Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Operation Transformation 2020

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Here we go. 5 participating.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

The music teacher will be one of them. Always an educational person included.

Feck. To have that from a teenager.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Hes 29? Looks so much older.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Akabusi

What is his second job?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Azatadine

That Eddie lad is an awful spoofer. Cant listen to him at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

I'd love for once if they'd just had some fatty come on and say I'm fat cause I love takeaways, booze and sitting on me arse.

Akabusi wrote: »
    What is his second job?

The musical stuff in the evenings.

Big screech from Kathryn. She's back.

Azatadine wrote: »
    That Eddie lad is an awful spoofer. Cant listen to him at all.

Same for me Aoife. Think she contradicts herself alot.

• Advertisement

That big man coming up is a shade under 30 stone. He's in a couple. Heaviest ever I'd say.

neonsofa wrote: »
    Hes 29? Looks so much older.

He has an older demeanour about him too.

Nice to have a couple. And some story with his neck break.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭JoeCole26

Massive respect to everyone that decides to put themselves out there and try to better themselves, and generally just feel happier in their own skin. The very best of luck to them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Ah that was sweet of him

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭robinbird

The subtle insinuation though is that losing weight will make these people happier. Not sure that is the case.
    And that it is sustainable once the cameras go off. Very noticeable that the few leaders they bring back are from the last year or two and that they are all still overweight.

Eddies new age spoofing and psychobabble definitely the most annoying thing about the show.

robinbird wrote: »
    The subtle insinuation though is that losing weight will make these people happier. Not sure that is the case.
    And that it is sustainable once the cameras go off. Very noticeable that the few leaders they bring back are from the last year or two and that they are all still overweight.

Eddies new age spoofing and psychobabble definitely the most annoying thing about the show.

Very true. Year 13. Where are the 2008 crew?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Can never understand why they strip right down for the weigh ins, seems like fat shaming to me. I know it's a weight loss programme but its seems unnecessary

He's like Brutus in Popeye!

Spoofer Eddie....Kathryn wants Eddie on speed dial for the girl no less...

• Advertisement

Naggdefy wrote: »
    Very true. Year 13. Where are the 2008 crew?

A follow up study on The Biggest Loser, the equivalent us show found that it was practically impossible for them to keep the weight off.

Spoofing away and gets shut down by the annoying Aoife. How ironic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Even the past participants who have all become "advocates" for health and fitness are still well overweight.

I think the producers seek out the easiest people to manipulate and play up to the camera, as the majority seem to have been unable to do it for themselves once the cameras are gone.
    Its sad really when you think none of the people on it previously can come back say 5 or 10 years later and show slow but consistent improvement.

Didn't like the way Tanya had her man fetching things for her. Probably used the weight as an excuse but part laziness, part control thing.

A follow up study on The Biggest Loser, the equivalent us show found that it was practically impossible for them to keep the weight off.

Was there an underlying reason, something psychological?

12 cans of coke a day.. holy fcuk.

Even the past participants who have all become "advocates" for health and fitness are still well overweight.

I think the producers seek out the easiest people to manipulate and play up to the camera, as the majority seem to have been unable to do it for themselves once the cameras are gone.
    Its sad really when you think none of the people on it previously can come back say 5 or 10 years later and show slow but consistent improvement.

I've one guy as a FB friend, acquaintance really, on the show 7/8 years ago. Heavier than ever.

Yeah, imagine 12 cans a day of Coke. That cannot be a good thing even outside of weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Ah this doesn't have a patch on biggest loser. Now that was good TV. 20 stone losses in a matter of months!!

I've one guy as a FB friend, acquaintance really, on the show 7/8 years ago. Heavier than ever.

You one Siobhan from a few years ago goes up and down in weight like nothing else. Follow her on FB and she eats like a pig at times and other times it's the lettuce diet with runs during her lunch break. No consistency at all.

• Advertisement

Was there an underlying reason, something psychological?

Their metabolisms were permanently damaged and lowered. And you only have so much will power. They were constantly starving. The only participant out of 13 that has kept the weight off was obsessed and still exercising 5-6 hours a day.

Have seen it myself with others. Losing the weight is the easy part, particularly with the national spotlight.. Keeping it off is practically impossible.

Advertisement