

So she's at least working towards it. I know, technically, one could argue she's using her profile to get her a Radio gig.
    And I wouldn't agree or disagree on that.

Plus you can train your whole life to be a radio presenter-doesn't mean you have the 'gift' for it.

Is she? Fair play to her. She had it tough for the last while with both her parents dying.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The absolute state of Red FM in general she'd probably go into the Top 3 on their listing.

They used to have a guy who had a segment on his show where he'd play the "internet video of the day" on his show.
    He'd play ... a video ... on a radio show.
    The stand out being the narcoleptic dog.

I think he's senior there now.

The absolute state of Red FM in general she'd probably go into the Top 3 on their listing.

They used to have a guy who had a segment on his show where he'd play the "internet video of the day" on his show.

I stand corrected. She's on 96fm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Carrie Symonds. Completely inexplicable but I really really can't stand her.

his relationship CV says it all, she knows what's in store

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭p to the e

I feel bad for "proper" radio presenters who a) get passed over for these "celebs" and b) in some cases have to babysit them every day in the job. A bit like Jenny Greene did with Nicky Byrne.

"Loshie" Ryan. Tried her best to keep up with Zampo, Keith and Bernard but just got lost. I stopped listening to 2FM when those 3 broke up. And yeah I felt so bad for Jenny Greene being shifted over for that waste of space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

I hate Barry Egan more than any living person this planet.

I hate his column in the Sunday Independent. I hate how he pretends to be "in on the joke" when he loves rubbing shoulders with the D4 airheads. I hate his long red hair. I hate Brendan O'Connor. I hate everything about him.

I was at a social function where I saw him chortling vilely into a flute of champagne. My wife had to talk me out of walking over to him and offering him outside for a straightener. She reasoned that he wouldn't have had a clue who I was and we would probably have been ejected from the event. So I finished my own drink and insisted we leave. When I arrived home I ran fifteen miles at two in the morning to clear my head I was so angry. I hate Barry Egan.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Woke Hogan wrote: »

I hate his column in the Sunday Independent. I hate how he pretends to be "in on the joke" when he loves rubbing shoulders with the D4 airheads. I hate his long red hair. I hate Brendan O'Connor. I hate everything about him.

I was at a social function where I saw him chortling vilely into a flute of champagne. My wife had to talk me out of walking over to him and offering him outside for a straightener. She reasoned that he wouldn't have had a clue who I was and we would probably have been ejected from the event. So I finished my own drink and insisted we leave. When I arrived home I ran fifteen miles at two in the morning to clear my head I was so angry. I hate Barry Egan.

Are you me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Get your coat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i had to go home and bench press twice my own body weight when i saw brian ormonde once....every rep i was shouting "brian f*ckin ormonde"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Daniel from Corrie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭TheDavester

i think Just Jordan wan has got a gig on there....state of radio giving show to those with a "following" on insta

Irish Independent are going to be trying to charge people for their 'premium' articles.. Note even joking. Go to the website, you have to pay a premium to access some of the articles?
    Who want's to bet that Barry's 'work' will fall under premium content?
    i had to go home and bench press twice my own body weight when i saw brian ormonde once....every rep i was shouting "brian f*ckin ormonde"

He p**sed himself out of a job. I hear he hosts galas, or some sh**e. I fear that twit will get himself a gig on TV again, but only AFTER doing a stint on Dancing with the Staff.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

YES! About 9 years ago I was having dinner in a restaurant in Ranelagh and he was at the table beside us, set my teeth on edge for the entire duration.

Victoria Mary Clarke is another one who can get in the sea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Get off the fence, tell us how you really feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

The Journal’s Nicky Ryan. Primarily for his irritating profile photos.

The Journal’s Nicky Ryan. Primarily for his irritating profile photos.

I stopped going to the Journals' website.

Waste of space.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Carrie Symonds. Completely inexplicable but I really really can't stand her.

Can't stand her either. The way she described her pregnancy "we've a baby hatching" filled me with rage!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Journalists. As soon as someone is introduced as or says they're a journalist, instantly I fcucking hate them. Self pontificating bastards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

YES! About 9 years ago I was having dinner in a restaurant in Ranelagh and he was at the table beside us, set my teeth on edge for the entire duration.

Victoria Mary Clarke is another one who can get in the sea.

Married her patient!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Cyrstal Maze

Derek Mooney, Kathryn Thomas, Dermot Bannon, Amy Huberman, Glenda Gilson, Karen Foster-(XPose) and David Schwimmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Derek Mooney, Kathryn Thomas, Dermot Bannon, Amy Huberman, Glenda Gilson, Karen Foster-(XPose) and David Schwimmer.

What's wrong with David Schwimmer? All the others are gee bags though.

Used to like Muireann O'Connell...

But the woman needs to get off of social media and Chill.
    Her twitter is like the rantings of a teenage girl. Anything will set her off.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Count Down

Chelski FC and their fickle followers. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Cyrstal Maze

What's wrong with David Schwimmer? All the others are gee bags though.

Bit moaney and sulky. A big kid really! I don't need to explain this surely! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Count Down wrote: »
    Chelski FC and their fickle followers. :mad:

Huh?

Even had to check BBC Sport to see was i missing something. Are you posting from a few years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 fatboy69

Rachel Allen. Have no issue with Darina bur Rachel can FRO

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Sky King wrote: »
    I have an inexplicable highly irrational hatred for Paddy Cosgrave of Dublin Web summit fame.

Update - now that I have read much of the shiite he posts on twitter I can say that my irrational prejudices are now both rational and justified. I guess that means it doesn't belong in this thread, now that it is no longer inexplicable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Shellzzz

fatboy69 wrote:
    Rachel Allen. Have no issue with Darina bur Rachel can FRO

Is it the accent?,Drives me spare!😂

Advertisement