Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Dymo wrote: »
    Saw him on Living with Lucy and he appeared to be coked out of it, maybe he's not but he seemed to be.

He'd be an idiot to get involved in drugs. His mam died from drugs... so if he falls for that stuff, he's gonna P**s away his career.
    Pretty much like Colin Farrell did.

Went from 'leading man' status... to supporting actor, if he's lucky.
    Stephen Colbert.

Him, Samantha Bee and Trevor Noah are beating the same dead horse... 'Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump, Hillary should have won, Trump, Trump and repeat'

They've beaten the horse so dead, it's mincemeat and being sold in your local supermarket as budget beefmince.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

I enjoyed him on whose line is it anyway but he’s got a smug face :

ian-hislop.jpg

Twat

• Registered Users Posts: 24,816 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Joe Duffy - the level of misery he promotes would have us all jumping off the new New Ross bridge that we keep seeing photos of

How he’s had a 40 year career in broadcasting, it’s mind boggling. :eek:

“ yeah, that’s terrible, go on yeah, we are listening to you here Frank, and tell me, they put up the price of Manhattan popcorn in your local Tesco, and you said to the price of 2.50 ! Thanks not on and the stuff, I don’t know about you, but it gets caught in my false teeth and you have a job getting it out in the evening, the wife, she’d be calling me to bed to say the rosary an an an .. awhh I don’t know, anyway.. eh Frank, are you still there ? Frank ? Frank ? We lost Frank, we’ll head to the adds and then the news oh merciful hour !”

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

Ivan Yates and Matt Cooper on the tonight show.Absolute turnips.When will people realise Vincent Brown cannot be emulated.Anyone trying to copy his presenting style looks like a jackass.

That Barry Keoghan yoke gets too much attention paid to him, he is devoid of a personality and lost at sea in tv interviews.
    He just giggles and bobs up and down on the chair.

From the insta world it has to be Kieran Corrigan.. his wife is surely banging a straight man on the side...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

RicLad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

well i wouldn't say can't stand....but Joanna Lumley in her old age is beginning to get on my nerves with her OTT cut glass accent "oh darling" "oh bless" "oh how beautiful" and her cheesey smile

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

KM792 wrote: »
    Ivan Yates and Matt Cooper on the tonight show.Absolute turnips.When will people realise Vincent Brown cannot be emulated.Anyone trying to copy his presenting style looks like a jackass.

That Barry Keoghan yoke gets too much attention paid to him, he is devoid of a personality and lost at sea in tv interviews.
    He just giggles and bobs up and down on the chair.

From the insta world it has to be Kieran Corrigan.. his wife is surely banging a straight man on the side...

Vincent Browne......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Joe Molloy on Off The Ball. Just completely rubs me up the wrong way, and ruins that show for me. Actually, most of the lads on that show come across like twats.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    For real, condescending wagon, I hate her.

Back in the day, she was genuinely funny.

But sometime around the 'puppy' incident, the sheen went off of her. Apparently she's HORRIBLE to her writers-if a joke doesn't work, she'll pretty much drag her writers out, in front of the audience, and be horrible to them.

A right nightmare by all accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

James May

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Joe Molloy on Off The Ball. Just completely rubs me up the wrong way, and ruins that show for me. Actually, most of the lads on that show come across like twats.

Yer man from Apres Match absolutely has their number. Once you see his impressions its hard to get it out of your hand and listen to them again.

Your Face wrote: »
    James May

Correct...terrible tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Bradley Cooper

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Yeah, somethin about them. Maybe they come across as smug or something, I don't know what it is but I stopped listening to the show cos they were getting on my nerves!

Worst of them was Dave McIntyre. J*sus he's insufferable. Cannot listen to him commentating.

I enjoy listening to Kevin Kilbane when he's on though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

Im assuming he's been mentioned already, but Christ, Ivan Yates is annoying as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

KM792 wrote: »
    Matt Cooper on the tonight show.

How Matt Cooper ever got a job in radio I'll never understand. That screechy voice is so hard to listen to. When he turns the righteous indignation up to 11 only dogs can hear him...

storker wrote: »
    How Matt Cooper ever got a job in radio I'll never understand. That screechy voice is so hard to listen to. When he turns the righteous indignation up to 11 only dogs can hear him...

He's close to being the Irish Glenn Beck, tbh.

storker wrote: »

Me neither, goes top-note fierce quick, the ‘tarrier ’ took a lump out of the brand new leather ottoman as soon as he hoyed up on the screen.

Ruined the unit, have to turn it in to the wall now.

Little runt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Tommy Tiernan, Twink, Alison spittle, Bono, Panti Bliss.

Psychlops wrote: »
    Tommy Tiernan, Twink, Alison spittle, Bono, Panti Bliss.

I fear, with this Coronavirus, we'll be seeing a LOT of them all on TV....

RTE won't have anything else to show (no rugby, no St PAtrick's day parade, GAA and Premier League are all going to be cancelled) guests for the likes of the LLS will be from down the road...

A literal runny nose is going to make TV bloody awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Alex Scott....she's everywhere for an average pundit...there are better female pundits on BT (well during last year's europa league coverage), she's the female jenas, cliche's, sounds good/coherent compared to the stereotypical footballer but actually says nothing of substance

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

fryup wrote: »
    well i wouldn't say can't stand....but Joanna Lumley in her old age is beginning to get on my nerves with her OTT cut glass accent "oh darling" "oh bless" "oh how beautiful" and her cheesey smile

She's a legend. Does a lot of work to stamp out cruelty to animals. She also hates trophy hunters.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I fear, with this Coronavirus, we'll be seeing a LOT of them all on TV....

RTE won't have anything else to show (no rugby, no St PAtrick's day parade, GAA and Premier League are all going to be cancelled) guests for the likes of the LLS will be from down the road...

A literal runny nose is going to make TV bloody awful.

No difference there then

• Registered Users Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Alex Scott....she's everywhere for an average pundit...there are better female pundits on BT (well during last year's europa league coverage), she's the female jenas, cliche's, sounds good/coherent compared to the stereotypical footballer but actually says nothing of substance

She talks plenty of sense, theres far worse pundits like Crooks,Owen,Merson,Savage,Sutton that get plenty of airtime that actually shouldn't

Rothko wrote: »
    No difference there then

It's only gonna get worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Gregg Wallace, cheeky happy cockney twat. I like Masterchef but he spoils it for me. Big smiley head on him, everyone is his mate. Fukcing hate h8m.

patmac wrote: »
    Gregg Wallace, cheeky happy cockney twat. I like Masterchef but he spoils it for me. Big smiley head on him, everyone is his mate. Fukcing hate h8m.

Him and John Torode, together, is like nails on chalkboard to me. Especially watching them stuffing their faces.

At least on Masterchef: The Professionals, you don't have Torode. And you get less of Gregg.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Oprah Winfrey.Shes so fake.I cant stand her

Eddie Hobbs. Makes serious money by telling people about making serious money through properly and then blames the civil service when the private banks collapse.

Beyonce and Serena Williams. Super rich and powerful but apparently, oppressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Sac O Spuds

Victoria Beckham.
    I'm firmly convinced she's an alien.
    Has there ever been a picture taken of her with a nice happy smile on her face?

Advertisement