Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Transformation 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭TheFortField

I couldn’t warm to Shane at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

40 mins for a flat 5k is disgraceful.
    It really is, anything over 30 mins after 8 weeks dieting and constantly exercising is also poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

40 mins for a flat 5k is disgraceful.
    It really is, anything over 30 mins after 8 weeks dieting and constantly exercising is also poor.

What an arsehole thing to post.

What an arsehole thing to post.

If they are going to use running a 5k as a vehicle to make themselves look good then they should at least try and not phone in a half arsed effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭ax530

I think it was fantastic seeing so many people so happy running, enjoying it and achieving their goals.
    Hopefully some of them will keep it up.

Shane looked great his wife lost weight too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

If they are going to use running a 5k as a vehicle to make themselves look good then they should at least try and not phone in a half arsed effort.

Ah ffs! Will you lighten up. The goal is to complete a 5k run, they're not fcuking Linford Christies.

BuboBubo wrote: »
    Ah ffs! Will you lighten up. The goal is to complete a 5k run, they're not fcuking Linford Christies.

40 mins for 3.1 miles isn't running.
    It's walking.
    But hey the goal is to get an emotional slo mo with coldplay in the background to make everyone appreciate the journey... why not have them just record the bit where they cry at the finish.

Lorraine is so lovely. That colour is great on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

It's walking.
    But hey the goal is to get an emotional slo mo with coldplay in the background to make everyone appreciate the journey... why not have them just record the bit where they cry at the finish.

Most of these people haven't exercised in years before this. Cop on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

I agree with the man. 40min is shocking poor for 5k. At a very basic level it's poor, we're not even talking the poorest club runner.

Linford Christie was a sprinter by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,872 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Most of these people wouldn't have ran 1k 8 weeks ago, so it's a BIG achievement to finish a 5k in any time.

It isn't easy for everyone.

I love Barry & Andrea, they were my favourite leaders this series.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Lorraine is so lovely. That colour is great on her.

She looked great. I’d say she’d be savage craic On a night out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Shane looks absolutely brilliant

I cried watching him. He looks amazing. So delighted for such a lovely person!!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭robinbird

40 mins to walk 3 miles after eight weeks of coaching and exercise with a focus on walking and running is setting the bar very low. Celebrating it as a wonderful emotional achievement feels weird. It's not like they finished a marathon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

why does SHE HAVE TO SHOUT SO MUCH ABOUT EVERYTHING?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Have to say I admire these people, i just hope they learn to keep themselves motivated after the show, as a jogger it’s not always easy to get out in the rain or wind but if you want to stay reasonably fit and healthy you have too

Quazzie wrote: »
    Most of these people wouldn't have ran 1k 8 weeks ago, so it's a BIG achievement to finish a 5k in any time.

I know your point is true.

Just personally I find all the palaver of this episode hard to take. It's like they have arrived, job complete, when the real work without the cameras and food plans has just begun.

They have to realise ambling through a 5k isn't anywhere near fitness, not celebrate it like a lifetime milestone.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Exactly. I'd like to see those people criticising strap a 4 stone bag of spuds to themselves and try running 5k.

I wouldn't get too smug about timing, life can throw all kinds of sh1t at you...

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

It's walking.
    You seem just lovely.

• Advertisement

In fairness, based on the times none of them ran more than 1km in the race.

9min/km is casual walking.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Its meant to be the leaders night...and Thomas stealing their thunder with the gown and size zero waist

Barry is very handsome, I hope he continues to look after his health and fitness after the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Envelope436

To the people saying it's mean to say it's slow to run 5km in 40mins, I agree. It's not just being mean spirited. Did a 5km a couple of weeks ago, my lazy moany 9 year old did a 5km half walking half running in about 30mins. All the same I respect their openness and happiness at the experience.

Exactly. I'd like to see those people criticising strap a 4 stone bag of spuds to themselves and try running 5k.

I wouldn't get too smug about timing, life can throw all kinds of sh1t at you...

Totally incorrect comparison. They had adapted to their weight.

Throwing 4 stone on a person with no time to adapt isn't the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Does there be a winner picked in the final

They are all winners...

OT is like modern society, mediocrity is winning

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Everyone Is a winner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ladybird18

Awwww is someone peeling onions?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Its meant to be the leaders night...and Thomas stealing their thunder with the gown and size zero waist

Mind you his arse looked huge in the shot from behind.

She will be screeching when she sees the playback.

Advertisement